• Banned User

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn

Spielberg needs to go back to Jurassic Park, I have a feeling this will under perform, and it's so screaming Zemeckis. Plus I never really understand this genre of films, cross breeds of "realistic" animation with "CGI" aniamtion. Just either make a animated film or make a live-action film.

This is the second Spielberg film coming out later this year, and who's really going to watch film centered around a horse (War Horse)???

Re: The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn

I'll see Tintin because it's Spielberg, Peter Jackson, and the writers are all very talented, but I can easily see this tanking. I've only heard of Tintin, and have no connection or affection to the original source. I can't see a lot of kids being that intrigued, but it looks interesting enough.

On War Horse, it's worth pointing out that the movie is, I believe, based on a very well-received play that won a couple of Tonys (and has the exact same plot). Either way, the War Horse trailer is clearly trying to make us all remember Saving Private Ryan. It's Spielberg, and he's not ruining the Indiana Jones series this time, so I'll check both of these out.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Banned User

My 9 yo son is really looking forward to this movie. He has all of the Tintin books and even a couple of the animated cartoons produced a while ago.

While it's hard for me to get into mocap, I understand why they went that way. The distinctive look of the Tintin series would have lost a lot of it's charm if they did live action. The illustrator is from Belgium and the series is immensely popular in Europe, so I'm sure it will do well world wide. Looking forward to this!