Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 'Reboot Ralph' moves up, 'Monsters University' left back a year

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Is Lassetter TRYING to kill Walt Disney Feature Animation? why doesnt he have Pixar put out this crappy movie? This type of film is not what WDFA should be putting out. Disney Animation is about fairy tales and far off places, leave the "reboot" and computer-y stuff for Pixar. yuck.
    Well that is unfair, Disney can make their genre be whatever they want it to be, just as long as it tells a great story. Same thing can apply to Pixar

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The T View Post
    Well that is unfair, Disney can make their genre be whatever they want it to be, just as long as it tells a great story. Same thing can apply to Pixar
    Yeah thats true, but this concept just seems so corny, it almost sounds like something out of Adult Swim. I will be very surprised if they can pull this concept off without it coming off like some cheesy show out of Adult Swim. A old school video game character going through all the new games etc? just doesnt sound very intriguing to me.

As long as its better Chicken Little, I do look forward to this movie

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by The T View Post
    I'm with you on that one. I'm always an advocate of saying that any story can be retold over and over again, but in different ways as long as it's done well.

How many times have we seen variations of Othello, Romeo & Juliet, Ferngully, Hamlet, the Odyssey, Yojimbo, Seven Samurai, and of course stories within the Bible?

At first, I'll admit, I didn't like the idea of a videogame based movie from Disney or Pixar when it was originally Jumping Joe, or Joe Jump, or whatever it was called.

But I believe that Disney can do something different. Sure, Atlantis and Treasure Planet didn't do well, but that was a different time. And same with Chicken Little. Sure, too many failures is bad for the image of any company.

But I have a feeling that this will be where the "old man" has to learn what it's like to exist in a newer world... similar to how some parents can't adapt to technology, or how some people don't want to adapt to technology. Neither is right, nor wrong.

Or how there are people who are afraid of change in their life. Whether it's a neighbor, or a new shopping center, a job, a friend... because it's their routine. I hope this movie shows that change can be good, but not always. Like show how some kids and adults are out of touch with the little things in life because they just speed through everything.

Disney isn't only Princesses and Animals. Tangled was originally named Rapunzel, but didn't want to alienate the male demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Is Lassetter TRYING to kill Walt Disney Feature Animation? why doesnt he have Pixar put out this crappy movie? This type of film is not what WDFA should be putting out. Disney Animation is about fairy tales and far off places, leave the "reboot" and computer-y stuff for Pixar. yuck.
    Disney films set in contemporary (at the time) United States of America:

- Dumbo
    - Melody Time (portions)
    - Make Mine Music (portions)
    - 101 Dalmatians
    - The Aristocats
    - The Rescuers
    - The Fox & the Hound
    - Oliver & Company
    - The Rescuers Down Under
    - Lilo & Stitch
    - Bolt

Disney films that feature "computery stuff"

- Atlantis
    - Treasure Planet
    - Lilo & Stitch
    - Meet the Robinsons
    - Bolt

Pixar Films that have nothing to do with computers, reboots, or anything of the sort:

- A Bug's Life
    - Monsters, Inc
    - Finding Nemo
    - Ratatouille
    - Brave

So, really, both companies have had hugely varied "types" of films. Disney had had contemporary stuff going back to Walt's time, and Pixar has had its share of "talking animal" pictures. They've never been just one thing. And that's how they both stay fresh and exciting.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Reboot Ralph' changes titles to 'Wreck-It Ralph'
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

After reading the synopsis for Wreck-it Ralph, I am very intrested in what Disney is doing here.

Wait, I don't think they actually changed titles. Did they?
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Press Release:

BURBANK, Calif. (June 13, 2011) – Some of us are born to be bad, but that doesn’t mean we have to like it. Walt Disney Animation Studios and Emmy®-winning director Rich Moore (TV’s The Simpsons, Futurama) take moviegoers on a hilarious, video-game-hopping journey in Wreck-It Ralph, the story of an arcade game Bad Guy determined to prove he can be a Good Guy. Produced by Clark Spencer (Lilo & Stitch, Bolt) and featuring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch, the CG comedy adventure will hit theaters on Nov. 12, 2012, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.

Says Moore, “I love the idea of a very simple 8-bit video game character struggling with the complex question: ‘isn’t there more to life than the role I’ve been assigned?’ In his quest for the answer, we journey with our hero through three visually distinct video game worlds. It’s unlike anything anyone’s seen before, and I’m thrilled to be to creating it here at Walt Disney Animation Studios.”

Wreck-It Ralph (voice of Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his game’s perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes… so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan—win a medal—but soon wrecks everything, and accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralph’s only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Silverman), a young troublemaking “glitch” from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before it’s “Game Over” for the entire arcade?

• Nutty about Disney parks

^ I really believe that they were high on something in the writer's room when they came up with this. It's crazy that Lasseter would say no to "American Dog" for being too weird yet he approves this movie which sounds even weirder.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Maybe only slightly weirder than a rat that longs to be a chef...

thankfully some are blessed with creativity and the vision to run with it. Lucky for us John Lasseter is and has chosen (along with the the brain trusts at WDAS and Pixar) to move forward with this and some other soon (hopefully) to be announced animated features and shorts.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12