Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Early Warning Signs For PIXAR's Cars 2

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    We tend to think that if we thought something is <insert critique here> then everyone else must find it the same. Look how many people here voice disdain for DIsney Dance Crew. Yet the seats are almost always filled, even on nonbusy days. And the kids love it. Yet, because we don't like it, we expect DCA to remove it. That type of thinking is silly, even though I'm guilty of thinking that way myself.

Haha well with Disney Dance Crew, I tend to think that most families don't know what they're getting into and most don't know to visit a site to find out what it's all about either. They're there with kids and there's a show... they'll sit down. There's no "rotten tomatoes" for Disney shows and attractions!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I understand what you mean. But Pixar films have a way of improving with age. At least that's what happened to me with the first CARS movie and even UP.
    Concur - Up took two viewings for me to appreciate a bit more. I liked the incredibles early, but I've heard others say the same about that film too.

I've yet to be able to make it through wall-e though. Haven't been able to keep myself engaged enough to watch the whole film. Die off in the first half hour.

For me.. in cars all I need to see is that opening sequence. The visuals in that are just stunning and so lovable to a car guy like me. Plus, the stereotypical ricer cars in the following sequence are a laugh too.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Despite the holiday weekend and no new direct competition, Cars 2 fell 62% in its second weekend, the worst 2nd week drop for a Pixar movie ever. It's 10 day total is now slightly behind that of the original Cars...ouch.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Despite the holiday weekend and no new direct competition, Cars 2 fell 62% in its second weekend, the worst 2nd week drop for a Pixar movie ever. It's 10 day total is now slightly behind that of the original Cars...ouch.
    You don't call Transformers 3 direct competition? Despite the PG-13, that's the movie a lot of young boys are clamoring for.

And don't forget.. Pixar's audience has always been all ages. Transformers 3 will also pull the older demographic away from Cars 2.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Haha well with Disney Dance Crew, I tend to think that most families don't know what they're getting into and most don't know to visit a site to find out what it's all about either. They're there with kids and there's a show... they'll sit down. There's no "rotten tomatoes" for Disney shows and attractions!
    Well...let's get to it!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Hukuna Matata!

[QUOTE=flynnibus;1056569665]For me.. in cars all I need to see is that opening sequence. The visuals in that are just stunning and so lovable to a car guy like me. Plus, the stereotypical ricer cars in the following sequence are a laugh too.[/QUOTE

I Agree!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    'Transformers 3' cast a huge worldwide shadow and yet:
    Disney notes that so far, the Cars sequel has played about 35% of the international market and is outpacing in the same territories such previous Pixar outings as the 2006 Cars original by 123%, 2007’s Ratatouille by 67% and 2009’s Up by 57%.

The biggest markets are Mexico (cume $16.4 million), Russia ($15.6 million), Brazil ($11.8 million) and Italy ($10.2 million).

Openings in nine markets including Argentina and Spain are on tap this week.
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1554...post1056570222
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• DLR Cast Member

Haha well with Disney Dance Crew, I tend to think that most families don't know what they're getting into and most don't know to visit a site to find out what it's all about either. They're there with kids and there's a show... they'll sit down.
    Based on not just the positive reaction from spectators, but also from the surveys those parkgoers take during their visit, DDC is generally well received as far as show offerings go.
    There's no "rotten tomatoes" for Disney shows and attractions!
    Actually, there is. It's the exit surveys that the parks do. So, folks, if you truly want your opinion known by the Disneyland Resort, don't brush off the park research people when they approach you. Stop and take the survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    "CARS 2' box office race
    After just 2 weeks in theaters, Cars 2 has made over $220 million! If those numbers indicate illness, may I be smitten with such an illness, and may I never recover!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678