Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: first images of X-3 characters

More "X-Men 3" Cast Photos
    Posted: Tuesday December 6th, 2005 11:46am]
    Source: 20th Century Fox
    Author: Garth Franklin

On top of the new trailer which just went up for the third "X-Men" flick, the official site has also released cast portrait photos of fourteen major mutant characters in the film. Half of these characters we're familiar with of course - though some like Storm, Jean Grey and Pyro sport new looks. The shots also give us a first look at several new mutant characters including Beast, Angel, Juggernaut, Kitty Pride and Callisto:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Aww...too bad they didn't bring back Iceman...that'd be cool! (Yes, pun intended!)
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    I beg to differ. The worst stories are the ones you mentioned, aside from his past (and creation). Trust me, I've got all the comics, I'm no "rookie" you're talking to. That reminds me, I really need to sell all those things.
    Well you must be a rookie if one you are selling your books and second if you think these are the worst stories your collection is probably lacking.
    *Note that Sabertooth is a footnote compared to Wolverine's history in Japan.
    **Also it might behoove us to call in the authority on Wolverine...Bornio edited an official Marvel guide to Wolvering.
    Paging Bornio to this thread!

The first issue of the 1980s Wolverine mini-series. Art by Frank Miller.

Wolverine first appeared as a Canadian superhero and government agent fighting The Incredible Hulk and the Wendigo, in order to halt the destruction in the wake of their battle. His speed and maneuverability proved to be a match for the two plodding powerhouses of vast superhuman strength, and he was able to fight both creatures to a standstill.
    Soon Professor X recruited him to join a new team of X-Men, and he resigned from his position in Canada, disregarding his superiors' objections. Over the following year, Wolverine was revealed to be a mutant whose skeleton had been laced with the unbreakable metal adamantium. Initially misanthropic and a loner, Wolverine often clashed with the X-Men's leader Cyclops. Given to berserker rages in combat, he slowly learned how to control his feral instincts. However, Wolverine is the X-Man most likely to permanently deal with adversaries who dispense lethal force. Despite his quick temperament, he has been described as a warrior poet with an iron will.
    Various writers have subsequently fleshed out and revised Wolverine's mysterious past. Within the current continuity of Wolverine's background, it has been revealed that he joined Nick Fury, Captain America, and the Black Widow fighting the Nazis in Madripoor during World War II and afterward, he joined the Canadian Army and participated in D-Day and the liberation of Holland. He may have also been a spy for the allies and it was recently revealed that he may have been captured and spent time in the Sobibor concentration camp. What is for certain about his past is that he was part of a project called Weapon X; it was this project which added the adamantium to his body. He was then adopted by James and Heather Hudson and co-opted into their superhero work with the Canadian government, which eventually became Alpha Flight. There was an intention for Wolverine to lead this team, and his abrupt departure from the team precipitated James Hudson's adoption of the identity of Weapon Alpha (later Vindicator and then Guardian), and saw a number of typically hostile confrontations in which Alpha Flight tried to bring Wolverine back to Canada, whilst Wolverine attempted to retain his freedom. Wolverine would eventually make peace with Hudson and Alpha Flight, while remaining a member of the X-Men. He was also on a government Black-Ops team which consisted of him, Maverick, Sabretooth, and Silver Fox. The team was apparently disbanded after a botched mission concerning Omega Red.

Wolverine and Mariko. Cover to Uncanny X-Men #172. Art by Paul Smith.

Claremont and other writers have added layers of complexity to the character over time. For instance, it was revealed that Wolverine can read and speak Japanese and that he has a strong sense of personal honor. Wolverine has also developed a close friendship with his teammate Nightcrawler, a character whose personality seems written to diametrically oppose Wolverine's. Comics from the early and mid nineties saw Wolverine nurturing a mentor-like relationship with the character Jubilee, who is regarded as his unofficial sidekick.
    As mentioned previously, early in their run together on The Uncanny X-Men Claremont and Byrne created a subplot wherein Wolverine became interested in Jean Grey. However this interest was never consummated, and it was unclear whether Wolverine's feelings were reciprocated by Grey. Eventually a new love interest was introduced, with Wolverine becoming engaged to Lady Mariko Yashida, a daughter of a Japanese crime family. He was forced to kill her father in a duel and single-handedly destroyed his crime cartel. Mariko and Logan became estranged due to the strange honour customs of her family, and the manipulations of the villain Mastermind. Once they were finally reunited she was poisoned by Reiko, an assassin for the Yakuza. She requested Wolverine to end her life quickly rather than let her die a slow and painful death from the toxin, and he obeyed. This changed Wolverine's character significantly, making him more disciplined and emotionally distant.

Mariko's death. Art by Marc Silvestri.

In X-Men #25 (1993), at the culmination of the "Fatal Attractions" crossover, the adamantium in Wolverine's skeleton was forcibly removed by the supervillain Magneto. The act inflicted devastating injuries to Wolverine's body, so devastating that his mutant healing factor burned itself out in order to keep him alive. As a result, many of Wolverine's other natural mutant abilities, such as his heightened senses, strength, stamina, and agility, were burned out. In the Weapon X serial, then in Wolverine Vol. 2 issue 75 and the Origin mini-series, it was revealed that Wolverine's claws were actually made of bone and part of his mutant powers, and not created by the Weapon X program.
    However, it was revealed in Wolverine Vol. 2 issue 91 that after sufficient time had passed enabling his body to recover from this severe trauma his mutation actually began to accelerate and as a consequence Wolverine not only regained his superhuman abilities, they actually increased from what they had been when he had the adamantium in his skeleton. Unfortunately, this also made Wolverine more feral.
    Some time later, in Wolverine #100, another maniac, Genesis, kidnapped Wolverine and attempted to re-bond the metal to his skeleton. This was unsuccessful and caused Wolverine's mutation to accelerate out of control. He was temporarily changed into a semi-sentient beast-like form in which he knew greater physical power than ever before, at the price of part of his humanity. Genesis did not survive the battle following his failed experiment. Wolverine found a way to reverse his form to what it had been just previous to the time when Genesis captured him.
    After several years of continuing to exist without the benefit of the adamantium to reinforce his skeletal structure, Wolverine was kidnapped by the villain Apocalypse, who set up a contest between Wolverine and his arch nemesis, Sabretooth, with the victor to become one of Apocalypse's new group of Horsemen. Wolverine barely emerged victorious, and as a result Apocalypse extracted the adamantium from Sabretooth and had it bonded to Wolverine. Although initially brainwashed into serving Apocalypse, Wolverine eventually overcame Apocalypse's programming and returned to the X-Men.
    Recently, Wolverine was recaptured by the Weapon X program, which is under new leadership. It was then revealed that the mental implants installed by the original Weapon X program were still functional, because the new director had used Wolverine as a sleeper agent to track down and eliminate the old members of the Weapon X program. However, we are told that during his assassination of Senator Drexel Walsh (the previous director of the Weapon X program), the mental implants were destroyed under the stress. It was in this incident that we were introduced to the Shiver Man and Mauvais. Hints in this series point towards the opinion that Origin is in fact the true story of Wolverine's past.
    Today, Wolverine remains an integral part of the X-Men, He is also an officer of the mutant law enforcement agency the X-Treme Sanctions Executive (XSE), and he recently joined the reformed Avengers alongside other famous Marvel Comics heroes such as Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-Man.
    At the conclusion of Marvel's 2005 event, House of M, Wolverine's memories of his entire life have been restored. How this will affect the character remains to be seen.
    • Note* In the alternate future depicted in What If II #114 Logan married and had a daughter with follow X-Man Storm and named her Kendall Logan. This daughter became the hero known as Torrent, having her mother's control over weather as well as his father's feral abilities. In the M2 series of comics Wolverine and Elektra had a daughter named Rina Logan, who became the super heroine called Wild Thing. In the alternate future that the Guardians of the Galaxy come from his great-great-granddaughter is the evil mutant queen called Rancor.
    [edit]

Early life

Wolverine's early life has been revealed gradually over time. Wolverine's time as a captive and subject of the Weapon X project has been revealed as a period when he was entirely at the mercy of feral instincts due to severe physical and psychological trauma inflicted upon him by the program. He was their agent, their ultimate weapon, along with his future archnemesis Sabretooth. Next, Wolverine lived on a Native American reservation with his former girlfriend Silver Fox, whom he thought had been killed by his enemy.

Wolverine first uses his claws in Origin #2. Art by Andy Kubert.

Finally, the story of his childhood was told in the miniseries Origin. He was born James Howlett, the son of wealthy Canadians John and Elizabeth Howlett in 19th century Alberta. He was a sickly youth, therefore his father hired a girl named Rose to take care of him. They were joined by a third youth, Dog Logan, who will later become James' bitter enemy.
    Elizabeth's first son was believed to have been born a mutant and killed by the Grandfather Howlett. This traumatic experience caused Elizabeth to be locked away in the attic of the Manor for some time. It is revealed that she had an affair with the groundskeeper of the Howlett estate, Thomas Logan, a man who look exactly like the adult Wolverine. Years passed and she eventually gave birth to James Howlett.
    Thomas Logan's son, Dog, would later attack Rose and cause Thomas to be fired. John Howlett, however, later found Thomas with his wife and questioned him. In retaliation, Thomas Logan killed John Howlett. James' mutant powers, particularly his claws, emerged when he discovered his dead father and the murderer. With his new powers, James killed Thomas Logan and scarred Dog. Elizabeth, having lost both her husband and lover, chose to commit suicide.
    Due to his alleged killing of his parents, James was exiled by his grandfather and became a nomad. He was brought to a British Columbia mining colony, where he grew into a strong and ferocious worker. He also adopted the name Logan and acquired the nickname of Wolverine.
    Three years later Dog tracked him down. Forced to remember his painful childhood, Logan fought Dog savagely. Logan had gained the upper hand in the fight but as Rose attempted to prevent the killing of Dog she was impaled by Logan's claws. Wracked with grief over the death of his true love, Logan spent more time in the woods with wolves, where he feels more at home.
    Much of Wolverine's origin still remains a mystery. It is unclear how much Wolverine recalls about his past, as his memories have been extensively tampered with, both by the Weapon X program and his healing powers.
    [edit]

Skrull impostor

A Skrull working for Apocalypse briefly replaced the real Wolverine to allow the real one to be kidnapped and brainwashed. Due to mental programming to allow him to take the place of the real Wolverine without alerting the X-Men's telepaths, he believed himself to actually be Wolverine.
    The Skrull impostor of Wolverine was initially created as part of a program initiated by the Skrulls to impersonate Earth's heroes en masse, at the cost of the shapeshifting abilities of those used - instead they would be physically locked into the forms they were imitating, in addition to mental programming designed to make them believe they were the hero in question. Due to the limitations of the process and their technology, however, they could not duplicate most of the respective abilities (e.g., the fake "Nightcrawler" could only pretend to teleport by becoming invisible). After the Skrull homeworld was destroyed by Galactus, Apocalypse found some skrulls and put them to use, including using this process on one of them to cover while they kidnapped the real Wolverine. The limitations meant, however, that "Skrullverine" had no "healing factor" or enhanced senses.
    The impostor took on Wolverine's heroic qualities and saved several members of the X-Men and the Mannites (super powered children) from being eliminated by Apocalypse's acolyte of Death. The Skrull impostor was killed by the acolyte of Death (who turned out to be the real Wolverine who had been brainwashed).
    [edit]

Costumes

Original costume, designed by John Romita, Sr.
    Herb Trimpe, Art

Second costume. Original costume with minor modifications (mask has bigger wing-tips, no whiskers). Designed by Dave Cockrum, first appeared in Giant Size X-Men #1.
    Cover to Uncanny X-Men #133, art by John Byrne.

Brown and tan suit first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #139, designed by John Byrne.
    Cover to Wolverine #17, art by John Byrne.

Wore team's uniform along with fellow X-Men beginning in Uncanny X-Men #275 for a brief while. Art by Jim Lee

Reverted to the yellow suit, with a blue mask in the early 90's.
    Art by Joe Maduirera

Short-lived leather-jacket no-shirt look, created for New X-Men.
    Promotional art, by Frank Quitely.

Short-lived maskless inversion of his "classic" suit, intended to keep his appearance consistent across both Ultimate and Earth-616 comics, merchandising, X-Men Legends, and the X-Men: Evolution cartoon.
    Cover to Ultimate X-Men #33, art by Adam Kubert

Current costume, a slight variation on the Romita Sr/Cockrum costume.
    Cover to New Avengers #3, art by Oliver Coipel.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    Aww...too bad they didn't bring back Iceman...that'd be cool! (Yes, pun intended!)
    Look closly at this photo to the gentlemen next to Rogue

• șoș Tom șoș

^Wow Calisto,I like the look, other then fact I fear she looks a lot like a female version of Bishop with the M thing on her face.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Look closly at this photo to the gentlemen next to Rogue
    Ah, nice. Thanks, shucks. I like the Iceman character quite a bit, and I hope we get to see some more displays of his mutant powers in the new movie.

I'd also like to see Rogue fly in this one!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Mexihick, y'all

Well you must be a rookie if one you are selling your books and second if you think these are the worst stories your collection is probably lacking.

Well you sure are a peach. First off, it's called opinion. It has nothing to do with YOUR opinion on what YOU feel is the best.

Second off, I'm real happy for Bornio. I was best friends during high school with the editor of Wizard's son. That man had more rare copies of everything than you can shake a stick at.

Also...I don't know how old you are, but with the 10+ or so long boxes full of comic books that are slowly losing their value...I can barely get anywhere near what I could have got for them back in the day, when people were actually reading comics still, and stores were sprouting up like wildflower all across the county.

I enjoyed my time reading comics and managing a store, but I'm sure glad I no longer am investing my time and money on it anymore.

• That's Hawt

Dang ... looks like Jean Grey got a little power boost there eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Well you sure are a peach. First off, it's called opinion. It has nothing to do with YOUR opinion on what YOU feel is the best.

Also...I don't know how old you are, but with the 10+ or so long boxes full of comic books that are slowly losing their value...I can barely get anywhere near what I could have got for them back in the day, when people were actually reading comics still, and stores were sprouting up like wildflower all across the county.

I enjoyed my time reading comics and managing a store, but I'm sure glad I no longer am investing my time and money on it anymore.
    Yeah, you know what they say. Opinions are like copies of Claremont/Lee X-Men#1...everyone's got one.

People are finally figuring out that comics are worth nothing more than the joy it brings to the reader. There are thousands of copies of each book for the past 20+ years. That's why they're not worth anything. It was a bad idea the second Doomsday and Superman met and downhill from there.

Buy the comics you like, don't buy out of habbit. If something is worth reading and enjoying the time you spend doing it? Then maybe you should take up Stamp collecting. (and I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible.)

Also RE: Wolverine/ Sabertooth. That would be interesting, but since they changed the "real" story between the two, I think it would be pretty sucky. For a time it was believed that they were father and son. Now with "Origin" or "Crap" as it is known in my house, we learn that they were not. I don't know if it was every "known" but I think the "Dog Logan" who I think should say "Doug" is really Sabertooth as a young kid. Then that would be their relationship. But, since I HATED origin, I like just keeping it a mystery.

Why I know all this, I don't know. Just an opinion. Anyone wanna buy a copy of X-Men #1? I've got 10.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    Yeah, you know what they say. Opinions are like copies of Claremont/Lee X-Men#1...everyone's got one.

People are finally figuring out that comics are worth nothing more than the joy it brings to the reader. There are thousands of copies of each book for the past 20+ years. That's why they're not worth anything. It was a bad idea the second Doomsday and Superman met and downhill from there.

Buy the comics you like, don't buy out of habbit. If something is worth reading and enjoying the time you spend doing it? Then maybe you should take up Stamp collecting. (and I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible.)

Also RE: Wolverine/ Sabertooth. That would be interesting, but since they changed the "real" story between the two, I think it would be pretty sucky. For a time it was believed that they were father and son. Now with "Origin" or "Crap" as it is known in my house, we learn that they were not. I don't know if it was every "known" but I think the "Dog Logan" who I think should say "Doug" is really Sabertooth as a young kid. Then that would be their relationship. But, since I HATED origin, I like just keeping it a mystery.

Why I know all this, I don't know. Just an opinion. Anyone wanna buy a copy of X-Men #1? I've got 10.

LOL. It's all so true! I stopped reading in probably '94. I wouldn't know what they've done with the storylines since then. However, the way things were going with Wolverine/Sabretooth back in the day is what I would like to see come to the screen, however, the younger ones wouldn't like it.

I wouldn't mind getting my Neil Gaiman's Sandman's out again, and actually trying to comprehend them in a more mature manner than when I did when I was buying them. Those were the days. I fear picking up a comic book now.

• șoș Tom șoș

Very nice high res photos of the X-Men including a closer look at Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut and a few other fun close up...Yeah Brett Ratner and his art department, costumers and casting!

May 26th 2006, TBA, ??mins, 20th Century Fox Cast: Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Kelsey Grammer, Ben Foster, Shawn Ashmore, Vinnie Jones, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Cayden Boyd, Cameron Bright, Daniel Cudmore, Olivia Williams

Director: Brett Ratner
    Writers: Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg

Reviews: None Presently Available
    Links: Related Articles, Official Site
    Interviews: None Presently Available

Select A Trailer To View Hi-Definition Teaser Teaser

Plot: This movie will follow the continuing adventures of the superpowered group, the X-Men, led by Professor Xavier, and based at his school for gifted students, as they try to foster good will for mutants like themselves, in a world where some people are born with extraordinary powers, and many ordinary humans fear them for it. One likely subplot to be addressed in this movie is the status of Dr. Jean Grey, who experienced something strange in the second movie, something to do with something called the Dark Phoenix. Another possible element that may be introduced in this third movie is a geneticist finding a "cure" for the mutation found in mutants.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Psylocke Joins the X-Men 3 Villains
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    December 29, 2005

The evil mutant assassin Psylocke has joined the lineup of X-Men 3, which 20th Century Fox will release on May 26, 2006.

The Hollywood Reporter says the character will be played by Filipina actress Mei Melancon, who previously worked with "X3" director Brett Ratner in Rush Hour 2.

Psylocke, who has had several incarnations in the Marvel comic book series, is best known for her fighting and telepathic skills as well as an ability to transport herself and others through shadows.

In the film, she will fight against the X-Men as a member of Magneto's (Ian McKellen) Brotherhood of Mutants.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• șoș Tom șoș

^ I just read this is freaking awesome she is one of my favorite X-men and frankly I think she works as a villian too!

• e komo mai

No complaints here about Angel. None whatsoever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123