• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

L.A. Times festival w/ 'Dick Tracy' and FREE 'The Incredibles' & 'Cars 2' sneak peek

Fourteen-time Oscar nominee Warren Beatty – the very definition of the Hollywood hyphenate as world-famous leading man, an acclaimed director and an elite producer — will be the opening-night guest for the 2011 Hero Complex Film Festival to celebrate his 1990 hit “Dick Tracy“ and talk about the film future of a square-jawed character who is celebrating his 80th anniversary as an iconic crime-fighter in American pop culture.

Beatty directed “Dick Tracy,” which was nominated for seven Academy Awards and won three. He also starred as the title character, leading a stellar cast that included Al Pacino, Madonna, Dustin Hoffman, Glenne Headly, Charlie Korsmo, Mandy Patinkin, Dick Van Dyke, William Forsythe, Kathy Bates, Charles Durning, James Caan, Paul Sorvino and Catherine O’Hara. The legacy of the film and Beatty’s aspirations for the property have been back in the news, which will be part of the onstage discussion following the screening of the film.
    Tickets are now on sale for the Hero Complex Film Festival, which runs June 9-12 at The Chinese 6 Theatre in Hollywood (the venue previously known as Mann Chinese 6). Los Angeles Times staff writer Geoff Boucher, the creator and lead writer of the award-winning Hero Complex website, will conduct the onstage interviews.

Warren Beatty and ‘Dick Tracy’ will open 2011 Hero Complex Film Festival | Hero Complex – Los Angeles Times

The festival will also feature a free weekend matinee of “The Incredibles,” after which select footage from this summer’s action-packed comedy “Cars 2” will be shown and attendees will get to chat with supervising animator Dave Mullins about the making of the film.
    http://micechat.com/forums/movies/15...atty-wins.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: L.A. Times festival w/ 'Dick Tracy' and FREE 'The Incredibles' & 'Cars 2' sneak p

June 9:
    On opening night it’s a screening of “Dick Tracy” and an on-stage conversation with 14-time Oscar nominee Warren Beatty, who will talk about his plans to revive the character in a new feature film with a young star in the role he himself made famous. There will also be some Dick Tracy trivia and prizes.

PLUS 15% discount today only for single day festival tix!

LOS ANGELES TIMES HERO COMPLEX FILM FESTIVAL 2011 - Eventbrite
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: L.A. Times festival w/ 'Dick Tracy' and FREE 'The Incredibles' & 'Cars 2' sneak p

Why is all the cool stuff happening right now????

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

^ Yeah, I know. LOL. I saw ALIASd's post yesterday but I couldn't get there in time after work so I passed on the deal. Like The Rocketeer, this is another one that I hope means we'll see it on Blu-ray sooner than later. Or should I have said "sooner or later"?