View Poll Results: What did you think of Cars 2?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 Tires - Excellent, this movie fired on all cylinders

13 26.53%
  • 3 Tires - Fun Movie but could have used a tune-up

21 42.86%
  • 2 Tires - Had a couple of flats

7 14.29%
  • 1 Tire - Send out the Tow Truck (and not Mater)

6 12.24%
  • 0 Tires - This was a complete wreck

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Cars 2: MiceChat Reviews

Post your reviews and thoughts about Pixars newest movie Cars 2 here.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Cars 2: MiceChat Reviews

Haha well played!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Saw it (twice), enjoyed it as the pure fun, action-adventure summer entertainment that it is. The studio decided to add the international spy genre this time around and it mostly works. While the first saluted vintage Americana with warm & simple charm the sequel expands globally with a much larger reach that I think will be embraced overseas enthusiastically.

BTW - the program at the El Captain Theatre is:

'The Muppets' trailer
    'Brave' 1st teaser trailer GORGEOUS!
    Toy Story Toons 'Hawaiian Vacation'
    'CARS 2'
    followed by the post-show Hollywood High School-based attractions, my nieces and nephew had a ball!

AND the Pixar ball(s) are $5 in the Auto Shop near the entrance
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

LOVED it!!! Awesome job, as always, Pixar!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Haha well played!
    I always like to have fun with these.

• Goofy

the toy story scene was great. i loved that part. maybe someday, they will make another toy story 4.

cars 2 was very enjoyable movie. its good for what it is.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

In my review for Cars 2, I have to admit that I was very disappointed by this movie. I couldn't help but be reminded of "Rango" when Mater was having his revelation about himself that is unfortunate, only to make up for it. I also felt that the humor felt flat for me, in which I only laughed twice and I mean only TWICE for the entire movie. The animation is superb, but the story was very generic and even though well played, this was nonetheless a disappointment.

My grade: C-

• Infinitized!

I haven't seen it yet, but I will when I'm settled down in Calgary at the end of next week. I got a couple of free tickets from the Cars and Incredibles blu-rays. When the first Cars came out, I actually didn't go see it in the theater - I guess because I'm not big into cars in real life in general. However, I did see it after on DVD and loved it. I think it's maybe my 3rd or 4th favourite Pixar, After WALL-E (in 1st place) and Ratatouille (not sure what to rank after).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

NNL and I saw it today. Definitely not a 33% rating, it isn't that bad, but it definitely is (arguably) one of Pixar's weakest efforts. I think part of it is Pixar, a company built on heart and emotional story telling has given us their attempt at a typical summer blockbuster, while many people expect more from them, and secondly, if you don't like Mater, you aren't going to like this movie. However, though Mater isn't my favorite, I did think the movie was a lot better than what I was expecting going in (and for the record, there were only about 10 people in the theater!).

The Toy Story short was very cute however, and Brave looks like (hopefully) Pixar will be back on track next year.

I would say 2 and a half - 3 stars from me.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Least favorite Cars film by far. Big time meh, and just when Pixar started showing a lot of heart they release 007 computer animated.

I thought it was fun for what it was, a popcorn movie. I did get a kick out of the small roles by Sig Hansen and Bruce Campbell. Its not going to be one of the best Pixar films, but I had a fun time. It is still better than a lot of the animated films being released. The showing I saw had trailers for Happy Feet 2 and Puss in Boots, and I was glad I was seeing a Pixar film.

• Hukuna Matata!

Ok I rated this film 4 tires.

NOW! I had to keep in mind that the first Cars was such a good movie, I went into the film knowing that it wouldnt be the same as the first. The first is an instant classic, The second movie was great, Just imagine how hard it is to make a sequel to a great film such as that, they did a great job. It was fun, and I would go see a third movie if they make another one. Its funny but in the first movie Lightning was the star and really Mater is the star in this one, I didint mind it, I mean I would of liked a little more LM but I feel that there are more movies to come.
    Its fresh and its hard to have a fresh sequel so Im proud of em. I have one beef and one beef only, I am not going to say what they Doc with Doc Hudsons characture as everyone knows Doc was played by The late great Paul Newman. I feel that more explanation about doc could have been given, but my beef is at the end of the movie during the credits they did a rip for two people neither one being Paul Newman, I had to verify that it was paul newman that played doc and I was right but no rest in peace in the end. Didint get it.

Kids will love it, and parents alike. Will it sell out shirts in the walmarts and continue the craze of the first I dunno but I liked it.
    And I say see it now or on dvd just see it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Ok I rated this film 4 tires.

I have one beef and one beef only, I am not going to say what they Doc with Doc Hudsons characture as everyone knows Doc was played by The late great Paul Newman. I feel that more explanation about doc could have been given, but my beef is at the end of the movie during the credits they did a rip for two people neither one being Paul Newman, I had to verify that it was paul newman that played doc and I was right but no rest in peace in the end. Didint get it.
    Don't forget George Carlin as Fillmore too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Very disappointed, this film lacked any of the charm and heart of the first film. The original Cars was filled with a wonderful sense of nostalgia and the loss of a bygone era when familes used to take summer roadtrips together to "stop and smell the roses." It was about the redemption of a high-octane, self obsessed car who learned the value of family and home. Cars is still one of my Pixar favorites.

Unfortunately Cars 2 lacks any of that. It is simply an extended version of "Mater's Tall Tales," which I love by the way, but not in a 90 minute dose. Sure there are some laughs, some beautiful animation and the voice acting is superb (Michael Caine and Bruce Campbell get a special nod), but Cars 2 completely lacks the spark of previous Pixar entries. There are no life lessons in this film. There's a brief thematic suggestion of "just being yourself," but ultimately Mater's dream, and Lightening's revelation about his friendship seems tacked on in the end.

Having said that it's still good entertainment and is still better than most of the stuff coming from other animation studios.

*** out of 5

Yancy
    Last edited by gallandro; 06-26-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: punctuation

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I knew before hand that this would be different and it was! I really enjoyed it, I didn't see it today in 3D, but I had no problem with it. WARING:
    Spoiler
    I really liked that Mater got a Girlfriend and Meeting "Toplino" too.
    This is a perfect summer flick and I hope to see it in 3D again really soon. I also did enjoy the Toy Story Short, "Hawaiian Vacation" and I hope that gets nominated for best animated short ; and Cars 2 for best animated feature. JUST SEE IT AND MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast