Disney Studio's involvement with the war effort in the 1940s

In honor of the upcoming Memorial Day celebrations and events, I thought I'd post some links to great websites concerning Walt Disney's partnership with the Federal Government in creating propaganda for the war effort. The Studio cranked out cartoons, military training films, military emblems and insignias, posters, and more to rally Americans to support the war effort. Several Studio personnel enlisted, as well. And don't forget that US troops moved into the Studio and used it as a base while they protected the Lockheed Plant.
    I'm proud of our troops, past and present. I'm even more thankful for them and the never-ending battle they fight every day so that we can live in the greatest country in the world (regardless of political affiliation, etc).
    I hope you find these links informative and enlightening...

Disney Goes to War

Toons at war: Walt Disney Studios propaganda during World War II | Suite101.com

The Walt Disney Family Museum

Walt Disney's World War II propaganda production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Disney Studio's involvement with the war effort in the 1940s

I just found your thread, LJ65. Good reminder for Memorial Day. Wish I'd thought of it, I own the DVD On the Front Lines, one of the Walt Disney Treasures tin releases. Very interesting and enlightening material that documents everything you bring up and places a unique perspective on the Walt Disney Company during that time. That would've been nice to revisit for the weekend. I'm sure some of the material presented on the DVD is on You Tube too. Here's a link to a review of the DVD.

Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney on the Front Lines DVD Review - Page 1 of 2