Hello fellow Micechatters.

I just saw the teaser trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special today, and it's really whet my appetite! It doesn't show anything more than a rotating Christmas tree, but boy it's got me going!

I was lucky enough to catch some of the filming of the episode (entitled "The Christmas Invasion") earlier this year, when they dressed a very summery Cardiff up in its winter finery. My girlfriend's sister stars in it as well and was able to brief me about some of the plot details. Don't worry though, I'm not about to give anything away! (Except to say; mind controlled zombies! Global invasion!)

I was really impressed with series 1 - I remember watching the original show when I was a boy, and was heartbroken when the BBC cancelled it.
I know a lot of people have been unhappy with Russel T. Davies's new treatment of the series, but I have to say I think he's done a great job. I was worried when I heard the man behind ***** As Folk was taking charge of the programme, but his experience in serious drama has stood him in good stead. We finally have character development!

The episode goes out on Christmas Day on BBC1.

Good news for all you American fans, by the way. You may not have got the series on TV over there yet, but the BBC have just anounced they are releasing the Series 1 box set in the States next February. And if you're still not sure what on Earth I'm talking about, the show's official website can be found by following this link: www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho