Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

Which Harry Potter are you getting?

I'm curious. Which version of the Harry Potter movies are you guys getting?

Are you going to buy the last movie individually because you already have the other 7 in your library?

Are you like me and don't have any of the previous films and have pre-ordered the "bare minimum" box set?

Or are you the super Potter-head who is importing the 20+ disc version of the box set (8 DVDs, 8 Blurays, 8 Digital Copies, + Special Feature discs) from the UK since it is Region Free?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Which Harry Potter are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Or are you the super Potter-head who is importing the 20+ disc version of the box set (8 DVDs, 8 Blurays, 8 Digital Copies, + Special Feature discs) from the UK since it is Region Free?
    I must look into this.

So far though, since I have the rest on Blu Ray already I'll most likely be getting the one from Target that has the extra 40 minutes of footage.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't know, because I am just going to put it on my Christmas list.

• Disneyland PAP

The Target one. Then, a year from now, I'll look forward to scrutinizing what the ultimate complete bloated collection set is all about and consider the dreaded "double dip" or not.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't know if I need all that backstory movie business, or even deleted scenes.

I'd like them to redo Movies 4, 5, and 6, and put in some of the important story items required for Movie 7.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    The Target one. Then, a year from now, I'll look forward to scrutinizing what the ultimate complete bloated collection set is all about and consider the dreaded "double dip" or not.
    Ah, double dipping. I had to do that just to bring my Pixar collection up to date, but that felt worth the trouble.

The Potter Heads I've been observing seem to want the box set to be on par with the LOST box set. All the movies, exclusive special features, "feelies" like a wand or a replica of some other prop, etc. ...

I don't think we'll be getting that version for another year, like you said. Or at least released during an anniversary year.

• Disneyland PAP

^ It's funny you should call them "feelies". I'd never heard that term before, but it is interesting because if you go search WBShop.com for Deathly Hallows Part 2, I think there's five different, exclusive variations of gift-with-purchase for the home video release, all including some different kind of feelie. I appreciate WB Home Entertainment for all the work they've put into their Blu-ray collector's set releases over the past couple of years. I bought the big box editions for The Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind plus their online briefcase edition for Inception. But they obviously feel there's a tremendous market for feelies with Harry Potter in particular!

• Infinitized!

Don't forget, get Harry soon as Warner Bros is planning to "vault" the Potter series - like what Disney does. Not sure exactly why, but I've read about it on Blu-Ray.com, Ultimate Disney.com and other message boards.

I've got 1-6 on DVD, and DH 1 on Blu. Will get DH 2 on Blu combo as well. Would love to get my hands on the Ultimate Editions.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Don't forget, get Harry soon as Warner Bros is planning to "vault" the Potter series - like what Disney does.
    Yeah, but unlike Disney, the films are only going to be available to purchase for a month. I don't Disney has ever done that with their "vault" program.

As for Ultimate Edition? I kind of wish this version was real. Too bad it was just a Graphic Design Student's packaging project, but still. Imagine if this was real!!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Yeah, but unlike Disney, the films are only going to be available to purchase for a month. I don't Disney has ever done that with their "vault" program.

As for Ultimate Edition? I kind of wish this version was real. Too bad it was just a Graphic Design Student's packaging project, but still. Imagine if this was real!!
    Harry Potter in the Criterion Collection? That's cool!

• Rock Star Minion

So, who's got the lowest prices tomorrow? My wife needs to pick it up.

Walmart at $18 for Blu-Ray. Not the triple pack. That's $20.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...i_sku=17480569

$20 for triple-pack at BestBuy.
    Last edited by sediment; 11-10-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland PAP

Picked up my Target exclusive this morning before work. Had to go to two Targets before finding it. The first one didn't have them on their shelves, and even after I asked a clerk that about them, he claimed what's on the shelves is all they had. I told this to the clerks at the second Target where I DID find them, and he went on his scanner to check the first Target's inventory. He said they DID have them TOO! Figures. But I made note of the fact that he said both stores received the same quantity. So for anyone taking notes, the magic number might be that 100 copies of the Target exclusive were shipped to each store.

• The Darkness to Light

WEE!! I got my shipping notice in my e-mail! My Blu-ray Box Set will be in my hands in the next week!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband bought the Harry Potter blu-ray copy today. The problem is that I can't watch the special features on my normal DVD player. The reason he bought the blu-ray copy is because our grandson has a blu-ray player, and we have a regular dvd. I guess he figured he ws killing two birds with one stone. Wrong. He wasn't.

I enjoyed the movie, the 2nd time around, but I was looking forward to watching all the special stuff.

• Infinitized!

Picked up the Best Buy Exclusive set with the Hogwarts ornament... and Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban all in Blu-Ray combos. Just need to get Goblet, Phoenix, and Prince on Blu now before they get vaulted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast