Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Haunted Mansion" Movie Update Thread

Interview with Guillermo del Toro posted on 7/12/11:
    Dialogue: Guillermo del Toro and Katie Holmes of 'Don
    Movies.com: Letís talk about the upcoming projects youíre both involved in.
    Del Toro: There are a lot of people announcing projects that are not real, [but] the real projects are a lot. Iím working on The Hulk for ABC. Weíre developing the series, itís going well, we donít have the pilot screening yet. Frankenstein, Iím writing now. Iím rewriting Haunted Mansion. I just finished writing the third book of the Strain trilogy of novels. My next directing film will be Pacific Rim that starts in November and weíre shopping around the project of Pinocchio.

Interview with Jon Favreau posted on 7/21/11 (video included):
    ĎMagic Kingdomí Director Jon Favreau Talks Disney With Guillermo Del Toro Ľ MTV Movies Blog
    "Magic Kingdom" is but one of many different Disney projects in the works, of course; Guillermo Del Toro's "Haunted Mansion," the recently announced "Matterhorn" adventure movie and the already hugely successful "Pirates of the Caribbean" films come immediately to mind. But unlike what Favreau is used to from his Marvel Studios days, he isn't approaching "Magic Kingdom" like "The Avengers," a massive project founded on various different building blocks over the years.

"I don't think it's going to be like what's being built up in the Marvel universe, where it's all building to one project," he told MTV News of the process during a recent "Cowboys" press event. "'Magic Kingdom,' I have really the pick of the litter of any of the attractions."

That doesn't mean that Favreau is ignoring the other Disney projects that are in development. Indeed, he's frequently speaking with people at Disney, and even fellow filmmakers like Del Toro.

"It's a very interesting group of people," he said. "I talk to other people, like Guillermo, [to see] what's he doing [with 'Haunted Mansion'] so that we're not stepping on each other's toes. And maybe there'll be some fun inside winks. More like how Nick Fury appeared in the first 'Iron Man' film, where it was a fun little Easter egg. And now those are building into a full film in and of itself. You never know where these things go."

• Future Cast Member

Re: "Haunted Mansion" Movie Update Thread

I'm so excited for the new Haunted Mansion movie. And I'm sure it'll be way better than the Pirates series because it seems to be directly focused on the attraction. It'll be great to see a movie with HBG in it.

• Infinitized!

I'm sure it will be great... for evers and evers...

Del Toro is my favorite filmmaker today. He's always entertained me, and creates from the heart. There's always a warmth he brings to his projects. I heard this HM film will interconnect each Mansion in a web of sorts, with the Hat Box Ghost as the lynchpin. An interesting idea, even though I still favor the original attraction's plot. But i guess eddie murphy's movie kinda makes that redundant.

Recap of Comic-Con panel with del Toro and Favreau posted on 7/21/11:
    http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-jon-favreau-comic-con/104143/
    Del Toro addressed the litany of projects heís attached to. He said the perception that heís working on a million things is a virtue of the 24-hour news cycle where more is made out of projects that may be in extremely early stages. He said things are prematurely announced, and mentioned in passing that The Haunted Mansion is on the second or third draft of the screenplay.

When asked which plot his version of The Haunted Mansion will follow, del Toro said there was never a sanctioned version of the story that is ďofficial.Ē He said the film will be scary and there wonít be a comedian in the cast.

Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyorangutan View Post
    recap of comic-con panel with del toro and favreau posted on 7/21/11:
    http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-jon-favreau-comic-con/104143/
    del toro addressed the litany of projects he’s attached to. He said the perception that he’s working on a million things is a virtue of the 24-hour news cycle where more is made out of projects that may be in extremely early stages. He said things are prematurely announced, and mentioned in passing that the haunted mansion is on the second or third draft of the screenplay.

When asked which plot his version of the haunted mansion will follow, del toro said there was never a sanctioned version of the story that is “official.” he said the film will be scary and there won’t be a comedian in the cast.

• Banned User

It's been almost over year since the announcement, and like Spielberg, Guillermo del Toro has too much on his plate. He's currently working on the film Pacific Rim, and has expressed interest on his pride & joy, Hell Boy (another Hell Boy installment). The fact nothing has happened since 2010, its a tale sign that it's in DEVELOPMENT HELL. The fact that the story is being re-written, again. Don't hold your breath for this one.

