Thread: Voltron (2013)

• Banned User

Voltron (2013)

I was an 80s kid, Transfomers was my number 1, He-Man was number 2 and Voltron was my 3rd favorite. The long-awaited live-action Voltron movie is finally happening. It was announced at Comic-Con earlier today! Summer 2013

Ever since Transformers the live-action film debuted, Hollywood went back to 80s material like He-Man, Thundercats, Voltron, etc to create a successful franchise. Remember when you saw Transformers and saw this...

...some strange reason some thought Voltron? All because someone describes something as a LION (Voltron robots are lion-like). Anyway...

It's finally happening. The new movie, which doesn’t have a director or release date yet, is being produced by Charles Roven (The Dark Knight), Richard Suckle (The International), and Jason Netter (Wanted). Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer, who co-wrote Sahara and next month’s Conan the Barbarian, are penning the script.

The film's announcement was made at the end of a Comic-Con panel entitled “Voltron Resurgent,” which also showed off the recently debuted Nicktoons show Voltron Force (which has become a HUGE hit), an upcoming video game, Voltron comic books, and Mattel’s new line of toys. And now, with news of a feature film, it truly is a wonderful time to be an ’80s kid.

Those too young, here's trip back and the toon I knew...

remember how hard it was to find the metal toy version? LOL

Here's the recent new series...

Source: SDCC 2011: VOLTRON movie finally on the way from Relativity and*Atlas - News - GeekTyrant
    Last edited by JMora; 07-21-2011 at 09:49 PM.

• secure all cargo

Re: Voltron (2013)

That's cool. I always preferred Voltron to the Transformers. Actually, I liked Robotech more than either of those, but I haven't heard much about the Lawrence Kasdan Robotech movie for a long time, so I assume that one got put on hold. I'll definitely take Voltron for now.

• Banned User

Re: Voltron (2013)

Official Press release
    In Voltron, an elite battle force defends the fate of mankind in the spectacular action adventure. Five young warriors are responsible for the future of the galaxy when they become pilots of a battalion of ultra-high-tech Robot Lions, powerful vessels with the ability to join together to form a fearsome mega-weapon known as "Voltron."

The original series, based on the Japanese anime properties Beast King GoLion and Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV, aired in the United States for two years and has been described as an "international pop-culture hit" that has garnered a large following over the last 25 years. In recent years, the Voltron property has sold over 300,000 DVDs, established numerous apparel and consumer product deals and has spawned a TV series, "Voltron Force," which became Nicktoon's highest-rated debut ever on June 16, 2011.

The live-action film will be produced by Atlas Entertainment's Roven (The Dark Knight) and Richard Suckle (The International), along with Kickstart Entertainment's Jason Netter (Wanted). World Events Productions' Ted Koplar ("Voltron Force") will executive produce. The script is being penned by Thomas Dean Donnelly (Conan the Barbarian) and Joshua Oppenheimer (Sahara).