• Bangarang!

The Muppets full trailer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: The Muppets full trailer

Saw this morning. So many references to the Muppet Show it made me so excited for this movie. The arches alone are enough to get excited about!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Saw this morning. So many references to the Muppet Show it made me so excited for this movie. The arches alone are enough to get excited about!
    yessss!!! the arches made me go "omg!! classic!!"

• Minion

"It's time to play the music"
    "It's time to light the lights"
    "It's time to meet the music"

yes! I'm so glad this one finally came out
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Can't wait. So many of the characters that we don't see very often. Awesome.

Does it seem that maybe they are digitally removing the rods that control the arms? I was noticing on the last shot where Miss Piggy says "Ow that Hurt" you can't see how the arm is being controlled. Special effects have come a long way, even since 'Muppets from Space' and I am looking forward to seeing what they can do now that it's easier to remove the puppeteers.

• Shablagoo!

I loved the trailer until "We Built This City" came on. Worst song in the history of music, ever.

Ok maybe "Friday" is worse.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I really like the Muppets and I'm hoping its good the Trailer look ok....but nothing made me laugh or get me excited like the Winnie the Pooh Trailer did...but I'll see it no matter what

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Spoiler
    I believe the plot is about them saving the theater that was the home of The Muppet Show.

• Banned User

Slashfilm (On Set Interview: Jason Segel Talks an on set opportunity interview...

Question: Was there any lesser-known Muppets you tried to get in the movie?
    Jason Segel: Weíre bringing out a lot of Muppets from the archives. A lot of the guys from the old Muppet Show, some of the kind of obscure performances make appearances, which Iím really excited about. I canít give too many away, but yeah, thereís some old favorites of mine. Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones appear. I donít know if you know who they are, but thereís some really cool weird ones.

Question: It seems like the older Muppet films were more geared towards adults, where the newer ones are focused more for children. Can you talk about how this film places in the series?
    Jason: Weíre trying to hearken back to the original three Muppet moviesóThe Muppet Movie, Muppets Take Manhattan, and The Great Muppet Caper. I think that one of the things the original Muppet movies did amazingly well, and itís what Pixar does really well now, is that they donít condescend to children by feeling like they have to dumb things down to the lowest common denominator. And when you donít do that, you get a family film in its truest sense. And entire family can sit and watch and enjoy it. The worst equivalent is Barney the dinosaur, where parents are having to sit there while their kids watch this, and the parents want to blow their brains out.

This, I think, is going to be the exact opposite. I think parents are going to be laughing as hard as kids are going to be laughing. We have jokes geared towards children. We have jokes that are geared specifically towards adults that would go right over a kidís head. Itís a lot like what The Simpsons does, as well. Thereís something very special about the whole family being able to sit down and enjoy something together. That was our goal.

Question: How important was the music to you in this film, given that it played such a large part in some of the earlier movies, and your natural inclination as a musician?
    Jason: We knew it was going to be musical from the start. All the great Muppet movies are musicals. When you look back at the great lineage of Muppet music, things like Rainbow Connection, thatís not a joke of a song. That is a serious song. If a legitimate musician put that song out theyíd win the Grammy. So we really wanted the music to be great. James Bobin was the perfect choice for this movie because heís been doing Flight of the Concords and it almost seems like heís been training for this. Then we brought on Brett. It was just a perfect union of their styles and the Muppet styles. So I think weíre in really good shape.

Question: Is there a lot of jokes referencing that The Muppets are in a movie?
    Jason: Yeah, thereís some self-aware humor. In the original script thereís a lot more. We realized you only need a few of those moments to get that joke. But yeah, weíve got all of the original style of Muppet humor. James is a great student of comedy and of the Muppets. And Nick and I were tremendous fans. So we just tried to pay homage to some of that amazing work.

Question: Is there a period of adjustment getting your sense of humor and the Muppet team together, finding a balance?
    Jason: No. I think maybe there was a moment of weariness that I was doing this with a sense of irony, that there was a wink, wink about it. ďOh, cute, R rated Jason Siegel is now going to do the Muppets and make fun of it.Ē I think as soon as everyone arrived on set and saw that wasnít the case, that this was coming from a very genuine place, we were all on the same team very, very quickly. We all share a love of the Muppets, certainly, but also a love of comedy. Itís funny. Itís really easy to dismissÖpart of the illusion of the puppetry is that you donít see the puppeteer. So you forget that these are amazingly talented people that are not only puppeteers, but theyíre actors, and theyíre singers, and theyíre great comedians in their own right. So itís been an honor to work with this group.

Question: Is there an improv aspect?
    Jason: There is, surprisingly. I did not expect that for a minute. But some of the best linesÖI mean these guys know the characters so much better than I could ever hope to. I can imagine what I think the character might say, but these guys have been playing them for 10, sometimes 20, 30 years. I wish you guys were over there so you could see how a kid reacts to those puppets. Itís one of the most beautiful things youíve ever seen. The puppeteer just instantly disappears. You watch a childÖyou can see the guy standing there with a puppet on his hand and heís talking, and the kid is looking directly at the puppet. Every time it happens it reminds me of why I wanted to do the movie. Itís a truly beautiful thing.

Question: Is it a challenge to act opposite puppets?
    Jason: It didnít take long before youíre looking right at the Puppet. I have a bit of a challenge as the puppeteers need monitors so they can see whatís going on, because puppets donít have working eyes; theyíre puppets. So theyíre working off of monitors. But a lot of times we can see the monitor, so we can watch ourselves act. My acting is mesmerizingÖ
    [laughter]
    So a lot of times I find myself just watching myself act when I should not be doing that.

Question: Have you actually worked the puppets?
    Jason: Yeah, I just operated Fozzie about a minute ago. Iíve done Fozzie, Iíve done Dr. Teeth, and Iíve done Beaker so far. Itís been amazing. That is what knocks your socks off. This is going to sound different than how I mean it, but my hand is inside FozzieÖ
    [laughter]
    Thatís amazing! I never thought that would happen!

Question: We know that youíre a big Muppets fan, theoretically speaking, are you going to take anything home after the shoot ends?
    Jason: I really want a lot of stuff that I see around here. Theyíre very protective, certainly, over the puppets. But Iíve gotten a few bits of paraphernalia that Iíll save and treasure forever, and some really special photographs. Itís like me with Kermit shooting the breeze. Thatís the greatest picture Iíve ever seen. I love it.
    Continue Reading The Jason Segel Interview >>

• let's talk Disney, okay!

SOOOOOO EXCITTTEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

And thanks JMora for the interview! Loved it!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post

Does it seem that maybe they are digitally removing the rods that control the arms? I was noticing on the last shot where Miss Piggy says "Ow that Hurt" you can't see how the arm is being controlled. Special effects have come a long way, even since 'Muppets from Space' and I am looking forward to seeing what they can do now that it's easier to remove the puppeteers.
    Yeah I think Muppets Treasure island introduced the idea and Muppets from space was the first movie to completely remove them later in computers.

According to the company it gives the puppeteers more free reign with the Muppets
    -Luke

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Can't wait. So many of the characters that we don't see very often. Awesome.

Actually, they have been removing arm rods as far back as muppet Christmas carol.....obviously they have been doing a good job!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Spoiler
    I believe the plot is about them saving the theater that was the home of The Muppet Show.
    That is true, but seeing the arches is something that I don't think we've ever seen outside the Muppet Show. Even It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, which has a similar plot, doesn't reference the arches.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!