• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Disney Store - Discount Store

Shortly after the Disney Stores were purchased last year by the Childrens Place, it was announced that they would be opening 5 Disney Outlet Stores throughout the U.S.

Yesterday I stopped by the "new" outlet store that opened at Arizona Mills in Tempe, AZ. This store had most of the look of the new design for the Disney Stores, which makes it look like a cut rate K-Mart (just so there's no mistake, THAT is NOT a good thing!)

OK, I was willing to accept the crappy look of the store, because it's one of their 5 new OUTLET stores in the country AND that the prices would be lower than the other Disney Stores, right!!!! At the entrance to the Store it even said OUTLET Disney Store!

Well, I looked through the various Items in the store, and you know what?!? They had the SAME EXACT prices and merchandise as the other Local Disney Stores. (Which included buy one toy, get one free, 50% off Christmas items, beanies 2 for $10, and a couple other exact same specials.)

I guess by "Outlet" they meant no video screen. And the tile and white plastic fixtures (which is now the norm of the Disney Store) make it look like The Disney Store, 3rd World Country. And Just to let you know how K-Martish it looks, large windows with white boarders on either side of the entrance, and instead of a big red "K', it's a big red circle for the entrance with a couple of red circles for ears, above the entry.

This certainly doesn't do anything making the Disney Stores a Magical Experience. Makes me think that Disney Selling their Stores was a HUGE mistake, especially if the new owner makes Disney look so crappy.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Disney Store - Discount Store

Thanks for the info

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Personally, I feel that way about EVERY store at AZ Mills- they all say "outlet", but to me, the prices aren't that great. Your news doesn't really surprise me. Its unfortunate really. www.disneyoutlet.com actually does have some good deals. It is possible to get discounts through Disney, it just takes patience, but they do discount their prices eventually.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Know More Than You Should

II have a thread I posted a while back with some pictures of the new Disney stores, for those of you that have yet to see them.

It's nothing to write home about, let me tell you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Personally, I feel that way about EVERY store at AZ Mills- they all say "outlet", but to me, the prices aren't that great. Your news doesn't really surprise me. Its unfortunate really. www.disneyoutlet.com actually does have some good deals. It is possible to get discounts through Disney, it just takes patience, but they do discount their prices eventually.
    I didn't know Disney was using that web name for themselves. That certainly adds to the confusion of the difference between the Disney Stores, the Disney Catalog, Disney Auctions, products offered through the Parks, and the AMS Character Warehouse. I was able to find the Disney Outlet site through the DisneyDirect.com. In fact, I just received the 50th DL Leather Jacket today ~ Original Price was $219 and I got it for $119. The jacket is pretty nice, but surprised that it is a dark brown, the Catalog and online pics make it look black. It's a lighter weight leather jacket than the spendy one they have in the park, but still nice, and a GREAT DEAL.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSecti...duct_Id=181873

Be sure to look at the zoom picture, the back of the jacket
    has a retro style map of DL.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I agree, it is confusing. Even more confusing is the fact that there are two disney auction sites- one to liquidate items from the Disney Store and another for collectibles, artifacts, etc.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

I have no clue who is controlling Disneyshopping.com but if it is Childrens Place like the stores, I think we will see the name being dragged through the mud!! Case in point is that they are having a "30% entire site" sale but many of the sale/outlet prices have been raised more than 30% overnight! Example is the Ursula Candelabra was $39.99 yesterday and today is $59.99 and than 30% off which makes it $41.99!! That is actually $2 more on sale!! There are MANY items they did this to! They are out to tarnish the Disney name!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I just got back fron Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix and all I can say about the new look of the Disney Store there is.....well I can't say it on these boards. I don't even want to know about the look of a "outlet" store, but the craptastic look of the new store made me want to go shopping at Goodwill. And to add insult to injury, I was more interested by the decor of The Gap than I was with the Disney Store.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Hi DL!

The Outlet Store at Arizona Mills the exact same crappy entry
    and the inside looks exactly the same, BUT MINUS some of the
    "Plusses" the the PV store has.

Yeah, I know that sounds confusing, considering that the PV
    store looks worse than a K-Mart! But picture the PV Disney
    Store without the fancy lighting unit over the Sorcerer Mickey,
    REMOVE the dressing room, REMOVE the Large Mickey Glove and
    Mickey Yellow Shoe bins at the front register, REMOVE the small
    Tic Toc Crock figure by the dressing room, and REMOVE the Video
    Screen and Curtains surrounding it. And Remove any ceiling tile to
    expose just the frame support for it. KEEP all the white plastic
    cheap looking shelves with elastic rope, white walls and white
    cash register counter, and you have all the charm of an operating room.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbguy
    I have no clue who is controlling Disneyshopping.com but if it is Childrens Place like the stores, I think we will see the name being dragged through the mud!! Case in point is that they are having a "30% entire site" sale but many of the sale/outlet prices have been raised more than 30% overnight! Example is the Ursula Candelabra was $39.99 yesterday and today is $59.99 and than 30% off which makes it $41.99!! That is actually $2 more on sale!! There are MANY items they did this to! They are out to tarnish the Disney name!
    Disneyshopping.com is fully owned and run by the Walt Disney Co. As are Disneyoutlet.com, DisneyDeals.com and DisneyAuctions.com.

I am not sure if there's a new DisneyStore.com, but if there is it is run by Children's Place.

Disney only owns the Disney Stores in Europe. CP owns them in the USA and Oriental Land Company owns them in Japan.

Confused yet?

Disney Parks runs the World of Disney store in NYC (formerly the flagship store in the DS chain) as well as shops at Orlando International and Pointe Orlando.

WDW runs about 6-7 outlet stores in Florida under the names of Character Premiere and Character Warehouse, while AMS (a liquidation company) has one permanent location in Fullerton, CA operating under the name Character Warehouse and often opens stores all around the country for weeks or months at a time under the same name. They also often carry Universal Studios mrechandise, although never in the Fullerton store. Finally, there's a Character Corner outlet just minutes from WDW on SR 535 that is privately owned, that sells WDW merchandise and often test runs and defects that were never on sale in the parks.

WHEW!!!! any ?s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    II have a thread I posted a while back with some pictures of the new Disney stores, for those of you that have yet to see them.

It's nothing to write home about, let me tell you.
    Can you provide a link to those pictures? I can't find the thread.

• HM Enthusiast

The Paradise Valley Mall store is ok, but it lack the kind of touch that the Fashion Square Mall store has. I miss the characters hanging from the ceiling, and the artwork on the top of the walls.
    We've been...dying...to have you.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I just got this email a couple days ago:

Disney's Character Warehouse wants to thank you for shopping our store at the Orangefair Marketplace in Fullerton. A new shipment of Disney merchandise has just arrived!

ATTENTION ALL DISNEY PIN TRADERS, we have just received in several new styles of 50th Anniversary Trading Pins. Please shop early for the best selection of merchandise!

Planning a trip to Las Vegas? Our store in Las Vegas recently received a brand new shipment of 50th Anniversary Merchandise! They just received in leather jackets, adult & kids apparel, pins, frames, clocks, watches and much, much, more!

As an added bonus for signing our email list, we would like to give you an ADDITIONAL 10% off of your purchase! Please Print out this email and bring it to either the Fullerton or Las Vegas location! We hope you have enjoyed shopping with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store
    Orangefair Marketplace
    243 Orangefair Mall
    Fullerton, CA 92832
    (714) 870-9363
    Hours of operation are Monday - Saturday 9am - 9pm, and Sunday 9am - 8pm

Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store
    Annex at Las Vegas Factory Outlets
    7400 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Suite A-1
    Las Vegas, NV 89123
    (702) 260-8144
    Hours of operation are Monday - Saturday 10am - 9pm, and Sunday 11am - 6pm
    Funny thing is, I've never actually been to the store! I signed up for the email list back at the NFFC convention last summer. I've been meaning to go but everytime I get down to O.C. it slips my mind.

You can sign up for their email list here, according to the link at the bottom of the email.
    --Jonathan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Not to confuse things, but this thread is talking about the
    the Disney Discount Store, that is associated with
    The Disney Stores,

The Disney Character Warehouse is a different creature,
    which specializes in discontinued merchandise, primarily
    from Disneyland, with a few things from WDW. Whenever
    I visit DL, I do stop by the Character Warehouse, but they
    do not typically stock any pins. For anyone who hasn't
    visited the Character Warehouse, it is only a couple miles
    north of DL ~ and usually worth the trip.

Now back to the Disney Store Discount Store: