Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

"The Hunger Games"

So Gary Ross is adapting this and is anyone as psyched as I am?

• I'm not really here

Re: "The Hunger Games"

This has the potential to be really really good. I hope they don't screw these up as I loved the books. I understand wanting to keep a lower pg-13 rating, but they really can't sugar coat this. The books are pretty brutal. Hopefully they can find a nice middle ground where they make clear just how brutal and twisted this is and still keep it a pg-13 to maximize audience.

I'm liking casting so far.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Disappointed in most of the casting so far, but hoping they don't screw up the movies.

I'm wary, but hopeful they won't screw up this great series.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Some of the casting I am iffy on... Like Jennifer Lawerance I could go either way on, Josh Hutchinson (sp?) was good in "The Kids are Alright." I like the idea of Elizabeth Banks for Effie. I think the one I'm waiting to really decide on the casting is Haymitch. Haymitch was my favorite character in the series, and the actor has to do him justice. But I'm getting irked because it's like everyday they release a new piece of the casting puzzle, but it's like "Tributes from District 1!" "Tributes from District 6!" Get to the good stuff.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Some of the casting I am iffy on... Like Jennifer Lawerance I could go either way on, Josh Hutchinson (sp?) was good in "The Kids are Alright." I like the idea of Elizabeth Banks for Effie. I think the one I'm waiting to really decide on the casting is Haymitch. Haymitch was my favorite character in the series, and the actor has to do him justice. But I'm getting irked because it's like everyday they release a new piece of the casting puzzle, but it's like "Tributes from District 1!" "Tributes from District 6!" Get to the good stuff.
    I know, he's the one I'm waiting for too. Who would you pick to play him if you could? I've long thought Hugh Laurie would play him VERY well. Even Liam Neeson could do it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Mycroft16: #1 Husband

I want Robert Downey Jr. for Haymitch!
    Next Disneyland trip: June 19th-24th
    First Disney cruise: Oct. 23rd-27th

See some of my Disneyland photos here!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I know, he's the one I'm waiting for too. Who would you pick to play him if you could? I've long thought Hugh Laurie would play him VERY well. Even Liam Neeson could do it.
    The problem I think I'm having is a lot of the actors people are suggesting for Haymitch are too old. Like Liam Neeson, is in his 50s. Haymitch I believe was 14 or 15 when he was in the Games which means he's only like 40 years old, maybe at the start of the first book. Granted things like alocohol and such harden looks, and I think people in the series almost age faster because life is harder, but like Robert Downey is 45, Hugh Laurie is 51ish. Mark Ruffalo I could see (in "Just Like Heaven" he was great as the drunk, down on his luck guy)... but I could watch him in anything. If they want to go lower rent/ with a t.v. actor I wouldn't be opposed to Simon Baker (hair dyed obviously)...

One thing I was thinking about today in class with pain and all that is how well the series deals with PTSD and how Katniss freaks out afterwards and how all the past "winners" all have a quirk or two afterwards. Like Haymitch drinks, but he drinks for a good reason and even another reason (no one pays too much attention to the drunks...)... So for them to find a cast that can convey that would be great.

I think Hugh Laurie would be a great pick!! I'm really excited Josh Huterson is playing Peeta, but I was kinda hoping out for Hailee Steinfield to play Katniss, though hopefully Jennifer Lawrence can portaray Katniss correctly.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tangledforever13 View Post
    I think Hugh Laurie would be a great pick!! I'm really excited Josh Huterson is playing Peeta, but I was kinda hoping out for Hailee Steinfield to play Katniss, though hopefully Jennifer Lawrence can portaray Katniss correctly.
    I was pro-Hailee too, but one thing that I thought post-casting Lawrence is that they'd have to cast someone well under 18 for Peeta then as well because how weird would that be for the lead? I think I read something about Hunter Parrish (?), who was in contention for Peeta saying something about how weird it would be for him if Hailee was cast. But then again looking at the gal they casted as the Tribute for District 3 looks like how I envisioned Katniss. Whatever.

I read something over on Playlist that John C. Reilly is on talks to play Haymitch. Heads up. That wouldn't be bad at all...

I do have to say they actors cast for Thresh and Rue look perfect. Rue looks a little younger than I pictured her, but I love her sweet face!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

There are a couple new tributes casted... I think they only need the majors now.

The official facebook page listed two more tributes today....

From reading a couple of comments on the facebook page I gather that most of the unnamed tributes are stunt actors. A few people mentioned that this was due in part to the physicality of being a tribute and that there wasn't a need for "names" in the roles... Makes sense.

I wish they would just get to it and announce who is playing Haymitch, Cinna, Portia, Cato and Clove.....

Wes Bentley as Seneca Crane announced today!

I haven't seen Bentley in anything for awhile. Have to admit he does have a brooding/could be evil look that would serve him well in this role even though I always pictured the character as older, maybe 50's.

I'm becoming slightly obsessed, waiting for all the roles to be filled by actors...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

There are certain roles/characters I don't remember really... Like Seneca (was he in the 3rd book?)...

He was the head Gamekeeper in the first book, he was the one who let both Peeta and Katniss survive/live.... It makes me think that his role will be expanded a bit in the movie because his character is a very small contribution overall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast