• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Spend a Day at Pixar: Annual Cartoon Art Museum Benefit

Here's something I just had to pass on. . . a chance to visit Pixar!

On Saturday, December 10th, the Cartoon Art Museum will be holding a special event at Pixar Studios which grants you exclusive access to Pixar Animation Studios while helping to support the Cartoon Art Museum. Guests may tour the studio’s main gallery and view pre-production artwork from Cars 2. In addition, Pixar artists will be on hand conducting drawing demonstrations. You may purchase special Pixar apparel and merchandise at the Studio Store as well as bid on original and signed art by Pixar creators and other auction prizes. The event also features a screening of select Pixar short films (including One Man Band, Day & Night, and the Oscar®-winning Tin Toy) in the studio’s state-of-the-art theater hosted by Dr. Michael B. Johnson (Pixarian and CAM board member), who will lead a Q&A session with several of the filmmakers. The event also includes light lunchtime snacks, treats, and a chance to meet and speak with Pixar creators.

Tickets are $250 per person, $200 for members of the Cartoon Art Museum*. (Become a museum member and save!) Reserved rows for ten are available for $2,500. Doors open at 11 a.m. with the screening starting at 1 p.m. Treat your friends or employees to a day of animated fun.

To order tickets, please visit Spend the day at Pixar Animation Studios: Annual Cartoon Art Museum Benefit - Event registration by Guestlist

I'm trying to figure out if I can make it, but even if I can, I sure hope a lot of you are able to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Cheers,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Spend a Day at Pixar: Annual Cartoon Art Museum Benefit

Thanks for posting this DustySage. I teach cartooning classes at the museum and will be helping out at the event and if it's anything like the past events it will be pretty awesome. This year since it's in December it would make a very special early holiday gift to a die hard PIXAR fan.

They have been posting some of the auction art HERE Cartoon Art Museum » Spend the day at Pixar Animation Studios: Annual Cartoon Art Museum Benefit (scroll down). Can't wait to see it in person.

Hope to see some of you at the event, I will be a tall guy who most likely will be greeting when you come in.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Someday....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Heya Brian old buddy.. need any help running the booth?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Heya Brian old buddy.. need any help running the booth?
    LOL. No booth and I am super lucky to get the honor of helping out for such a great cause.

If you can't make it to the event, the museum does have other events at the museum all year and some will included artist from PIXAR and usually cost very little.

I really want to attend this event . . . one of these years. Of course, the announcement came after I had already set my reservations for the D23 Magic & Merriment WDW weekend. I hope that they move the Pixar event back to its original weekend next year.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

• Caricature Booth

Caricature Booth

Thanks for information.