• Banned User

Footloose (2011)

The original film was one lousy film, so a second time around on the dance floor? It's from pop to hip-hop.

Why didn't Miley Cyrus go for the title female role? She seemed perfect for this trashy film, lol

• Minion

Re: Footloose (2011)

WTF? A) what happened to them looking at Zac Efron to play Ren? B) Hip Hop... really, did they really need to change the great music from the original. The song Footloose better be in this movie.

---------- Post added 06-22-2011 at 01:02 AM ----------

I figured out why there is hip hop... MTV is involved in making the movie (I can't say the word that comes to mind on these forums)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I figured out why there is hip hop... MTV is involved in making the movie (I can't say the word that comes to mind on these forums)
    What word might that be?

Oh, by the way, the trailer video was removed by the user.

Here ya go:

I only hear one generic hip hop tune in this trailer. The rest is just standard modern rock/pop. I even hear a modern version of "Footloose" at the beginning. So all the teeth-gnashing and the hand-wringing can cease.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    What word might that be?

Oh, by the way, the trailer video was removed by the user.

Here ya go:

I only hear one generic hip hop tune in this trailer. The rest is just standard modern rock/pop. I even hear a modern version of "Footloose" at the beginning. So all the teeth-gnashing and the hand-wringing can cease.
    My ears don't like the modern version of Footloose, it doesn't have energy like the original song.

• Minion

Kenny Loggins' Footloose is the only good version of the song... period. And that word started with an F
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    WTF? A) what happened to them looking at Zac Efron to play Ren? B) Hip Hop... really, did they really need to change the great music from the original. The song Footloose better be in this movie.

---------- Post added 06-22-2011 at 01:02 AM ----------

He left when this project was in limbo (article dated March 2009)...
    Zac Efron's exit leaves Footloose revival in limbo

So Zac Efron does want to have an actual career. The actor has dropped out of Paramount’s revival of Footloose, the future of which is now uncertain.

Footloose
    , of course, was first an ’80s vehicle for Kevin Bacon, and Efron’s agents apparently realized that hip-shaking is no longer the radical act of sexual resistance it once was (you need fangs for that kind of thing now). Since the entire project was predicated on the tween success Efron has has with the High School Musical movies, it’s no longer clear if Paramount will go ahead with the movie.

Still, the studio said, Efron’s High School Musical director Kenny Ortega remains attached to the movie, so who knows? Efron will co-star in 17 Again next month, and he also has a part in Richard Linklater's Me and Orson Welles (pictured), which still lacks an American distributor.
    Zac Efron's exit leaves Footloose revival in limbo :: Movies :: News :: Paste

• Workin to live,lovin life

Unless this movie has the main actor doing totally out of place gymnastics while being replaced by a double that has a completely different build, I'm not watching this.

But seriously, the original was one of those so-terrible-it's-fun movies.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Just watching the preview and it looks to be the exact remake of the original sans Kevin Bacon. I'm already giving it a thumbs down.

I really wonder why it's necessary to do a remake of a perfectly fine (yet dated) 80's movie. I loved Footloose and even have it on DVD (helps that I have a crush on Kevin Bacon). But this rehash just looks lame. I'm sure there are still possibly small rural towns but with access to the internet, Ipods & cell phones would kids not be able to listen to music and dance?? It was unbelievable in the 80s and completely unbelievable in 2011

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo View Post
    Just watching the preview and it looks to be the exact remake of the original sans Kevin Bacon. I'm already giving it a thumbs down.

I really wonder why it's necessary to do a remake of a perfectly fine (yet dated) 80's movie. I loved Footloose and even have it on DVD (helps that I have a crush on Kevin Bacon). But this rehash just looks lame. I'm sure there are still possibly small rural towns but with access to the internet, Ipods & cell phones would kids not be able to listen to music and dance?? It was unbelievable in the 80s and completely unbelievable in 2011
    I think it is still supposed to take place in the 80s
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• keh!

why?

• Minion

They seem to have gotten a few things right, but Footloose is as much about the music as it is anything else. So while they might get things like the car and train depot right, if the music isn't right, the whole movie won't work.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th