Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• WDW will always be home.

Steve Jobs, Disney Board Member and Single Largest Individual Shareholder, Dies at 56

Steve Jobs, Disney board member, former CEO of Pixar, Executive Producer of Toy Story, and the single largest individual shareholder of The Walt Disney Company with an ownership of 7% of the Company, has passed away according to Apple Inc. - the company Jobs helped found and recently resigned as CEO from.

Apple - Remembering Steve Jobs

This has obvious implications for TWDC as far as what will happen to his seat on the board and ownership of the company. I imagine we'll find out about that in the days and months ahead.

More importantly though, this is a truly sad occasion as the world lost a creative visionary today Of course, thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family of Steve.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Steve Jobs has Died : (

Apple

A true visionary who helped bring so much amazing technology to life. Taken way too early.

• My Own Oasis

Steve Jobs has Died

Steve Jobs an Executive Producer of Toy Story and large part of Pixar's early history has passed away today.

Steve Jobs: Ex-Apple CEO Dies - ABC News

Apple also has a little tribute on their main page.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Steve Jobs has Died

Just saw that....madness. Very sad to hear of such, as the guy seemingly was a visionary in his field and knew quality when he saw it. Thoughts to all friends, family, and co-workers...he helped immensely with PIXAR in the early years.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Very sad news indeed. This man worked right up until the end. He thrived on creating innovative new things and ideas. He pushed the envelope and the technology to be better, more user friendly.

He turned Apple into a powerhouse and Pixar into one of the most successful film franchises of all time.

Steve, you were a visionary whom we will not soon forget.

iRemember Steve Jobs
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-06-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

His reality distortion field couldn't keep him from being mortal. Whether you loved Apple, hated it or were indifferent to it, the fact remains that the company played a major part in the history of the personal computer, and Steve Jobs was a major part of that history.

Rest well Mr. Jobs, as you reboot on the other side....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Definitely sad. I live in the Bay Area and that's all you see on every news channel right now. Steve Jobs was a genius at his work, he knew how to market to people, and his company just makes great products.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Apple has given their entire front page over to Steve. A touching gesture from such a huge company.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• My Own Oasis

via Lee Unkrich (Director of Toy Story 3) Twitter wall:

"Steve Jobs was an amazing human being, and I will miss him dearly."

• WDW will always be home.

It's hard to ignore the parallels with Walt here - a creative visionary and futurist, whose impact both within his field and beyond can hardly be overstated, taken too early by a devastating disease. The world will forever be deprived of what Steve could have done next.

Some twitter reactions from around The Walt Disney Company:

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich
    Steve Jobs was an amazing human being, and I will miss him dearly.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Alex Wright
    Da Vinci, Edison, Disney, and Jobs...the Mt. Rushmore of Thinking Differently...
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Jason Grandt
    Just like Walt, we all sit and wonder what could have been if Steve had lived to 70, 80 or beyond... What would have been Steve's EPCOT?
    Source

He inspired those who worked on the attraction RT @990Square: @43SquareMiles i will remember Jobs on my next ride on Spaceship Earth
    Source

Something fun will becoming to the Magic Kingdom and we stole a move from Steve's playbook to make it happen... Thank you Steve
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Jason Surrell
    The Lamp doesn't burn as brightly tonight, and we've lost another true American original much too soon.
    Source
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Apple has given their entire front page over to Steve. A touching gesture from such a huge company.
    I think that's definitely fitting, especially since he is one of the founders. He was the heartbeat of the company for so long. Apple will never be the same without Steve, he was the genius behind the products. The technology industry won't be the same either. He'll definitely be missed.

• My Own Oasis

Couldn't agree more to the comparisons to Walt. Both were visionaries. Both did things against the advisement of others because they wouldn't quit on their radical ideas. And both have changed the world in a multitude of ways.

My favorite Steve Jobs Quote:

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to...love what you do."-Steve Jobs

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Steve Jobs, Apple Founder, dies at 56.

(CNN) -- Steve Jobs, the visionary in the black turtleneck who co-founded Apple in a Silicon Valley garage, built it into the world's leading tech company and led a mobile-computing revolution with wildly popular devices such as the iPhone, died Wednesday. He was 56.
    The hard-driving executive pioneered the concept of the personal computer and of navigating them by clicking onscreen images with a mouse. In more recent years, he introduced the iPod portable music player, the iPhone and the iPad tablet -- all of which changed how we consume content in the digital age.

(more) Steve Jobs, Apple founder, dies - CNN.com
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Last edited by dland_lover; 10-05-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Replaced hotlinked picture with link, per MiceChat policy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast