• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

LOST girls under the influence

Lost Stars Busted for DUI
    Thursday Dec 01, 2005 11:15pm EST
    By Ken Lee
    CREDIT: SARA DE BOER / RETNA

Lost stars Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested Wednesday night for driving under the influence of alcohol, PEOPLE has learned.

Rodriguez, 27, who plays Ana Lucia, and Watros, 37, who plays Libby, were arrested for DUI on the island of Oahu in Hawaii where the show is filming its second season.

"They were arrested just before midnight without incident, and both women were driving their own vehicles," Capt. Frank Fujii of the Honolulu Police Department tells PEOPLE. No other details of the arrest were available.

The actresses both posted bail early the next morning, according a police source. Representatives of both actresses and the show had no comment.

This wouldn't be the first driving-related mishap for Rodriguez, who last year pleaded no contest to three misdemeanors (a hit and run, driving with a suspended license, and driving under the influence) stemming from two 2003 auto incidents in L.A. She was sentenced to 48 hours in jail, community service and treatment in a 30-day alcohol program.

Formal charges are expected to be filed against both Rodriguez and Watros on Dec. 29 at the Kaneohe District Court.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: LOST girls under the influence

Must be the night for DUI's :P This is the 2nd group of 2 I've heard about.
    Kinda sad...you know darn well they have the money for a taxi..just not the smarts I guess.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: LOST girls under the influence

Here's my former favorite Michelle arrest thus far:

Michelle Rodriguez puts up her dukes
    By Guylaine Cadorette|Wednesday, March 20, 2002

HOLLYWOOD - Michelle Rodriguez's tough-girl image apparently isn't an act.
    The 23-year-old actress was charged with simple assault and making terroristic threats following a brawl at her Jersey City Heights, N.J., home. She was later released on $2,500 bail.

According to The Jersey Journal, Rodriguez was arraigned in a Jersey City court Tuesday and entered a plea of not guilty. The terroristic threat charge was reduced to harassment, and the actress is expected to appear in court April 3.

Police were called to Rodriguez's home at about 6 p.m. on Saturday night where an unidentified 22-year-old woman told officers Rodriguez attacked her while she was lying in bed and talking on the phone.

The alleged victim then told police that Rodriguez disconnected the phone and started pulling her hair. When she attempted to leave the apartment, she said Rodriguez blocked the exit and that she had to bite the actress' arm in order to get out.

The brawl then spilled out onto the street, where Rodriguez apparently punched the woman in the eye and continued to pull her hair.

The woman refused medical treatment for her swollen eye and a cut and didn't want to file a temporary restraining order, a police officer said.

Meanwhile, Rodriguez was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center after she complained of pain in her right arm from the bite.

It is not clear exactly who the victim is and what her relationship is to Rodriguez.

A neighbor who saw the fight and the arrest told The Jersey Journal the women started arguing in a yellow pickup truck down the block and continued to fight loudly as they entered the house.

"There was screaming, and you could hear banging, and someone was hollering, 'Let go of my hair!'" he told the paper. "It was like watching COPS on TV."
    Rodriguez became known in the indie world when she portrayed a boxer in Girlfight in 2000. She later starred in last summer's runaway hit The Fast And The Furious and is currently starring alongside Milla Jovovich in the sci-fi thriller Resident Evil.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Again! Again! Again!

Thumbs down LOST DUI's (merged)

So, OOPS!! Just heard on the news that Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested for drunk driving in Hawai'i. OOPS.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: LOST DUI's (merged)

Crap, and I totally looked to see if it was posted! Musta missed it. My bad!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^ I said the exact same thing to a CHP officer one time about a NO RIGHT TURN ON RED sign...!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

brainless.....absolutly brainless.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

the latest:
    This isn't the first driving-related mishap for Rodriguez, who last year pleaded no contest to three misdemeanors (a hit and run, driving with a suspended license, and driving under the influence) stemming from two 2003 incidents in L.A. She was sentenced to probation and treatment in a 30-day alcohol program.

On Friday, a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Attorney's office confirmed that it will be reviewing whether Rodriguez has violated the terms of her 36-month probation.

"We always take DUI matters seriously," said spokesman Frank Mateljan. "It's always disappointing to see someone, especially a rising star on a hit show, to allegedly fall back on these patterns. We'll be giving this case a good look."

Mateljan said his office is awaiting details of the arrest from the Honolulu Police Department.

If found in violation on her three previous counts, Rodriguez faces a maximum of 18 months in an L.A. County Jail.