Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: Star Wars fans starting boycott of Blu-Ray edition

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    With that attitude, you're well on your way to the dark side! But seriously, I see very little "fact" in your statements. Just opinions and hear-say of the time and not reflective of EVERY one.
    Is there something wrong with my opinion? I apologize for not indulging in a full-fledged essay about Lucas' arrogance and the perfection of the originals, I simply don't have the time. And not a single fan on any Star Wars forum or here at MC has said anything "reflective of everyone" about the BR release (except for the fact that Lucas is an arrogant person).

• Rock Star Minion

Spike had the whole series on in HD. Saw Ep V, and thought that Yoda was CG'd in some scenes. Is that true?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Is there something wrong with my opinion?
    When one paints with broad strokes to call everyone 'childish' and annoying... and go on to make claims like

And surprisingly the same films that were belittled by the fans are now called "perfect"
    Jumps from your opinion to trying to make claims that apply to all.. with no basis for it.

I saw the original films in the theater - and I don't recall your quoted beefs at all. Except the ewoks.. not everyone was down with the teddy bears.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

What's amazing is some of the editing work that is being done by the fans of the franchise (removing certain SE additions, updating effects that need updating, and just making a better overall movie).
    I watched the New Hope revisit and was blown away by the additions and the subtractions. Amazing stuff.

Here are the trailer and a preview of the first Death Star Battle

List of changes he made to A New Hope
    STAR WARS: EP IV 2004 **REVISITED** ADYWAN **720p HD version coming after ROTJ:R* (Page 1) - adywan - July 19, 2006 at 8:12 PM - originaltrilogy.com forum
    Here is a trailer for the upcoming Empire revisit

List of changes he is making to Empire
    STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"**ADYWAN** - **EXTENDED TRAILER NOW AVAILABLE** (Page 1) - adywan - February 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM - originaltrilogy.com forum

and yes 720p will be out eventually
    Last edited by Brisal73; 09-06-2011 at 08:30 PM.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    When one paints with broad strokes to call everyone 'childish' and annoying...
    I didn't say "everyone" was childish or annoying did I? Because that would be a massive generalization. An opinion is an opinion, nothing more. What makes my opinion greater or lesser than yours? nothing. I was born in 1995 so I'm neither an OT fan or a PT fan, and I'm certainly not offended by these changes to the point that I would cry over them.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I didn't say "everyone" was childish or annoying did I? Because that would be a massive generalization
    Yeah only painting the broad strokes of 'star wars fans'... just who do you think would be in a thread like this? Or how many millions of people would you think fall under that title?

The 'my opinion' defense doesn't work when what you are really doing is stereotyping with generalizations. Then it's your opinion that is ALSO stereotyping and making unsubstantiated claims. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion - but not their own facts.

Brisal - thanks for those vids.. I was not aware of those initiatives.. pretty cool!!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Yeah only painting the broad strokes of 'star wars fans'... just who do you think would be in a thread like this? Or how many millions of people would you think fall under that title?

The 'my opinion' defense doesn't work when what you are really doing is stereotyping with generalizations. Then it's your opinion that is ALSO stereotyping and making unsubstantiated claims. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion - but not their own facts.
    For the record, I said Star Wars hardcore fans/fanboys. I was careful not to simply say Star Wars fans because I'm a devout one myself. I still don't see where I made such alleged "generalizations".

I'm a huge fan but no where near being a fanboy (with the costumed conventions and all). Star Wars (as in I, II, III, IV, V, VI and not just IV, V, VI) is and always will be my favorite film franchise.

@Brisal73 - Thanks for the videos! Lucas needs to have people like them who care about the films and not the zombies at Lucasfilm and ILM.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I feel like Lucas has taken great strides to polish his Diamond into dust, but tis nothing new, he had been ruining Star Wars for me since Episode 1.

If you told my 15 year old past self that Star Wars would soon suck, I would have never believed you, but there it is…

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

For the record, I said Star Wars hardcore fans/fanboys. I was careful not to simply say Star Wars fans because I'm a devout one myself. I still don't see where I made such alleged "generalizations".

I'm a huge fan but no where near being a fanboy (with the costumed conventions and all). Star Wars (as in I, II, III, IV, V, VI and not just IV, V, VI) is and always will be my favorite film franchise.

Does one have to dress up at a convention to be a "hardcore fanboy"? I'm just someone who loves these films not because they're that insanely good but they did change my life for better or worse. Now Lucas is changing the films for the worse and that really upsets me.

And I really don't think you need to be a fanboy to be upset when bad decisions are made. I'd feel this way about other movies too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    If you told my 15 year old past self that Star Wars would soon suck, I would have never believed you, but there it is…
    What if someone told you to "search your feelings, you know it to be true"?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

LOL, more like

I got keep it old school.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

pshh.. This is old school.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Several years ago he said the originals are 25-30% of what he envisioned them to be so expect a lot more changes on the way.
    The notion of a preconceived plan is the biggest myth regarding Star Wars and only supported by Lucas' commitment to telling this story since the mid-to-late 1990s when he decided to pursue the prequel trilogy. Lucas stated in the 1970s that he envisioned Star Wars as the first installment of a twelve part serial of loosely connected stories, likely not seeing the same characters again except for an episode regarding young Obi-Wan and his training of Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader, who were two separate characters until late in the development of The Empire Strikes Back. When Lucas decided on a new sequel instead of just filming Splinter of the Mind's Eye as planned, he hired Leigh Brackett to do most of the work before she passed away. How can the original trilogy only be a fraction of what Lucas claims to have envisioned when he was publicly talking about a very different series, there was a different sequel written until a new direction was decided upon and he only reasserted his involvement after sparring with Irvin Kershner?

• Circle of Ancients

^ Not just that, but there are WAY too many inconsistencies between the Original/Prequel trilogies for that to possibly be true. I find it funny that Lucas was so concerned about making the prequels pretty, that he didn't even try to make the universes "mesh", even with his beloved Special Editions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast