1 2.63%
  • 2 Wands - Should have only been 1 movie

1 2.63%
  • 1 Wand - Voldemort Voldemort oh Voldy Voldy Voldy Voldemort

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Characters are my friends

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: MiceChat Reviews

Oh man, I loved the movie! Yes, there were things in the movie that annoyed me. But besides those, I thought it was well done. I definitely plan on seeing it again (and most likely several times).

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Um, anyone envision a Gringott's Bank ride at World of Harry Potter anytime soon? Holy moly, that would be sweet.

---------- Post added 07-15-2011 at 03:52 PM ----------

Uni Studios Fla opened Wizarding World of Harry Potter at 3AM after the movies were let out of the nearby theaters. Free admission for two hours.
    I was there! It was pretty cool being there after hours
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Rock Star Minion

Sounds great!

Forgot to add that I thought the best acting job in the movie was Helena playing Hermione, while dressed up as Bellatrix. She had all the subtleties down perfect.
    I assume that was Emma's voice (which wasn't really necessary). If not, she just outdid herself.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

One thing in particular that bugs me, thinking about it...spoilers...

Spoiler
    So, basically, in movie version....Wormtail/Pettigrew lives and nothing happens to pay off the Prisoner of Azkaban setup of Harry showing him mercy, which causes him to hesitate later and die as a result?

Bit of a oversight, that....

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    One thing in particular that bugs me, thinking about it...spoilers...

Spoiler
    So, basically, in movie version....Wormtail/Pettigrew lives and nothing happens to pay off the Prisoner of Azkaban setup of Harry showing him mercy, which causes him to hesitate later and die as a result?

Bit of a oversight, that....
    Spoiler
    I believe in the last movie Dobby uses magic against him and Pettigrew is shown collapsing. It's unclear if he died as a result of that or not, but maybe he did, or Voldemort killed him later. I think it did take away from the last movie when he didn't strangle himself with the silver hand, though. I was really looking forward to that scene, it was dark, but somehow very interesting and a great flashback to Prisoner of Azkaban.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The character in question is shown in Deathly Hallows 2, very much active, at a few points...so no, he just was kind of stunned or knocked out in Part 1. I think they forgot or didn't think it was important. Too bad.

• Future Cast Member

Oh, that is too bad, then. I've heard a lot of the major deaths from the book were toned down or forgotten in the movie

• Goofy

i can't believe the movie has already come to end. all good things must come to an end right? it was a great movie. prisoner of azakanb will be my favorite potter movie of all time.

• Sock Puppet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Sounds great!

Forgot to add that I thought the best acting job in the movie was Helena playing Hermione, while dressed up as Bellatrix. She had all the subtleties down perfect.
    I assume that was Emma's voice (which wasn't really necessary). If not, she just outdid herself.

I completely agree. I was going to mention that in my post! She really out did herself. I thought she was Brilliant!!! Helena is one of my favorite actresses in general, outside of Harry Potter, and then when she became Bellatrix, she really owned that character and took her to the crazy that she needed to go. And to just watch her go from one extreme to the other. It's just incredible. I adore her. I was so entertained. It was Emma's voice, by the way.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    The character in question is shown in Deathly Hallows 2, very much active, at a few points...so no, he just was kind of stunned or knocked out in Part 1. I think they forgot or didn't think it was important. Too bad.
    Totally agree with this. Such a bummer, but I also think this person's death was wasted in the books as well. He should have taken a bullet for Harry, but in the end, his death is completely meaningless.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I would say a 9/10 like an A-......GOOD film but missing a few little things for me to give it a ten.

For me Half Blood Prince will always be my favorite movie, its funny and very character driven.

This film was very good but the little things that were missing kinda bugged me....thats why I never want to read a book before seeing a movie again...you just cant compare the two

•   
    • Minion

My favorite one of the series. I think it was a perfect ending to the movies.

Saw it for the second time tonight (because it's just that good). A few more thoughts:

Spoiler

I didn't notice until my second viewing:
    -Mrs. Norris doesn't have her crazy Red eyes
    -On the newly animated statues' shield, each has a House crest. Just a cool detail I'd missed the first time.
    -I know it was mentioned on here, but I didn't realize that it was Lavender Brown who was getting chewed on by Greyback
    -Young Lily has brown eyes, not the bright green eyes that everyone's always talking about

I feel further supported in my conclusion that Hufflepuff is the weakest House... The whole Cup of Hufflepuff storyline was tossed out, while Ravenclaw still gets credit for the diadem... of course Slytherin didn't get any credit for the ring either, as the whole Gaunt story was tossed as well.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

I FINALLY saw it today!

First off I must say I miss seeing Harry Potter at midnight showings! It was always such a cool feeling to be able to see the movies with people who loved the characters and the story as much as I did. There were many parts in the movie I wanted to cheer out loud, and I know had I been at the midnight showing, I would have been joined by the rest of the audience.

Ok, my comments on the movie aren't necessarily regarding the storyline (I can't pick out discrepancies from the book to the movie as the last time I read the book was about a week after it came out), but the acting.

I think this movie had the best acting, by far! The actors were very committed to their characters, and you could tell they saved their best work for last!

Ralph Fiennes deserves an Oscar nod for this one. He was truly terrifying as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. My wife could barely look at him! Haha.

Props to Warwick Davis for his portrayal of 2 distinctly different characters. My wife didnt know it was the same actor. His Griphook was very well done, with great timing and just the right amount of hatred towards wizards.

John Hurt's cameo as Ollivander was haunting!

Alan Rickman, I mean what can you say. The guy brought me to tears in the Pensieve scenes! brilliant character brilliantly played by a brilliant actor.

Dame Maggie Smith was the other person who got me to cry in this movie (those were the only 2 times I cried, I Promise!)
    Spoiler
    When she cast the enchantment on the statues and and the teachers were all casting the enchantment to protect Hogwarts. I don't know why but I just started crying. It was just a powerful moment!

The Hero Trio. Not the best of the movie, nothing that they did really sticks out to me. And many things with Neville, as much as I love me some Longbottom, seemed forced.

David Thewlis, even tho he had a few lines, was exceptional as always. Still my favorite chracter in the books, and the movies!

Overall, I thought it was a great movie, and I left the theatre satisfied!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Circle of Ancients

Reports are Deathly Hallows Part 2 made $168.5 million this weekend making it the #1 opening weekend of all time.

• Future Cast Member

I saw it today. It was a great movie! I loved it, but now I feel really sad. Seeing the movies end seems so final and makes me sad. I was a bit sad when I finished reading the books, but at least then I had the movies to look forward to. I loved the parts with Snape, much more powerful than in the book, even though they did cut some parts of it out. He was my favorite character, and I can't cry during movies, but I did cry when they showed him crying. It was so odd to see Snape look so broken and defeated, and I kept waiting for him to go hold Lilly, then they showed him and I lost it. I cried again when Hermione hugged him in the next scene and her and Ron were crying before Harry left to the forest. I wish Hagrid would have been crying instead of just in shock. Also, it does appear that either Dobby's magic against Pettigrew in the last movie killed him, or Voldemort later did for letting the prisoners escape, because he wasn't in this movie. He was shown, but only in the Pensieve memories and it was stock footage from Prisoner of Azkaban. The 19 years later scene was very nice, the ending would've been a lot sadder if it did just leave with the three characters on the bridge. Still, I wish they would've fit in Harry going to the Headmaster's office. It would've made it less depressing to see it end, I think. Leaving them on the bridge and then closing with the 19 years later was more emotional. It feels really sad to not seeing anymore of the magical world.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast