• It's great, when are they going to add a ride at DL? - *****

7 58.33%
  • Excellent, I am buying the video - ****

4 33.33%
  • A good film, I will recomend people to see it - ***

0 0%
  • Uhg, I am not certain - ** and below

0 0%
  • I am going to wait for video or the lines dying down...

1 8.33%

•   
    • Minion

MiceChatters Narnia opening

Well, todays the day... What ya think?
    Check out my other blog:

Thumbs up Re: MiceChatters Narnia opening

Well, i am very special on this topic, because i have already seen it, I went to the premiere in Downtown Disney at 6:45 pm last evening Dec 8th. It was open to cast of the ovie and their familys, also 2 theaters exclusivly open to Biola students, also Biola Star students. My review was it was really awesome, we sat in the far back, some 200 seats away, it had alot of moments of laughing, and some inside jokes, you have to read the book to get, that got hooping and applause, also some crying at some parts. The movie experince was a great one, so i hear, i had to get there at 6:35, so i didnt get to see too much of what else was going on. In the movie theater one guy while the producer was walking around answering a few questions through a wireless mic, decided that he would like to propose to his lady that night, all very magical and great start to the movie. I am also going tomorrow to the El Capitan to see it again with a group of 30 or so friends at 2:00, also i hear the wardrobe is at the Cap. and some Narnia sets. All in all the best movie Disney has made so far, best special effects and alot of play between characters both human and Narnian. You should go see it!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Disney Memory Maker

Post Re: MiceChatters Narnia opening

I haven't seen it yet, but I will definitely see it in the upcoming weeks.

Here are the Weekend One box office predictions...
    Boxofficeguru: $45m
    Boxofficemojo: $52m
    Boxofficemojo (derby/forums): $63.3m
    Boxofficereport: $54m

Just as a comparison, the LotR films opened at $47m, $62m & $72m. The HP films have opened at $90m, $88m, $93m & $102m. PotC opened at $46m & Star Wars Episode I opened at $64m.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: MiceChatters Narnia opening

Please excuse me if this sounds quite sappy. I really loved this movie! In the Disney tradition of taking classic children's tales and bringing them to the big screen, they have done an exellent job with Narnia! As a child my Aunt read these stories to me and started with "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" Seeing the story come to life brought tears to my eyes as I remembered the wonderful evenings of listening to Aunt Jeri read the story to me as I anxiously awaited what would come next. To top it all off the scenery was breathtaking as what was only in my imagination came to life right before my very eyes.

Wow...I must have eaten too much popcorn to write a review like that LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: MiceChatters Narnia opening

So, if someone hasn't read the books, would theybe very lost?
    I'll see it on the big screen even so, i'm just wondering if Il'l be more confused than usual.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disney Memory Maker

FRIDAY ESTIMATES
    $23.9m

Family films tend to do better on saturdays and dip back to friday numbers on sunday. Combine this with the big snowstorm on friday in the northeast (it is mostly cleaned up by now), this will be an amazing weekend for Narnia. Look for a weekend total in the upper $60/mid $70 millions.

-Michael
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 12-10-2005 at 11:57 AM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

NNL- I have never read the books and I really loved it. Its quite enchanting, and frankly, it was much more to my tastes than the LOTR. Its entertaining, visually stunning, and totally engaging. I sat amongst a class of maybe 3rd graders and it was wonderful to see their reactions. At the relatively small theater I go to, there were lines for every show and every show was completely sold out. I think word of mouth will really sell this film because no one could stop talking about it after they saw it.

I think this will be a winner for Disney and no doubt they will make more of them. The children are really wonderful as well. Their casting was great. I don't know how well they match up with the characters in the books, but in my opinion, they carried the film- it wouldn't have been as engaging without such strong performances from them.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Disney Memory Maker

Estimates have changed slightly. The Friday estimates are now $23.9m (before it was $23.4m)

• Still wants to be a cat!

Waiting until Dec 27th to see this movie. Got VIP tickets at the El Capitan that afternoon. Never been to the theater, so should make for a real special outing! Really looking forward to it, by the sounds of your critiques!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• ROFLCOPTER

Wow, what a great movie. From the awsome german Bomber scene to the LOTR stlye battle it was a very good. **** out of *****

Did any one notice that one of the Professors 'Historicall Artifact' was one of the eagle statues in the lobby of ToT?
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Disney Memory Maker

Just to show how great Friday's numbers are.... Boxofficereport has put up a revised weekend estimate of $70m. Disney must be so happy, they now have 2 major franchises (Nania & PotC).

-Michael

• Infinitized!

Just got back from the theater watching Narnia - I really enjoyed it! It is lighter than LOTR but very enjoyable. Already looking forward to Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as well as the others.

I think Aslan is related to that guy that was training Batman and Obi-Wan...

• Disney Memory Maker

Narnia has made an estimated $67.1m over the weekend. However, look for that figure to probably rise when the actual numbers come out (because a lot of christians are going out today after church). To put this number in perspective it's a better opening then PotC, Episode I & the first 2 LotR movies. It is also right behind the numbers for the 3rd LotR. Also, this is the 23rd biggest opening of all time and the 3rd biggest opener of the year (behind HP4 & Episode III). This is also Disney's biggest live-action opening and 3rd biggest opening overall (behind The Incredibles and Nemo).

-Michael