• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney & Johnny Depp partner on two new films

The studio probably would've signed on with Johnny to make a live-action feature of 'My Little Pony' just to stay in business with him & his producing partner sister, but these sound better...

Disney is doubling down on Johnny Depp, picking up two high-profile projects from the actor and his Infinitum Nihil shingle.

First up is a feature film version of The Night Stalker, the 1970s TV movie-turned-TV series that ran on Disney-owned ABC about Carl Kolchak, a reporter who investigates mysterious crimes that have a supernatural or sci-fi bent. Darren McGavin originally played the character and while the series only lasted a season it proved influential.
    The studio is out to writers.

Also on tap is a telling of the historical story of the American Revolution hero Paul Revere and his 1775 midnight ride to warn the colonists of a British Invasion.

Lee and Janet Batchler, who wrote Batman Forever, are writing the screenplay.

Each of the projects is a potential Depp starring vehicle. Depp is producing with his Infinitum partner Christi Dembrowski.

The move keeps Disney in business with Depp, whose latest Pirates of the Caribbean has grossed over one billion dollars. And while his shingle is based at Warner Bros and he recently wrapped Dark Shadows for the studio, Disney’s big-screen take on The Lone Ranger is his next movie.

Johnny Depp's Infinitum Nihil and Disney Pick Up Two Features - Hollywood Reporter

• will-o-the-whip

Re: Disney & Johnny Depp partner on two new films

The screenwriters for Paul Revere better check with Sarah Palin for historical accuracy, lest they upset the mama grizzly.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    The screenwriters for Paul Revere better check with Sarah Palin for historical accuracy, lest they upset the mama grizzly.
    Disney may also have a Michelle Bachmann issue on their hands. I assume many may confuse the 1970's television show The Night Stalker with the other Night Stalker... serial killer Richard Ramirez.

• Not on the Jedi Council

or that remake of Night Stalker that fizzled a few years back. It would be easier to just call it Kolchak.

As for Palin, she actually got it right, you know?

How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments? : NPR

No, I would not vote for her. She lost me with the reality show, but have to give her credit on that one.

It's okay to be a Conservative and a Disney Fan at the same time...Walt Disney was and so am I! I love the idea of a Paul Revere movie, (although the first thing that came to my mind was Sleepy Hollow. I know its two different people but same era, both riders...)I love American history and period films, and Johnny Deep always does so well on that subject matter! Lone Ranger is gonna be awesome too!
    Jewish American Disney Princess

• Infinitized!

Also on tap is a telling of the historical story of the American Revolution hero Paul Revere and his 1775 midnight ride to warn the colonists of a British Invasion.
    Almost sounds like they want to spin something off of the National Treasure franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Almost sounds like they want to spin something off of the National Treasure franchise.
    That would be good..Sorry, but really like the National Treasure movies

• Banned User

I'm all for both these projects! I would hope, though, that the Paul Revere movie would do a tie-in with Samuel Adams Brewery. Seems only natural.

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by JADP View Post
    It's okay to be a Conservative and a Disney Fan at the same time...Walt Disney was and so am I!
    I don't think it's accurate to call Walt a conservative. His politics went with what was best for his business interests and that varied between the two political parties and viewpoints at different times in his life.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Mod Note:

A reminder from our FAQ's:

MiceChat is an entertainment centered board. While most subjects may be discussed in our various community lounges, we discourage the discussion or posting of images with a political and/or religious theme. Threads/posts/images which are focused on these topics or become in other ways heated will be moved to the "Litter Box" or MiceChat Gold's "Debate Lounge" (and are also subject to being closed).
    Please help us by keeping political conversations in the Gold lounge only. Any further discussion with political comments will be removed.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.