Disney Store Mall of America

Ok, so last I heard, the new Disney Store at the Mall of America was due to open Fall 2011. Does anyone have an exact date? I can't wait to see the new store in person!

• Minion

Re: Disney Store Mall of America

Nope. Kinda wondering if some of the old propping will make the transition like the Hook, Tink, Crocodile and Broom figures.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

I work at the Disney Store at the MOA. We were supposed to open officially on the 12th, however, the mall pushed back our grand opening date to the 29th of October. We will still have our soft opening on the 12th, however, it won't be the GRAND opening with all the fun stuff. As far as I know, none of the propping will be moved to the new store. The new store follows the ImagiNation Park design which is amazing and has some other wonderful props to go with it. I hope we can see you guys there.

Thanks for the response, Erin! We were thinking of going to the Mall this weekend, but I'm thinking a delay might be necessary now that we know the new Disney Store will be open soon. Can't wait!

So, is the store still soft opening on October 12th? We're planning to go this weekend, but could put it off if there will be a delay. Also, where is it located within the Mall?

By the way, I just noticed that this was your first post, Erin. Welcome to the MiceChat Forums!

Tomorrow (October 12, 2011) will still be the soft opening. The new store will have an opening ceremony every day we are open. The stores will also have a closing ceremony as well. The new store is located between Macy's and Bloomingdale's, right next to American Eagle on the first floor almost across from lego land.
    If you were wanting to see Mickey and Minnie, they won't be there until the 29th of October. If you want to keep track of information, they currently have it all listed under the events section of the official mall of america web page and it should also be on the Disney Store web page (although, I haven't looked recently).
    I sure hope you guys get to make it. You will LOVE it. The new store is amazing!

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks, Erin! We'll be coming this weekend for sure. This is so exciting!

Sounds great! I might even see you there, as I work Saturday morning. I absolutely love playing in this new store, and I know you and your family will too!

We went to the new Disney Store Saturday afternoon (sorry we missed you, Erin!) and just loved all the details. It was so much fun to explore and a major improvement over the most recent store at the Mall.

Our only complaint was that it seemed so small! It was already crowded and the new location wasn't even on the official maps yet. I get the feeling that Disney has underestimated their popularity. No matter, though. We had a wonderful time and will be returning soon!

Oh, and thanks again for the tips on the opening date and new location, Erin!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.