Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: "The Hunger Games"

I'm kinda' getting irritated at this whole "let's cast 1 person a day" thing. They casted Stanley Tucci as Ceasar (in my brain he was Bob Barker- even though Bob is super old his skin is always tan, he always look part shark...). But the movie is out in a little over 10 months. This sucker should be casted, filming, and ready instead of this... Studios lately are deciding to do these tent poles at such weird times waiting to the last minute in some cases; compared to years ago where they did a tent pole in 2-3 years and the actors would be like "Oh I filmed that when I first met my (signficant other), and now we're married with a kid on the way..." on the DVD extras.

Cast Haymitch, Cinna, Snow, right now (today!) then start filming, find 16ish random school aged kids and ask "want to be in a movie?" and there you have all the tributes that battle it out except the big ones... We don't see the others really so make a kids life and go to a skate park at 3pm. There casting is done.

• I'm not really here

Stanley Tucci as Casear Flickerman. I think this is genius casting

They are announcing as they do the casting to keep fans happy with announcements rather than waiting till they get the whole cast then announcing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Yes, I think the dragging the casting out is annoying... I'd rather just know who is playing who and get on with the wait for the movie.

And I think Stanley Tucci is right on for Ceasar, although while reading the book I pictured him as overweight... But now I totally see Tucci as Ceasar. And it's nice because his character is in all three books, so if they do make a movie trilogy hopefully we'll get to see him in all three.

Woody Harrelson as Haymitch! Perfect! Is anyone surprised at the amount of talent they've casted so far? Tucci, Harrelson in particular, I mean. So, so looking forward to this movie!

Now I'm just waiting to hear who Cinna will be. He's the last character I'm interested to see which actor will portray.

• I'm not really here

I was so not picturing Harrelson for that part, but it's brilliant!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I always get the stoner vibe with Woody, not that kind of guy. But I am glad they finally casted such an amazing character.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

So all the tributes are casted. Major parts I guess would be Cinna, the trio of glam (although that's not really... I mean I don't even remember their names), and Snow. And they could probably have some of the tributes/past Hunger Games winners/mentors show up as cameos for those dorks who have read the whole series and will be looking out for Finnick or teeth lady.

Did ya'll see the first pic if Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss?

THE HUNGER GAMES Movie Image

First impression: I think it's a great start. I feel like they've done a good job of making sure her makeup doesn't make her look older, or pretty in an obvious or stereotypical way. She's got really pretty dark eyes to go with the brunette hair, so overall... Thumbs up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I saw the picture. Liked the picture. I think what sealed her as Katniss was her favorite scene in the series, which is soooooo a PTSD moment that I related to.

Lenny Kravitz as Cinna. Are you surprised? I'm not. Other than his age (I thought Cinna was described as young, mid 20's) I think he'll do okay. Lots of casting info cropping up here and there....

Now to patiently wait until summer 2012.

• I'm not really here

Yeah, wasn't expecting him, but I think that will actually work pretty well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    Lenny Kravitz as Cinna. Are you surprised? I'm not. Other than his age (I thought Cinna was described as young, mid 20's) I think he'll do okay. Lots of casting info cropping up here and there....

Now to patiently wait until summer 2012.
    I kept hearing his name pop up here and there and not other names... I don't know in my brain I read Cinna as cinnamon. So I thought Jesse Williams.

The casting is fine with me.

The biggest surprise to me was Cinna. Way different than what I expected.

I just hope they don't make any major changes to the story. These books have amazing film potential if it's done right.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Donald Sutherland was casted as President Snow. Had a weird realization when I heard this casting... I didn't realize I casted the CEO of my work as Snow until I heard the casting, Sutherland doesn't embody the sharp snake like edges Snow has and my boss (while I think he's a nice guy... I don't know him really well. He's talked at a meeting I've been to, served me ice cream for nursing appreciate days...)...Like each description of Snow that was given is my boss... Creepy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Donald Sutherland was casted as President Snow. Had a weird realization when I heard this casting... I didn't realize I casted the CEO of my work as Snow until I heard the casting, Sutherland doesn't embody the sharp snake like edges Snow has and my boss (while I think he's a nice guy... I don't know him really well. He's talked at a meeting I've been to, served me ice cream for nursing appreciate days...)...Like each description of Snow that was given is my boss... Creepy, right?
    That's funny, knitting, I've done the same thing before. I think it's pretty normal to subconciously liken people who you come into contact with (but don't know very well) as characters in books, movies, etc... Your boss does sound a little creepy though!

As far as Donald Sutherland, I only really picture him from the Pride and Prejudice movie where his character was very warm and kindly, so it'll be interesting to see how evil he can be. I know I've seen him in other movies before but his Mr. Bennett really sticks with me....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast