• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Congrats to Jen & Ben: It's A Girl!

Affleck, Garner--and Baby By Joal Ryan 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's new favorite color: Violet.

The shade of purple also happens to be the name of the baby girl born to Garner, E! News has learned. The child made her debut at a Los Angeles hospital after labor was induced Wednesday night, Us Weekly reported Thursday.

"Ben was with her the entire time," a source told the magazine.

The child is the first for both. Affleck, 33, and Garner, 34, wed June 29, almost two months after their expectant news was leaked.

In completing her labor day, Garner beats her prime-time alter ego to the nursery. Sydney Bristow, the Alias secret agent that made Garner a star, also is with child. Producers of the ABC spy series wrote in the pregnancy after Garner's was confirmed.

Alias was canceled last week by ABC. It'll finish its fifth and final season in May, after a previously scheduled eight-week-long maternity leave of sorts starting in January.

TV show or no, Garner's plate is full. In addition to the baby, she has a new movie, Catch and Release, due out next year. It's her first shot at headlining a real-people drama (from Erin Brockovich writer Susannah Grant) as opposed to a fantasy comedy (13 Going on 30) or a superhero adventure (Elektra).

Meanwhile, no bad reviews are good reviews for Father Affleck, who will not appear on the big screen in 2005--the first time that's happened since 1994. While it might seem as if romance, marriage and pregnancy has kept the actor otherwise occupied, he might have as many as three films out next year, including Truth, Justice and the American Way, about the 1959 death of TV Superman George Reeves.

Before marrying Garner, Affleck endured the worst box office and worst publicity of his career. When he wasn't making headlines for his overexposed, and eventually scuttled, engagement to Jennifer Lopez, he was launching dud (Gigli) after dud (Paycheck) after dud (Jersey Girl) after dud (Surviving Christmas).

Affleck and Garner met on the set of 2003's Daredevil--he was the titular hero; she was Elektra. The two began dating in 2004, after Affleck had moved on from Lopez, and after Garner had moved on from Alias costar Michael Vartan and first-husband Scott Foley.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• love my friends

Re: Congrats to Jen & Ben: It's A Girl!

I didnt think she was due yet.. (kept thinking it wasnt for another couple of months)

Friends for life

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^I remember seeing them both in Pearl Harbor prior to Daredevil...
    anyway, guess this was a real TV faux pas: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ennifer+garner
    Last edited by ALIASd; 12-01-2005 at 03:25 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Cute name!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• meganmegaphone

Aweee! I love her! I bet the baby's as cute a a button..er Violet too

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Thank God the kid has a normal name. I'm tired of celebrities giving their children freakish names. Apple, anyone?

• Give Peace a Chance

How cool! Congrats to the new parents!
    Now if only another station would pick up Alias!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Infinitized!

I thought they were going to name the baby Matt Damon.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^2nd choice after Kevin Smith.

Speaking of...here's from view askew:
    News Askew would like to congratulate long-time View Askew favorite Ben Affleck on the birth of his first child! Affleck and wife Jennifer Garner welcomed their new daughter Violent into the world sometime late last night or early this morning. Sincerest congratulations to both parents! Many stories are sure to follow, all of which we're not going to run here, though IMDB reports with a smaller blurb, indicating Garner will go back to work on the final season of Alias after an 8 week maternity leave. It's also being reported that Affleck was by her side during the entire birth:
    • Jennifer Garner has a new alias now -- mommy. Us Weekly has reported that the Emmy-nominated actress, also known as Mrs. Ben Affleck, has given birth to a baby daughter in Los Angeles. According to the magazine, Garner had labor induced on Wednesday night (her official due date was December 8), and at press time it was unclear whether the official birthday was November 30 or December 1. What is known is that Affleck was by his wife's side during the entire procedure, and according to the magazine, the little girl's name will be Violet. The Daredevil co-stars, who didn't start dating until each had ended publicity-friendly previous relationships (his with Jennifer Lopez, hers with Michael Vartan), were married earlier this year on June 29. After an eight-week maternity leave, Garner is expected to go back to work on her TV spy drama Alias, which will be ending its five-year run in May.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 12-01-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    Thank God the kid has a normal name. I'm tired of celebrities giving their children freakish names. Apple, anyone?
    I couldn't agree more about normal names. I quite like Violet..I have to say
    Jason Lee's kid named Pilot Inspektor is much worse than Apple though.

• Huh?

Gotta say... the best weird celebrity child name has gotta be Kevin Smith's daughter, Harley Quinn Smith. He is such a comic book geek...
    -Tim

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    Agreed 100%. Violet is a very pretty name.

I'm not a big Ben fan but I love Jen. For once I guess he has good taste in women.

I found it funny that all articles stated that Ben was by her side the entire time.

I should freakin' hope so. If he doesn't want to be by her side I will take his place.