• Banned User

Prometheus (2012) [Alien 5]

If you have not heard, the man behind the original Alien is making a truly unique prequel. The film will star Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class), Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce, to name a few. The idea is truly original and it has to do with the that first alien ship that we saw in the original film.

Remember this guy...

... this huge alien race (nicknamed Space Jocky) as a link with us humans, and the humans are the one's who actually created this creature we all know and love...

... the Xenomorphs (pictured above).

Interesting. huh? This explains why they look humanoid. How so? Just wait to read the leaked plot, well the idea was by Ridley Scott and written Damon Lindelof &Jon Spaihts. The Hollywood Reporter reports that the director confirmed that Prometheus is the name of a ship (what we saw in the original Alien) “sent from earth by an all-powerful corporation of the kind familiar to fans of the Alien franchise,” and that the reference of a figure who stole fire from the gods is very deliberate.

Spoiler
    Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God’s home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods.

The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission. Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

Source: http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/viewt...?f=280&t=15104

I'm so in if this remains the solid idea. This is my favorite sci-fi franchises of all time, and I enjoyed each installment, and one can't deny that each film is unique, and all stand on there own. This addition will just add to that interesting space universe of ALIEN.

The film opens June 8, 2012.
    Last edited by JMora; 07-21-2011 at 09:27 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Prometheus (2012) [Alien 5]

aka Alien 5 film
    Production of ‘Prometheus’ Confirmed in Iceland

By Gig Patta on J
    July 11, 2011
    “Prometheus” Iceland film production is probably the worst kept secret.

As reported last week, it is officially confirmed the production of “Prometheus” has moved to Iceland for the next couple of weeks.

“If one is afraid of nature in this profession then it would be best to find a different job,” said director Ridley Scott to reporters in Reykjavik before travelling to Hekla.

Hekla is a stratovolcano and it is one of the most active volcanoes in the country. During the Middle Ages, Icelanders called the volcano the “Gateway to Hell.” Recent news reports indicated the volcano is ready to blow its top.

The scene will feature Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender. Actress Noomi Rapace was also mentioned to be filming at the Dettifoss waterfall, Europe’s most powerful by volume of water.
    Last week, it was also reported production will be at Iceland’s Stony Desert Highlands. You can read the article here.

According to Frettabladid, the Ishoot will cost several million Euros and involve over 160 Icelanders and 200 other visitors into the country.
    Scott confirmed that Iceland is not the primary landscape for Prometheus.
    “It will be 15 minutes in total, if all goes to plan. We are shooting the beginning of time,” he said.

The film stars Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce, Sean Harris, Kate Dickie and Logan Marshall-Green.

Here is the official synopsis:
    Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explores on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life’s ultimate mystery.
    “Prometheus” will be in theaters on June 8 next year.
    Check out some photos of the location below:
    Hekla

Dettifoss Waterfall

Source: News: Production of ?Prometheus? Confirmed in Iceland | Latino Review
    PS: A teaser trailer may be attached with Planet of the Apes this AUG.

---------- Post added 07-11-2011 at 03:58 PM ----------

the sets are being built...

A mini studio has already built the past few months over in Iceland, as seen here from the sky...

Ridley Scott: H.R. Giger is 'working on a major project' in 'Prometheus'

Filming moves to Iceland

Posted By Brad Brevet on Monday, July 11th 2011 at 11:18 AM

The set of Prometheus in Southern Iceland
    Photo: Morgunbladid

RidleyScott's film crew has set up shop in Iceland where they will be shooting portions of Prometheus and Icelandic newspaper Morgunbladid (via Alien Prequel News) had a chance to speak with Scott about the project and why he chose Iceland as a location for the shoot. He told the paper (translated via Google):
    "It is possible to get this environment elsewhere, such as the Mojave desert in California, but this place is more primitive and wild I think. Nature here has a certain character and I like the black rocks. It was a better option. Being here is fantastic, really fantastic. What I have found in this country is a gorgeous beauty. This is exactly what I wanted from the beginning."
    H.R. Giger, who designed the Alien in Scott's 1979 Alien as well as the Derelict and the Space Jockey, of which the central story for Prometheus is said to center, Scott spoke of the artist's involvement in Prometheus:
    "We had a good relationship with Giger for many years. We showed him the script for [Prometheus] and he liked it. He's going to work a bit for me with this movie and has been working on a major project that comes in the picture."
    The translation from Icelandic to English seems like it may be a bit off when Scott says "major project" which we could also assume means a major set piece or something closer along those lines, but I think the point is understood.

Prometheus is set for a June 8, 2012 release from director Ridley Scott (Alien). The film stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Sean Harris, Kate Dickie, Rafe Spall, Logan Marshall-Green , Guy Pearce and Ben Foster as it takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery. For more on the film and my previous coverage click here.

---------- Post added 07-11-2011 at 04:15 PM ----------

JUNE 8, 2012

---------- Post added 07-11-2011 at 04:51 PM ----------

Last edited by JMora; 07-11-2011 at 03:18 PM.

• Banned User

Comic-Con has kicked into full gear, and as expected 20th Century Fox presented...

A teaser image of what to expect when 20th Century Fox take over Hall H for their presentation.

More to come so stay tuned!

• Banned User

Prometheus footage was seen at Comic-Con

prometheus

First footage from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus made our space helmets explode!

Charlie Jane Anders — Ridley Scott is coming back to science fiction after a quarter century, and we've just seen our first glimpse of his new film Prometheus. The good news is, it's intense, sweaty, scary and beautiful — and intended to scare your pants off.
    Spoilers ahead...

Here in Comic-Con's Hall H, we saw a special featurette about Ridley Scott's new alien movie. The featurette starts with a medley of past Ridley Scott films, and then the title card, "RIDLEY SCOTT RETURNS TO THE GENRE HE REDEFINED, WITH AN ORIGINAL SCIENCE FICTION EPIC PROMETHEUS." At first, you see Ridley standing in a studio, and then in a big open space with weird ribs on the walls, and Scott says, "So here we are, I'm back again." He explains that it's a James Bond studio (Pinewood) and he could fit seven and a half jumbo jets in here.

And then the actual footage from the film starts, and its a huge flood of creeptastic imagery that recalls Alien but also a bit of 2001: A Space Odyssey. There are guys in pressure suits exploring an ancient chamber with weird hieroglyphs, and a guy in a spacesuit walking through a sliding door into a clean white chamber. And a guy (who might be Michael Fassbender) pulling a weird jelly-looking thing out of a canister. And as Ridley Scott's voiceover notes that things that may look small in the film will turn out to be important, there is a shot of a drop of blood on a finger. There is Charlize Theron on a table with bandages wrapped around her breasts, as though she's waking from hypersleep.

And then the footage gets faster and more furious, with a guy in a visor looking down at something, a woman in a suit walking into a red entryway, and a globe, and then Scott says, "The cast find an establishment which is not what they expected it to be, it's a civilization but what we find in it is very uncivilized behavior." And then there is insane carnage and people with goop inside their space helmets and someone shooting a flamethrower, and mayhem breaking loose in confined spaces. Meanwhile, Scott's voiceover is saying that there will be biomechanoids and the film will "break new ground." We see a giant pale planet with rings around it.

And then we see Charlize Theron doing pushups naked. Ridley Scott proises that there will be creatures that are "biomechanoid" which will be unique and "break new ground." Says Scott in the video, "There is a DNA of the original Alien, [but] that's as far as it goes, everything else is completely different. It's all about everything." And now the people in the footage are crying and screaming and freaking out and the video is flickering like an interrupted signal. And Scott concludes, "Of course, what i want to do is scare the living **** out of you."

Damon Lindelof, who was moderating the panel, talked about getting the call from Ridley Scott asking him to work on this movie, and the long process of the two of them sitting across the table from each other hashing out this movie. At first, the "$64,000 question" was whether this was an Alien prequel, but eventually they moved past that.

Theron came out on stage and talked about how the script had seemed really rough when she first came on board, and she worked with Scott and Lindelof to improve it. Theron plays Meredith Vickers in the film, and she described her character:
    She's very different from anything I've done. She's a suit, essentially. She's kind of the machine that runs the machine, that takes this mission into space. At first, she comes across like a suit, very cold and frigid, it seems that it's all about the economics for her — she doesn't really come from one side or the other, she's not a scientist or a believer. She runs a tight ship. But you can tell that she's going to be a problem. And then later... We had all kind of layered her and given her [hidden depths]. You think you know who she is [but she's an enigma]. Ridley started doing this interesting thing, where he would have me stand in corners and lurk all the time, and it wound up being really mysterious. In the third act, you really kind of strip her from her skin and see what her bones are about, and what she's really doing there.
    And then we were patched into Ridley Scott via live video feed — Scott is in Iceland, near a waterfall, where he's just been doing the final bit of filming for a sequence at the start of the movie.
    Scott explained why he stayed away from science fiction for 25 years:
    I was actually too busy doing other movies and exploring other genres, so frankly I never actually thought about science fiction until I realized there was something in the first Alien movie that nobody had ever asked the question about ... and I thought that could be the centerpiece of what we've just completed. That said, that is the only DNA loosely applied to the original Alien. We've gone in a different directions, but in the last few minutes of this movie you'll see what I'm talking about.
    And Scott hinted that "there may be two robots in Prometheus," not just the one android who's rumored to be in the film. He added: "I think robots and androids and Replicants have become so much part of the actual science fiction scenario and landscape, that they're no longer unique. [So] you've got to come up with those unique notions that make something fresh."
    Source: http://io9.com/5823610/first-footage...elmets-explode
    Last edited by JMora; 07-21-2011 at 05:50 PM.

• Banned User

OMG, yes! Prometheus (Alien 5) will be in 3D (filmed in true 3D). The news came from today's Prometheus press conference at Comic-Con in San Diego today. Imagine a Facehugger coming straight at you!

Here’s what Scott said during the panel...
    3D has been a wonderful exercise but I was brought up as a camera operator so its really about lensing and all that kind of stuff. So with the help I’ve had from a wonderful cameraman and his technical team its been, for me, a pretty straight forward ride. That said I’ll never work without 3D again, even for small dialogue scenes. I love the whole process. 3D opens up the universe of even a small dialogue scene so I’ve been very impressed with that.

When Ridley decided to film in 3D, he understood [lighting] was going to be one of the profound challenges and I think one of the things that was important to him was, in terms of the constructions of the sets, that the movie was shot on sound stages in Pinewood. Just these humongous, expansive sets. Everything is built. If you’re building a ship, he just built the ship…..I’ve never been on the set of a movie that’s actually shooting 3D before. Anytime you walk into video village there are essentially five massive video screens. You walk in, get a pair of glasses and you can see the shot and suddenly you understood, even on the production design level – the movie was designed by this guy Arthur Max who did Fight Club – ‘Oh my god, they actually designed this movie for 3D.’ Ridley is a shot maker. He makes beautiful art. So the idea of going in post and putting things in there digitally is not going to happen in this movie.

Therefore, I feel any movie that’s going to be in 3D has to answer the question, ‘Can you justify this being in 3D? Why should it be in 3D?’ I think the answer to that question for Prometheus is it creates a very immersive environment. The idea that you’re in sometimes very confined spaces, sometimes very wide open spaces. But the only way to trick your brain into feeling you’re in the movie, going through these experiences with these characters, is that the 3D helps bring you into that immersive environment and just based on what ive seen so far I think probably one the most visionary and visual directors in the world is finally using this medium, I think its going to be pretty special.

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 11:44 PM ----------

Prometheus screenwriter Damon Lindelof lead the Prometheus panel at Comic Con today and was joined on stage by starring actress Charlize Theron, who apparently plays head of a very large corporation (Weyland Yutani perhaps?)

But that might not be all there is to Theron's character... Lindelof and Theron were joined by director Ridley Scott and the other starring actress Noomi Rapace from location in Iceland via satellite.

Lindelof asked Ridley Scott whether or not there would be an android in Prometheus, to which Sir Ridley replies there "may be two".

It's already been rumored for a while that Michael Fassbender plays one of these android characters, so now one may question whether or not Charlize Theron could be the other one...

Theron says about her character:

In the third act, you see her strip her from her skin and you see what her bones are like and what she’s doing there
    Source: Comic-Con 2011: Ridley Scott Explains How 'Prometheus' Is Related to 'Alien' - Hollywood Reporter (in depth article below)
    Comic-Con 2011: Ridley Scott Explains How 'Prometheus' Is Related to 'Alien'

The director, who remains vague on details about the movie, also reveals why he'll "never work without" 3D again after this film, which stars Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba and was written by Damon Lindelof.

Shaun Curry/AFP/Getty Images

20th Century Fox delivered the goods Thursday, giving a packed Hall H a first glimpse at Prometheus, director Ridley Scott’s return to the science-fiction genre. The Prometheus look began with a production video the combined Scott talking about the project and, more tantalizingly, quick shots from the movie, still nearly a year away from release.

The footage teased a star-spanning epic with massive sets, mystery, distrust and maybe (hopefully) horror. There was a shot of Charlize Theron telling someone to stay back, then obliterating the person with a flamethrower. Next came a spaceship, looking puny as it streaked past a massive planet, and an astronaut walking past a wall of alien hieroglyphics. A room full of alien pods reminiscent of Scott's landmark Alien film appeared, then several shots of Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender (with bleached blond hair) and Idris Elba.

Scott spoke to the audience via a live feed from the movie's Iceland set, perhaps a Comic-Con first, and was able to explain that the reason he took so long to return to sci-fi was that he was simply busy exploring other genres.
    STORY: Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace Tease 'Prometheus' at CineEurope
    What bought him back was a desire to answer a mysterious question that he was surprised no one had ever asked about the Alien movies.

“That [question] could be the centerpiece of what we just completed. That said, that is the only DNA from the first Alien,” Scott said. Huh? So is Prometheus a prequel to Alien or not?
    “You’ll hopefully understand what I mean in the last few minutes of the movie,” Scott said.

“So do I,” quipped Fox panel moderator (and the movie’s writer) Damon Lindelof. “So does Fox,” snorted Scott.

Scott also discussed the massive sets, why he limited his use of CG and his first foray into 3D.
    “I’ll never work without it again,” he said, referring to the 3D format. “It opens up the universe even for the small scenes."

When Lindelof asked if the movie was going to have an android (the Alien series featured synthetic humans), Scott revealed there “may be two” and hinted at something more.
    “Robots and androids and replicants have become so much of the landscape, so you have to come up with something that hasn’t been seen before," he said. "You have to find a notion that makes something fresh.”

Rapace (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) also joined Scott from the Iceland set, while Theron appeared on stage. Theron described her character as “a suit."

“In the third act, you see her strip her from her skin and you see what her bones are like and what she’s doing there,” she said.

Fox has said the movie would be rated PG-13, typical for most summer action blockbusters. But Scott said that could change to an R rating.

“I’ve got a responsibility to my studio and [studio co-chief] Tom Rothman, but I always make sure I have both options,” he said. “We will both look at it and decide which is the best way to go.”
    Last edited by JMora; 07-21-2011 at 10:02 PM.

• Banned User

Prometheus panel

• Banned User

Content removed: Word filter violation, video content not appropriate for family board.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 08-04-2011 at 10:15 PM.

• Banned User

Alien related...
    Alien Xenomorph Motorcycle Is Terrifying

Culture Buzz I'm not usually intimidated by motorcycles, but when I am, they look like this. Composed of spare car and bike parts, Roongrojna Sangwongprisarn built this unsettlingly cool vehicle from the ground up. Its mouth is a little Predator-esque, but regardless, this is a fine specimen of a machine.

Source: http://helablog.com/2011/07/stunning...f-spare-parts/

• Banned User

Still shots from Prometheus teaser trailer...

• Banned User

Idris Elba & Guy Pearce? Hmm, that might be interesting. I'm not really wild about this project but it's nice to see Ridley Scott involved in the Alien world again.