Thumbs up Waking Sleeping Beauty/ History you would love to know if you don't already!

Gang,
    I am a Disney history buff. I have read everything I can get my hand on and viewed everything I can find on the subject of disney....and still looking all the time. There have been many great stories written about Disney. History of the man and his family, the company, the parks, imagineering and the art of animation. Many are excellent and I like and love them all.

This though gets a rating from me of PHENOMANAL!!!!
    I just viewed Waking Sleeping Beauty. Please see it and then comment IF YOU CAN! I am currently just about speechless.

I was and still am just so moved by the story and grateful as to how all these non perfect players and parts had to come together to cultivate these stories that we/I had no idea of where they came from.

We here knew The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast came out of Disney Animation but man it is so much deeper than that and now we finally have a chance to see it in depth.

Check it out you'll be glad you did.
    Thanks Walt for having a vision and sticktoittivness. Thanks Roy for being by his side.

Re: Waking Sleeping Beauty/ History you would love to know if you don't already!

Thanks for the review! some of my family members watched it and they say it's an awesome documentary. Now I really have to watch it now!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Re: Waking Sleeping Beauty/ History you would love to know if you don't already!

Wow! Thank you so much for posting this. Great stuff.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I saw it a couple months ago. It's a really good documentary about the 'Golden Age' of Disney. What I like most though is that it doesn't portray everything as 'roses and candy drops'. There some akward moments and stories where you're like "OMG...wow!".
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Infinitized!

I watched it for the first time last week. Very good documentary. I highly recommend it to all Micechatters.

Walt & El Grupo was very good as well. I still have yet to watch The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story, which I also have in my DVD library.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Sounds great, I will try to see it if I can. But I have one question for the poster: Why did you post it here when you could have posted it on the movie or product forums on micechat? (no offence of course. If it affects WDW, fine.)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• happiest bride on earth

I've been wanting to watch this for months now! I just haven't had a chance to make it out to the movie rental store, and it's not on the "instant play" Netflix has on my Wii.....
    Well, now I will definitely have to find this movie! Thanks
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Great Movie one of the best Disney Documentaries out there. Also if you have Netficks go look for the like 4 other Documentaries on the Instant Streaming like Frank and Ollie, The Boys, The Pixar Story and El Groupo

• happiest bride on earth

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Great Movie one of the best Disney Documentaries out there. Also if you have Netficks go look for the like 4 other Documentaries on the Instant Streaming like Frank and Ollie, The Boys, The Pixar Story and El Groupo
    Yes, I just watched "The Pixar Story." Really good stuff!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney