• Future Cast Member

The Angry Birds Thread

http://www.rovio.com/img/angrybirds_big.jpg

“Lemme tell ya, these ain’t no ordinary finches we’re talkin’ about. These here are the Angry Birds, the ones that’s gonna kick you in the ‘nads. And they’re the ones on your side. They must be from Galapadapados, or sumptin’.” – Col. Angus, Bird Expert.

The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the Birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the Angry Birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles.

Angry Birds features hours of gameplay, challenging physics-based castle demolition, and lots of replay value. Each of the 120 levels requires logic, skill, and brute force to crush the enemy.

Protect wildlife or play Angry Birds!

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 01:40 PM ----------

This thread is for Angry Birds fans to talk about Angry Birds! I first got the trial version when it came out for the Palm Pixi Plus. My youngest brother, who's now 5, played it with me and he wanted me to get the full version so I did, and it turned out he was better than me or any of my family on all the levels! I got the Seasons version, too. Now I have an iPhone and currently only have the trial versions, but I'm going to finally buy the full ones tonight when my mom gets home so she can get it through her iTunes and I'll just give her the cash for it, because she has an iPhone, too, so we share apps. The Pixi didn't have Rio, so I'm very excited about that one. I love Angry Birds and I can't wait until the Facebook game and movie/tv series comes out. I play it on Google Chrome sometimes, too, since it's free, but I don't have the Windows version, but I like it better on the phone, anyway, and I'm glad my iPhone has a much bigger screen to play it, too. I also have a green pig plush that I got Saturday, I'll post a picture of it later when I can find my camera. I was just wondering who else loves Angry Birds and how you discovered it and what Angry Birds apps you have or where you play it, and any other Angry Birds merchandise you have?

Also, what's everyone's favorite bird/character? Outside of the game, looking only at the Angry Birds world and not gameplay, I love the piggies. They're so cute and fat. The red bird is my favorite because he just really symbolizes the game, and his design is cute. I also like the chicken, because it's a chicken. My little brother love the boomerang bird, and is mad that Angry Birds doesn't sell the boomerang bird plush. In the game, though, I hate the pigs when they laugh at you because you didn't defeat a level, and my favorite bird is the bomb bird because it's so destructive.

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

By the way, I put this in entertainment, because even though Angry Birds might fall under "digital gaming", it has videos and merchandise and board games and is supposed to be developing into a movie or tv show, so I think of it more as an entertainment franchise.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-13-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: The Angry Birds Thread

I think Angry Birds is kinda dumb but downloaded the original and Rio versions on my ipod just to see what the hype was about. I play them sometimes before I go to bed but they are pretty frustrating! The Rio version is better and it's a lot easier to pass the levels.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Hukuna Matata!

Angry birds is great. At times I get tired of it sometimes but I always come back for more.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love me some Angry Birds. I have all 3 versions (regular, Rio & Seasons) on my iPhone. I even broke down and bought the Mighty Eagle add-on for the regular and Seasons versions . I think I like the Rio version the best. I've gotten through all the levels so far but while waiting for new levels to come out, I got back and work on getting 3 stars for each level. Some of those levels are TRICKY! I'll practically obliterate everything in sight and only get 1 or 2 stars... WTH? So annoying. But it's a great timesuck and good way to relieve stress... by flinging birds at pigs.