• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

2 Witchblade movies on the way

Two Witchblade Films in the Works
    Source: Variety
    December 13, 2005

Platinum Studios, IDG Films and Relativity Media are financing and producing two back-to-back features based on comic book series Witchblade, reports Variety. Filming is set to begin late next year in China. No writer or director is yet attached.

Platinum is producing through its partnership with independent comic book publisher Top Cow Productions, which holds the rights to Witchblade.

The comic follows the story of a female detective who comes into possession of a mystical and powerful weapon that she uses to battle crime and evil. During its brief run as a TV show, Witchblade became the most successful original series in TNT's history.

IDG Films, a division of technology media company Intl. Data Group, is putting up 50%-60% of the total production budget for the two feature films, which is estimated at roughly $40 million. Arclight Films will handle foreign sales.

Producers are Relativity's Ryan Kavanaugh and Lynwood Spinks, Platinum chair Scott Mitchell Rosenberg -- who brought the "Men in Black" franchise to Sony -- and IDG Films' Steven Squillante and David Lee. Top Cow founder Mark Silvestri and Arclight's Gary Hamilton and Harrison Kordestani executive produce. Co-producing are Top Cow's Matt Hawkins and Platinum execs Jay Burns and Aaron Severson.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Re: 2 Witchblade movies on the way

Y'know, I never got into the TV show - there seemed like too many changes form the comic, and the armor didn't look all that impressive too me. Here's hoping for better special effects and an armored up Sara Pezzini with the torn up clothes. Gotta fit that sex appeal in somewhere, right?
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The show was really popular and apparently the fan campaign to keep it on was pretty impressive. Maybe they're still out there.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Why do you keep talking?

Awww I loved the show (even though I missed the last few episodes of the first season) and I hope this promps TNT to put the show on DVD!

Never read the comics, so I have no clue what they changed. but here's hoping they stick closer to the original source I guess...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Bear Country Refugee

As long as they bring back Eric Etebari as Nottingham. I need my pretty!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington