• Infinitized!

Disneynature's Pollen

The Disneynature movie that is currently playing in France:

Official website: http://www.disney.fr/pollen/

I'd really like to see this one, but I have a feeling that it will bypass us like Crimson Wing did. If I'm not mistaken, this one is supposed to be known as Hidden Beauty here in North America. Last year I saw a slightly different trailer for it with the song Kissing by Bliss. This trailer is Darkest Hour by Whitley.

If France has this one currently playing, are they still getting African Cats (aka Big Cats)?

If any of you have seen it, how is it?

I wish Disney would keep their Disneynature releases consistent globally.

• Infinitized!

Re: Disneynature's Pollen

So, any french Micechatters have seen this one yet?

Disneynature is one of the things I love that the company is doing currently. Oceans was just astoundingly beautiful. African Cats looks interesting but I don't think it will draw a huge crowd, I'd really rather see Pollen. I wonder why they chose to release different films in different countries.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    Disneynature is one of the things I love that the company is doing currently. Oceans was just astoundingly beautiful. African Cats looks interesting but I don't think it will draw a huge crowd, I'd really rather see Pollen. I wonder why they chose to release different films in different countries.
    I'm really looking forward to African Cats. Been looking forward to it since I saw the trailer with Oceans last year. It will be interesting to see how African Cats does as Earth Day falls on Good Friday this year. If not opening day, I'll be there opening weekend for sure.

Looks like they are really trying to push environmental issues with this one, more so than with Oceans and earth, which is a good thing.

I'm not big on 3D, but would be cool to see this one in 3D on an IMAX screen. Would just love to see that swarm of Monarch butterflies coming out of the screen.

As for the global release dates, that's something I don't get; why Disney isn't keeping them consistent on each continent. Look what happened with Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos. It was supposed to get a theatrical release here as well, but they just ended up putting it on home video media instead.

One thing I like about these Disneynature movies are the soundtracks and the music they chose for the trailers. The artist providing music for Pollen is Sweden's Jeanette: Jeanette | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
    Last year I managed to see a leaked trailer for Hidden Beauty that was on Youtube, but was pulled not long after. (Hidden Beauty is the North American title of Pollen) and the music used for it was by Bliss. I did read a blurb that they did some music for this film as well. The trailer for Hidden Beauty was a little different than for Pollen. I remember it showing a woman working in a garden with bees flying about, and some shots of humming birds.
    Last edited by Barbossa; 04-02-2011 at 01:00 PM.

• Infinitized!

Interesting blog posting from 2 years ago:
    DISNEYNATURE: HIDDEN BEAUTY | Little Homestead in the City

• Infinitized!

Here's a Pollen activity book/calendar (PDF):
    http://media.disneyinternational.com...ier_pollen.pdf
    Just note that all text is in French.

There's some really stunning images in this movie. I really want to see it!

• Infinitized!

Did some digging around on Youtube. Here's the original trailer with the song Kissing by Bliss, however, the first time I saw the trailer the text was in english and had Hidden Beauty title:

Apparently the trailer was on the Crimson Wing Blu-Ray in France.