Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ring 2

The Ring 2

Okay.. I have to rant about this film.

I love Hideo Nakata. I've been collecting his films for years. When I first saw Ringu, I was thrilled with it. Scared the crap out of me. Ringu 2 was next, I found it very entertaining but not as strong as Ringu. I was so shocked and disappointed to hear that Ringu was being remade into an American version, The Ring. Still, I gave The Ring a chance, I watched the whole film. I couldn't make any connection with the film, there was nothing scary about it. I mean come on, how scary is it to see the little girl who does the voice for Lilo and Chihiro (from Spirited Away) looking like she hasn't had a bath in a week and is suffering from malnutrition? Oh yeah. I am scared. Scared that someone might actually have to comb that rats nest of a wig she was wearing.

Hiroshi Takahashi did the original screenplay for Ringu and Ringu 2. I am very skeptical as Hiroshi Takahashi and Hideo Nakata have teamed up again to do The Ring 2. I can't imagine them being able to do anything they really want to without having to modify their work to fit the American stereotypes and cookie cutter scenarios you see in typical American Horror.

I wish I could have optimism about this film.
    Last edited by AnotherPixie; 03-10-2005 at 11:25 PM.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    The Ring scared the you know what out of me!! :o

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Doing it with a flair

I haven't seen the Ring but what I heard from most of my friends was that it choose "gore" and "jump scenes" instead of actual psychological horror. I saw Ringu and loved it and I *might* see the Ring movies sometime but I'm in no rush.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• -Going Retro-

I can't even stand seeing the trailer. It's ALWAYS on early in the morning I'm half asleep and here comes The Ring 2 trailer SCARY!! but can't wait to see it

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I can't even stand seeing the trailer. It's ALWAYS on early in the morning I'm half asleep and here comes The Ring 2 trailer SCARY!! but can't wait to see it
    SCARY RING 2 COMMERCIAL'S ON ) Lord but we are pathetic

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

I can't stand the American version of Ringu, the only part that was enjoyable was when the horse leaped off the ferry boat thing. It just looked so silly and ignorant. [Someone call PETA on me!]

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    SCARY RING 2 COMMERCIAL'S ON (Lord but we are pathetic)
    I did give a little bit of a jump during the teaser trailer when I saw it in theaters. Right after the tv turns on and it gets really quiet then..... BAM:creepy Lilo.
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...

You want to see a good scary movie? Rent Kairo (Pulse) or the original Japanese Ju-on TV movies, Ju-on 2 the Japanese theatrical version, The Eye, Dark Water or Uzumaki. Once you watch these, the American version of The Ring will seem like Swiss cheese, full of holes and it stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Emelius_Browne
    I did give a little bit of a jump during the teaser trailer when I saw it in theaters. Right after the tv turns on and it gets really quiet then..... BAM:creepy Lilo.

I cracked up when I read this! I guess Samara won't be singing "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride". Darn. :devil:

• Doing it with a flair

How is The Eye? The concept sounds really interesting, it's on my list of movies to watch this summer.

How is The Eye? The concept sounds really interesting, it's on my list of movies to watch this summer.
    The Eye is awesome. Absoultely a must see flick. It's going to be hard to track it down though, I found it on VCD over 2 years ago. It's Chinese title is Jian gui. I love the Pang brothers, they directed it. Brilliant piece.

• Doing it with a flair

Wow. I usually have to troll around Japan and China town to find all my flicks. Then again, I usually get them before they become popular knowledge in America. Sad thing is, I heard that Tom Cruise bought the rights to have The Eye remade into an American version. Someone hand me a airline sick bag, barf.

• Minion

have any of you ever seen the film "Uzumaki"? Man, there was a lot of disturbing imagery in that one. Even though i'm not sure i'd consider the below screencap "scary" haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari to Kurai
    have any of you ever seen the film "Uzumaki"? Man, there was a lot of disturbing imagery in that one. Even though i'm not sure i'd consider the below screencap "scary" haha.
    That scene was pretty distrubing! Good screencap! I love Uzumaki! Let's hope Brad Pitt doesn't buy the rights to remake it. Okay, enough sarcasm for me tonight. I'm going to sleep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast