• Still lost in Neverland

Superman In IMAX/Harry Potter GOF

Went to see Harry Potter GOF last night at the Universal Theater IMAX Theater. The showed the trailer for Superman and said it would be released in IMAX. The sound was incredible and that big screen just makes it look so cool.

Harry Potter GOF in IMAX is amazing. Just a crystal clear image that is so big you see lots of things missed on the regular sized theater screen. I did notice that one of the things they left out of this movie was Harry giving the twins money to set up their Joke Shop. I wonder how they will explain the twins not being at Hogwarts in the next movie as they were kicked out in GOF. They are very popular with the movie fans so to just drop them would upset a lot of people. And they are the ones who leave the trick candy behind at the Weasley's so Dudley gets a big swollen tongue. I really hope they do not cut the Dursleys in the next move as watching the Weasley's come through the fireplace would be very funny.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Superman In IMAX/Harry Potter GOF

They took out all references to prize money, I believe. Weasley twins probably made out well enough in their bookie enterprise to justify creating joke products.

The Weasleys showed up via floo network in Book 4. The OotP pick him up in Book 5 after the Dementor attack and subsequent owl posts.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• My cuties!

So does anyone know what was cut in the IMAX version?

• Still lost in Neverland

Apparently nothing was cut. When the movie was originally previewed the running time was 2hrs 58min but after the previews and the decision to run in IMAX both film versions were cut to 2hrs 30min. This time presents no probelm for IMAX. I am sure when the DVD comes out they will have all the cut scenes included as extras.

I am hoping that after all 7 movies are done and all are released on DVD that there will be a deluxe boxed set of all 7 monies in extened format. In other words all the cut scenes put back where they belong. They have done this on ABC now for the first two movies, advertising them as versions that were never shown in theaters. All they did was put back in the deleted scenes.

I get the books mixed up all the time as I have read some only once and others twice and of course the movies change things so it all gets confusing when they leave stuff out of the movies. Drat. I was hoping to see that Firplace Foo business with the Weasley's.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The two women of my life

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    So does anyone know what was cut in the IMAX version?
    I went to a standard theater for the midnight showing. Then to the Imax a few days later. I didn't notice anythiong being cut from the Imax version.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!