Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Happy Memories

first images of X-3 characters

The first images of both Beast and Angel from the new film are available here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

I've also heard that the first trailer should go live on the Apple trailer site some time today and will also be attached to King Kong in theaters on the 14th.

I'm skeptical of some of the choices being made this time without Singer at the helm, but I still geeked out over the new pics.

• Huh?

Re: first images of X-3 characters

Kelsey Grammer wouldn't have been who I thought of first for Beast, but I'd say the same about Stinky Pete.

In personalities, I think it's a good match.
    -Tim

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^ and Sideshow Bob!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Mexihick, y'all

Angel is looking GOOD. As for Beast, I don't like the way they have him pegged (based upon pictures), and I think that Grammer is a horrible choice.

• șoș Tom șoș

Beast's Body Image Central To "X3"Posted: Monday November 28th, 2005 12:56amSource: X-Men FilmsAuthor: Garth Franklin X-Men Films reports that Kelsey Grammer's Beast will have one of the most interesting roles in "X3" which will really look into the issue of mutants who are not blessed with 'normal' looks.

According to the site - "Halle Berry's Storm, and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine can easily go out into public, and not be feared based off their looks, but what about the mutants who have more physical mutations? How do they think? Now that very subject will be busting at the seams in the third chapter, with Beast and other groups of 'strange' looking mutants.

Even though he's lived with his mutation for some time, Grammer's Beast will still be struggling with his physical self. Dark blue, gray, black fur, and strong animal-like features aren't exactly looked upon as 'normal' and at times in the film we will see him questioning something that might be able to help his problems".

My personal take is that this is the best comic to film transition, exactly the way I would have gone and more like the 80's Beast I knew and loved growing up. Angel is perfect and this film will freaking kick ***!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yes, I like the Beast. Kelsey will do good. Is Alan Cumming going to reprise his role as NightCrawler? He did a good job in X-2.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Alan Cumming is not on the IMDB list for X3, which I'm quite dissapointed about.

I actually think that Kelsey is great casting for Beast. He's got that intellectual style down.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

X3 Looks like its gonna be awsome i saw posters teaseing me at the movie theater the weird thing is to my knowledge its not being shot here and the other to were
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ Alan Cumming is not on the IMDB list for X3, which I'm quite dissapointed about.
    Darn!

Well any way, I like how well developed each characters history and personality are. I mean Characters like the beast and Night Crawler are things that people can relate to. Beast may not be comfortable with the way he looks and is made fun of, but I bet during the film he will be encoraged to be proud of himself.

Night Crawler was viewed as a circus freak because of his mutation but he was a kind, and shy person, who seems to be quite vulnerable and lonely. I think people can relate to him also, because he was accepted by the X-Men and he cared for them even though he might have felt outcasted from our human society.

But the thing that I think most people can relate to with the X-Men is the fight for acceptance in the world and that we should not be viewed differently no matter how different we really are.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 12-05-2005 at 12:29 PM.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Yes, I like the Beast. Kelsey will do good. Is Alan Cumming going to reprise his role as NightCrawler? He did a good job in X-2.
    No, Nightcrawler is not in X-3.

• Mexihick, y'all

One has to wonder with the continuous introduction of new characters, if the next spin-off to come from this would be a round of X-Factor movies?

• șoș Tom șoș

Alan Cummings shot himself in the foot (figuratively speaking) he pissed off producers and refused to return, his role and place in the next film was tweaked and replaced with Beast, which was also designed as middle finger to Brian Synger as it was his favorite character which he had made huge plan to develop.

Do not expect break off films like X-Factor but rather more films titled under the X-men franchise which may include characters from books like X-Factor, Excaliber, X-Force...

Also in the works is a Wolverine and Magneto spin off.

"X-Men 3" Trailer Details
    Posted: Sunday December 4th, 2005 3:38am
    Source: Sci-Fi Wire
    Author: Garth Franklin

Fox announced that the teaser trailer for its upcoming third X-Men movie, nicknamed X3, will go live on the Internet at Apple.com this Monday, a week before originally planned, and that the trailer will hit theaters on December 14, attached to prints of King Kong.

Sci-Fi Wire got a glimpse of the trailer which reveals several key spoilers about the upcoming movie including the appearance for the first time of two new characters: Angel (Ben Foster), unfolding his large, feathered wings in a laboratory setting, and the furred, blue-skinned Beast (Kelsey Grammer) at what appears to be a memorial service.

The trailer also confirms speculation that the third film would deal with the Dark Phoenix storyline from the Marvel Comics series: A laboratory sequence appears to show the resurrection of Jean Grey (Famke Janssen). Storm (Halle Berry) is seen taking flight. There is a Danger Room combat sequence and a concluding shot that shows the Golden Gate bridge being torn apart, presumably by Magneto.

Magneto also hints at one of the movie's major themes in one of the trailer's only lines of dialogue: "They want to cure us!" he shouts to a group of mutants assembled in a forest. "I say we are the cure!" In keeping with Xavier's warning of great sacrifice, there is a gathering of heroes at what appears to be a memorial service, though the trailer doesn't make clear whose. Several characters from previous films make appearances, including Cyclops, Mystique and Colossus.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 12-05-2005 at 01:59 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

It's a shame Cummings did that, cause I really did like his portrayal of Nightcrawler...I thought it was very true to the original character.

Grammer as Beast will be fantastic. I can't wait to see X3!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, this seems like it will be really good. I also think Grammer was a great fit for Beast. He just envelopes what I had in mind for Beast.

I hope I will be able to take my daughter to it, she loves movies like this but if its to extreme we will have to see. I'll decided closer to the flick.

• Directly directed

I'm exciterated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast