• Infinitized!

Red Tails (2012)

The project George Lucas has been working on, in between re-packaging Star Wars over and over again...

Here's the trailer
    trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Hitting theaters January 20, 2012.

• My prices are INSANE!

Re: Red Tails (2012)

I'm actually interested in this one.

Looks good so far.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The project George Lucas has been working on, in between re-packaging Star Wars over and over again...

Here's the trailer
    trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Hitting theaters January 20, 2012.

This has been in the works for over 20 years, and happy to see Cuba Gooding Jr. too. Do you think Lucas, is over compensating his apology, for the racist Jar Jar Binks ? =} The film is directed by Anthony Hemingway , who's directed mostly TV shows like True Blood and The Wire.

As one Afican male stated, "I started this trailer with my tongue in my cheek...but I'll admit...kinda surprised me. Do right by me George...don't make a movie full of tokens."-MrONegative

• Infinitized!

The only thing that put me off a little is the amount of CGI. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Pearl Harbor or Flyboys.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The only thing that put me off a little is the amount of CGI. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Pearl Harbor or Flyboys.
    Unfortunately it will all be CGI.
    There are only a hand full of flyable vintage planes left from World War II.
    As long as ILM doesn't get to Micheal Bay with the camera moves.
    That's CGI's greatest weakness. Just because you can move the camera doesn't mean you have to move it in every single shot.

Stop by my website

• Banned User

Finally! I've been awaiting this movie for over a decade now.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    Unfortunately it will all be CGI.
    There are only a hand full of flyable vintage planes left from World War II.
    As long as ILM doesn't get to Micheal Bay with the camera moves.
    That's CGI's greatest weakness. Just because you can move the camera doesn't mean you have to move it in every single shot.
    They can still use models. Duncan Jones used them in Moon and it looked great - way better than CG. Look at the Endor battle in Return of the Jedi - all models and it looked more realistic than the opening battle scene in Sith.

• keh!

i couldn't make it through the entire trailer. it bored me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i couldn't make it through the entire trailer. it bored me.
    Why?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

the trailer actually looks really good! I know a few of the crew from this film, and their fathers were amongst the red tails, so its good to see the film pull together so well, cant wait to see it

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Banned User

Tuskegee Airmen Gather to Mark 70th Anniversary

By: Nsenga Burton | Posted: August 4, 2011

NPR is reporting that the Tuskegee Airmen have gathered in Washington, D.C., to celebrate their 70th anniversary. America's first black military pilots reunited for their national convention this week.

Pilots in the famed 332nd Fighter Group and other Tuskegee units received their flight training at the Tuskegee Army Air Field in Tuskegee, Ala. Their first official training sessions took place on July 19, 1941.

One of the planes used to train more than 1,000 Tuskegee aviators has been found, after being used as a crop duster and sold on Ebay. This week it will be donated to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Some of the surviving Tuskegee pilots held another, more informal, reunion earlier this year in Florida, and a new film about the airmen, named Red Tails after the nickname given to the Tuskegee fighters' paint job, is coming out in January 2012.

Congratulations to the Tuskegee Airmen, who broke barriers and helped prove that if given the opportunity, African Americans can and will make a difference in this society and for our country.

Read more at NPR.

---------- Post added 08-05-2011 at 09:12 AM ----------

'Red Tails' director talks George Lucas, delays, reshoots - latimes.com

August 3, 2011 | 12:41 pm

George Lucas had yearned for decades to tell the story of the the Tuskegee Airmen, the all-black fighter squad of World War II. He penned the story, but it was only in the last four years that he was able to make it happen. (The film, directed by Anthony Hemingway, will open in January.) According to Hemingway, much of the delay stemmed from Lucas' inability to find the right pool of talent; both young African American actors and an African American director to helm the movie.

Hemingway nabbed the director's slot in 2008. A veteran television director on such series as HBO's "Treme" and "True Blood," and an assistant director on features working for filmmakers including Jonathan Demme and Michael Mann, Hemingway caught the eye of Lucas, who was a fan of his work on "The Wire."

"It was very scary," said Hemingway of preparing to meet with Lucas. "I'm meeting George Lucas on this scale. I'm going to be competing against all my peers for the opportunity of a lifetime. I guess I showed them I was ready."

Hemingway began his 50-day shoot in Prague and Croatia back in February 2009 and upon delivery of the film in early summer, he gave Lucas and his producing partner Rick McCallum notes on what additonal scenes he'd like shot. Unfortunately, the director had also signed on--with McCallum's and Lucas' blessings--to direct and produce the first season of "Treme," which began shooting that October. When the two weeks of reshoots were finally given the go-ahead, Hemingway was set to begin his lengthy "Treme" obligation, a commitment that lasted until May 2010.

"We all knew there was going to be additional photography. It wasn't a surprise. But it really hurt when it all happened. I would never have walked away from the film. It was my primary obligation," says Hemingway.

The director says the reshoots weren't extensive but were little character moments and effects-driven scenes that were needed to "make things clear; to strengthen individual characters." And those scenes were overseen by Lucas and McCallum, with Hemingway contributing from afar.

Hemingway stepped back into the movie last summer, to work with Industrial Light & Magic, and their effects partner in Prague, UPP, to oversee the 1,500 effects shots that had to be created for the movie, one that came with a relatively modest budget of $30 million.

The trio finally completed what Hemingway calls "an indie film" just recently--spending an additional year fine-tuning the effects and finalizing a deal with longtime Lucas distributor 20th Century Fox, for a January release.

The time, according to Hemingway, has been an "intense labor of love." He continues, "This is almost like a two-year pregnancy. I'm so ready for this to be taken out of me."

He'll get his wish on Jan. 20.

• My prices are INSANE!

Here's the movie poster.

Stop by my website