Toro's only great film was 2006's Pan's Labyrinth, and I highly doubt Disney will allow him to make the tone of the Haunted Mansion like Pan's Labyrinth. Just saying! Remember this guy made the Mimic, LOL

I still enjoy his movies. I know Hellboy wasn't successful, but I like that the films were made anyway. They're visually rich, in a unique way. My favorite part about his dvd releases are the commentaries. He always has interesting stories about his childhood, living in mexico, exploring old catacombs under the city.

Just One word to say is Awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Interview with Guillermo del Toro posted on 7/12/11:
    Dialogue: Guillermo del Toro and Katie Holmes of 'Don
    Movies.com: Let’s talk about the upcoming projects you’re both involved in.
    Del Toro: There are a lot of people announcing projects that are not real, [but] the real projects are a lot. I’m working on The Hulk for ABC. We’re developing the series, it’s going well, we don’t have the pilot screening yet. Frankenstein, I’m writing now. I’m rewriting Haunted Mansion. I just finished writing the third book of the Strain trilogy of novels. My next directing film will be Pacific Rim that starts in November and we’re shopping around the project of Pinocchio.

Interview with Jon Favreau posted on 7/21/11 (video included):
    ‘Magic Kingdom’ Director Jon Favreau Talks Disney With Guillermo Del Toro Ľ MTV Movies Blog
    "Magic Kingdom" is but one of many different Disney projects in the works, of course; Guillermo Del Toro's "Haunted Mansion," the recently announced "Matterhorn" adventure movie and the already hugely successful "Pirates of the Caribbean" films come immediately to mind. But unlike what Favreau is used to from his Marvel Studios days, he isn't approaching "Magic Kingdom" like "The Avengers," a massive project founded on various different building blocks over the years.

"I don't think it's going to be like what's being built up in the Marvel universe, where it's all building to one project," he told MTV News of the process during a recent "Cowboys" press event. "'Magic Kingdom,' I have really the pick of the litter of any of the attractions."

That doesn't mean that Favreau is ignoring the other Disney projects that are in development. Indeed, he's frequently speaking with people at Disney, and even fellow filmmakers like Del Toro.

"It's a very interesting group of people," he said. "I talk to other people, like Guillermo, [to see] what's he doing [with 'Haunted Mansion'] so that we're not stepping on each other's toes. And maybe there'll be some fun inside winks. More like how Nick Fury appeared in the first 'Iron Man' film, where it was a fun little Easter egg. And now those are building into a full film in and of itself. You never know where these things go."

From a transcript of the Comic-Con panel:

Question: Hi to both of you, my question is for Guillermo. I was wondering with THE HAUNTED MANSION would you be using the original back-story of the man buying a house for his wife as your story for the movie?

Guillermo Del Toro: There is really no sanctioned version. You can talk to Tommy. You can talk to the historians in that there was never… It was never quite a sacred story. There are many… It was an amalgam of several sensibilities and several stories; it was not completely congealed into one story. What we are trying to do is we are trying to make it scary, trying to make it… It definitely is not a comedy you know, we don’t have a comedian in the cast.
    [Everyone Laughs and Cheers.]

Guillermo Del Toro: We are trying to make it however an intricate ride, so that it’s a fun, fun scary and that’s the reason why I was very adamant about bringing back the “Hatbox Ghost,” because it’s a legend amongst The Haunted Mansion freaks like myself you know and I own an exact replica life size of the “Hatbox Ghost.”

Jon Favreau: I have seen it.

Guillermo Del Toro: Yeah and it’s exactly replicated from the photographs.

Jon Favreau: In a room that has the wallpaper and everything from…

Guillermo Del Toro: And the gargoyles from the elevator. (Laughs) To me, if I could live anywhere, I would live in The Haunted Mansion, like all year long. It is for me the most beautiful piece of real-estate in the world and what I want to try and do is to try and make that feeling of a world that is incredibly attractive, even if it’s scary. I hope we can do it and we are working very closely with the Imagineers guys, like we are really respectful about that. I had the chance to visit all of the original artwork for The Haunted Mansion. (Laughs) I wish I had brought a rain coat with mouthing to the glare, you know I think when you see… Marc Davis had an imagination that is absolutely out of this world and we are trying to honor that step by step on the process, so God willing we will be succeeding on that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Here's the teaser trailer, leaked from the panel.

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Here's the teaser trailer, leaked from the panel.

That was from Last year's SDCC
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Infinitized!

If they really want to sell this flick, they gotta have Johnny Depp play the Real Estate agent.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    That was from Last year's SDCC
    Oops-popped into my Twitter feed; guess the person was confused as well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    If they really want to sell this flick, they gotta have Johnny Depp play the Real Estate agent.

more depp? hes a sparrow already. when does it come out or if it come sout?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast