1 2.63%
  • 2 Wands - Should have only been 1 movie

1 2.63%
  • 1 Wand - Voldemort Voldemort oh Voldy Voldy Voldy Voldemort

1 2.63%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: MiceChat Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Xmen First Class was great, it really was just a good movie and a story that may not have been needed to be told but it was done well.

I always thought a video game based off the 4 founders of Hogwarts would be a cool game
    Yeah Ive heard good things about it but really, like you said, I think they did a good job at something that didn't need to be done anyway. It was just a way to milk the series. Sure she could go back and write about stuff we already know about but in my opinion, the back story is there to serve Harry Potter's story and explaining it would be unnecessary. Do you really want her to constantly be dwelling on this and beat it like a dead horse like Lucas did with Star Wars? Leave it as the iconic work it is. However, she could do a sequel or spin off but in order for it to work, it would have to be wildly different and stand on its own. Wouldn't you rather read something completely new? If Rowling came up with the first story, there's no telling what else she could do. Maybe Harry Potter 30 years later with a whole new set of circumstances. Nobody knows anything about that and there are endless possibilities. What job would he have? What kind of person would he become? What adventures could he go on? There could be a whole new mythology created.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    What job would he have?
    I believe Harry became an Auror, and later Head of the Aurors.

But it would be cool if there was a new story. I'm not sure about a story 30 years later because it was kind of wrapped up well, but I guess if it was well enough into the future it could turn out well, especially with Harry being an Auror and being involved in any evil going on in Hogwarts. They could also explain how him and Ginny's kids and Hermione and Ron's kids are.

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I believe Harry became an Auror, and later Head of the Aurors.

But it would be cool if there was a new story. I'm not sure about a story 30 years later because it was kind of wrapped up well, but I guess if it was well enough into the future it could turn out well, especially with Harry being an Auror and being involved in any evil going on in Hogwarts. They could also explain how him and Ginny's kids and Hermione and Ron's kids are.
    Well what I was trying to get at was that I don't want another story with anything to do with the series that is already wrapped up and perfect the way it is. I'm sure there are endless opportunities and things to be explored in the wizarding world outside of one school. Surely there are other magical places and adventures that could be created and they could explore those while Harry is an Auror. I think that would be pretty awesome and I would love to go on more wizarding adventures, I just don't really care anything about their kids or stuff that already happened. I think she could come up with something far more creative and exciting but that's just me.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    Well what I was trying to get at was that I don't want another story with anything to do with the series that is already wrapped up and perfect the way it is. I'm sure there are endless opportunities and things to be explored in the wizarding world outside of one school. Surely there are other magical places and adventures that could be created and they could explore those while Harry is an Auror. I think that would be pretty awesome and I would love to go on more wizarding adventures, I just don't really care anything about their kids or stuff that already happened. I think she could come up with something far more creative and exciting but that's just me.
    Oh I see what you mean now. Yeah that would be interesting. I'm sure if he were an Auror he'd still be dealing with evil and new evil characters.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Oh I see what you mean now. Yeah that would be interesting. I'm sure if he were an Auror he'd still be dealing with evil and new evil characters.
    I would want a new Series based off "other Characters" in the same world....and then maybe have Harry come in at one point to help out (maybe chasing a dark wizard) but she could make a new series based on adults in another park of the wizard world...heck maybe even bring in some muggle characters as villains/new hero's Mix it up a but Im sure she could make a fun new Trilogy that is about new characters but also had some characters from the previous books make appearances every once in a while

• Future Cast Member

I think there's definitely the possibility that Joe may soon write books that take place in the wizarding world. I know there's that Pottermore website coming out, so I don't think she's completely done with the Harry Potter series or its world. I think she may at least write spin offs like Tales of Beadle the Bard.

• Sock Puppet

Blog Entries

I think there's definitely the possibility that Joe may soon write books that take place in the wizarding world. I know there's that Pottermore website coming out, so I don't think she's completely done with the Harry Potter series or its world. I think she may at least write spin offs like Tales of Beadle the Bard.

I always hope for this. The wizarding world, and the Hogwarts world are so fascinating all on their own. But I don't get my hopes up, because I've seen so many of her interviews when she discusses that she has written a lot but that she felt she couldn't release anything until the Harry Potter movies *ended*. She said, that the movie Deathly Hallows Part Two was as much a sad ending for her as much as it was a beginning, because she does have a lot of other work she wants to release? So I don't know what that means, if that really means she has completely separate stories or not. Either way, I'm a fan of her writing, and her imagination... and I just want to read more new stuff from her!
    I think J.K. looks at Pottermore as her continuing the wizarding world and hogwarts for the fans. All the new material she said she was going to release through the website on backstories of certain characters and such, I think more so that will probably be her outlet when it comes to the Harry Potter world we love so much.

BUT I'll always always hope. Hahaha.

• Circle of Ancients

The fact is, JK is an Author ... and she hasn't released anything since the last book unless you count Beedle the Bard, which I guess you could. She's got to be itching to release some more published work, whether it's Potter or not.

However, I can't see any other non-Potter book being anywhere near as successful. I mean, could you see yourself buying a JK Rowling Love Story or Mystery that had nothing to do with the Magical World of Harry Potter?

I'm not even sure if she can see herself doing that.

• Future Cast Member

That's true, I hadn't even thought of that. I like her writing and imagination, too, but I don't know if I'd purchase a non-Potter book. I'd love to read the Harry Potter series again and buy those books, but I don't know if I'd buy non-Potter books. Maybe I would eventually, once I've bought the whole Potter series and if the books were being made into movies and seemed as interesting and captivating as the Potter series. But something in the real world with no unique imagination like a love story or mystery, I don't think I'd buy it, at least not right away, if I had something else to read. She does mysteries and love stories well in Harry Potter, but what makes them great is they're stories woven into the world and aren't the main focus of the series.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I agree. She does a great job of incorporating many different types of literary styles within the universe she created. There is mystery, love, horror, action and of course magic.

I can't picture her doing, for example, a Stephen King type horror book. Although I have no doubt it would be fantastic.

Honestly, what I think would be AMAZING is instead of doing a prequel with the people we know (Dumbledore, Snape, etc) ... go ALL the way back to when Hogwarts was created, have it be about the 4 Witches/Wizards who created the school, how they got together, how they dealt with being Witches/Wizards in Medieval Times, etc.

And then after that come back in about 10 years, pick up the "Potter" story where the epilogue left off ... then in 16-17 years the actors who played the parts in this series will be the proper age to continue the story where it left off in the movies.

• Rock Star Minion

For a thorough backstory info there is always
    Harry Potter Wiki

It's wiki-ish, and free, so you get what you pay for.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I agree. She does a great job of incorporating many different types of literary styles within the universe she created. There is mystery, love, horror, action and of course magic.

I can't picture her doing, for example, a Stephen King type horror book. Although I have no doubt it would be fantastic.

Honestly, what I think would be AMAZING is instead of doing a prequel with the people we know (Dumbledore, Snape, etc) ... go ALL the way back to when Hogwarts was created, have it be about the 4 Witches/Wizards who created the school, how they got together, how they dealt with being Witches/Wizards in Medieval Times, etc.

And then after that come back in about 10 years, pick up the "Potter" story where the epilogue left off ... then in 16-17 years the actors who played the parts in this series will be the proper age to continue the story where it left off in the movies.

I'd love to read a story of the history of Hogwarts, and the stories behind Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. That would be a fun read for sure. I would read anything J.K. puts out, regardless of the genre, just because I'm such a fan of hers, I'd have to see if I'd enjoy it. It's hard to imagine her outside of the wizarding world though. Everyone thinks these movies are a long run, but her books have been out a heck of a lot longer, and she was writing them longer than that. So this is a huge chunk of time. Like what people said above me, it's hard to really see her attached to anything else. BUT, I think that is because we have seen her only attached to one thing for so very long. She knows there is no way she will ever come close to another Harry Potter. That is a once in a lifetime opportunity. But a woman with that brilliant of a story in her mind, I can't help but wonder and/or hope for other brilliant stories in there as well.

But I'm madly in love with just the wizarding world. I really wish she would write books involving that world, whether it be about the founders of Hogwarts, or James and Lily, or completely new wizards. Anyone! Everyone! I dont care. Haha. I just love that world. And she paints that world so beautifully.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234