Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I'm not really here

Re: "The Hunger Games"

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    As far as Donald Sutherland, I only really picture him from the Pride and Prejudice movie where his character was very warm and kindly, so it'll be interesting to see how evil he can be. I know I've seen him in other movies before but his Mr. Bennett really sticks with me....
    It's actually his ability to play Mr. Bennett so well that will ultimately make his President Snow so disturbingly evil. Because Snow doesn't come across as overtly evil. It's more subtle. He's the consummate politician. He is all smiles and charm and charisma and grandfatherly, but underneath all of that is the evil, cloaked and hidden. The smell of roses covering something sickly is used in the books as a description that fits his personality as well. The innocent rose disguising the moral decay within. The true evil of President Snow lies in his ability to cloak that evil, but not quite completely... a hint of it creeps through. I think Donald Sutherland will be perfect for this role requiring a lot of complexity and nuance.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm not really here

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

As far as Donald Sutherland, I only really picture him from the Pride and Prejudice movie where his character was very warm and kindly, so it'll be interesting to see how evil he can be. I know I've seen him in other movies before but his Mr. Bennett really sticks with me....
    Donald Sutherland was good in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Him throwing the knife at Buffy, you can see Snow like qualities.

MYCROFT- that scene she mentions is one of my favorite in the series, I think my favorite in the series. If you ever get the unfortunate pleasure of experiencing PTSD (which Katniss has ten fold by the end of the series), that scene gets it. The idea of going back to where you got your PTSD makes you freak... I think in the whole series I related the most to that scene.

• I'm not really here

Agreed. I have family members with PTSD and she did in fact nail it perfectly. Katniss is one messed up person by the end. I am very happy to hear Jennifer talk about how to play the character as someone who is broken by making that first kill rather than some action hero. I am getting more excited for this by the day.

Just showing this thread some loooove.

I also saw somewhere that T-Bone Burnett and Danny Elfman will be working on the score and soundtrack (or both maybe?) together. That is all levels of cool by me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Lenny Kravitz as Cinna. Are you surprised? I'm not. Other than his age (I thought Cinna was described as young, mid 20's) I think he'll do okay. Lots of casting info cropping up here and there....

Now to patiently wait until summer 2012.
    March 2012.

Guess I am one of the few on here disappointed with Kravitz and Harrelson. I think they are both grossly miscast and I am extremely worried they might ruin the movie.

Still hopeful and wary, but we'll see....
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

THE HUNGER GAMES - March 23, 2012 - MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.

I don't know if anyone saw this. It's pretty bad tushed! I love the vibe with the music and the fire... Oh and I don't know if anyone is my friend with me on facebook, but my facebook picture is of District 12. My little rebellous "heck yeah!"

I like it. It's pretty simple, but I'll take this kind of poster any day over one that tries to cram all the actors faces into the frame to capitalize on who's in the movie rather than capitalize on the strength of the story/material.

Makes me wonder what they'll come up with for a poster for Catching Fire.

• I'm not really here

The viral campaign is starting. I love how they got a .pn for the domain. Makes it look like Panem. It's really the Pitcairn Islands where the crew from the Bounty (yes, that Bounty) ended up settling.

http://capitol.pn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123