The Continuing "Save Disney" Campaign

Many Disney stakeholders are of the opinion that the problem, which was the fundamental justification for the shareholder revolt of 2003, has not been resolved. The Walt Disney Company, which was, at one time, synonymous with imagination, remains creatively-bankrupt due in large part to the dysfunctional organizational structure and culture and to the toxic internal politics that are driving and have driven talent from the company ever since President and C.O.O. Frank G. Wells died in 1994.

Creation of intellectual property with lasting value has historically been the core competency of the institution, but that capability has all but vanished in recent years. So, how do Disney's stakeholders, particularly its shareholders, respond to this untenable situation?

I ask MiceChat moderators to eventually make this discussion "sticky" so that news in this area can be compiled in one place and so that the continuation of the "Save Disney" campaign that the late Roy E. Disney spearheaded can be sustained and expanded through MiceChat and through other social-media platforms.

• Banned User

Re: The Continuing "Save Disney" Campaign

The Disney CO is doing great under Bob Iger, both creativley and financially. Hardly in a state to "save" it.

I totally agree with this, and i want to get more involved. What can I do to help?
    -Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on MiceChat.

Facebook <Feel Free to add me, just say you're from Micechat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    remains creatively-bankrup
    Creatively bankrupt? Absolutely not. Just because you haven't heard of original projects does not meant they don't exist. In fact, Imagineering-wise, there are a few original ideas gaining momentous steam and traction right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo4brains1 View Post
    I totally agree with this, and i want to get more involved. What can I do to help?
    Keep track of this thread. Certain Web-sites were instrumental in the Save Disney campaign, and I'm sure they will continue to be so. MiceChat was among them. CBS MarketWatch was another. And, I'll try to do my best to link everything together so that something is able to be done in the absence of Roy E. Disney.

His daughter is still alive, and, while she had always attempted to keep her life divorced from the family business, during the shareholder revolt, she did take more of an interest in seeing that her father's efforts would be successful even if he didn't live to see the end of the fight.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 09-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.

• I also like Stitch!

I really wish that Walt's great nice will continue to help the company and keep Mr. Iger from being corrupted like what happened to Eisner. RIP Roy. You renewed my faith in Disney and you will always be dearly missed.