View Poll Results: Which Upcoming Classic Films Being Re-Released In 3D Would You See At A Theater?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beauty and the Beast (coming January 13, 2012)

3 20.00%
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace 3D (coming February 10, 2012)

2 13.33%
  • Titanic 3D (coming April 6, 2012)

1 6.67%
  • Finding Nemo 3D (coming September 4, 2012)

1 6.67%
  • All the above

2 13.33%
  • Some but not all of the above

1 6.67%
  • None of the above / Other

6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Does the Prospect of Classic Disney (etc) Films Being Re-Released In 3D Excite You?

First off, I'm absolutely crazy about original 3-D films and cannot get enough of them. That spurted, I see no point in paying good money at the boxoffice for films that I've already seen minus the 3-D. Put me in a hang-glider and scent the atmosphere (like DCA's Soaring Over California), and you might get me in a seat. Or perhaps if they were free. Other than that, p-p-p-p-please! There's far better films to watch than a rehashing of Beauty and the Beast 3D - which BTH is scheduled to be released on January 13, 2012.

What really makes me shrug back and shreek is Paramount Pictures / 20th Century Fox re-releasing Tinanic in 3D. C'mon! I could hardly bear to watch the portrayal of all those poor people suffering and dying the first time, without watching the horror in 3d as if it's some sort of theme park ride. Maybe it's just me, but no thanks.

What do you think of what appears to be a new trend of recycling classic films in 3D? A poll will soon be attached.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-19-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Infinitized!

Re: Does the Prospect of Classic Disney (etc) Films Being Re-Released In 3D Excite Y

If they hit IMAX, then I'd go check them out. TRON Legacy was unbelievable on the big IMAX screen. It was the first time I had a big grin on my face during the entire movie - I really felt like I was on some E-ticket ride at Disneyland. Would be cool to see Star Wars in IMAX 3D.

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Does the Prospect of Classic Disney (etc) Films Being Re-Released In 3D Excite Y

I generally agree that re-purposing already released films for 3D release isn't appealing to me. And most of that comes simply from the fact that I don't want to pay that much to see it a second time, even tho' it'd be a theatrical presentation with 3D and great sound. That's what I have my home theatre system for now, to buy them on Blu-ray, most times with the 3D combo pack if it's available. If I ever get to afford upgrading to a 3D HDTV, then I'll have some discs already in my library. But 3d movies in and of itself is not a big motivator for me as a movie-goer.

I did watch Avatar in 3D and that blew my mind! So for the new films that I was already going to see in theatres, like Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and The Dark Knight Rises - I'm all over seeing those if they're in 3D. But I skipped Green Lantern 3D after feeling like I wasted the extra dollars seeing Thor in 3D.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 11-19-2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: fixed typo

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I see no point in paying good money at the boxoffice for films that I've already seen minus the 3-D.
    Then don't go see them. If others agree, then they won't see them either, and the movie will do poorly. If others disagree, then they'll go see the movie, and it will do well.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    If they hit IMAX, then I'd go check them out. TRON Legacy was unbelievable on the big IMAX screen. It was the first time I had a big grin on my face during the entire movie - I really felt like I was on some E-ticket ride at Disneyland. Would be cool to see Star Wars in IMAX 3D.
    TRON IMAX on an IMAX screen would be big time awesome. That would indeed be comparable to a D-land E-ticket. IMAX dramatizes the original format of any film. 3D makes original films more realistically exciting. But it isn't dramatic enouff to drive my desire to re-watch any given film.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I generally agree that re-purposing already released films for 3D release isn't appealing to me. And most of that comes simply from the fact that I don't want to pay that much to see it a second time, even tho' it'd be a theatrical presentation with 3D and great sound. That's what I have my home theatre system for now, to buy them on Blu-ray, most times with the 3D combo pack if it's available. If I ever get to afford upgrading to a 3D HDTV, then I'll have some discs already in my library. But 3d movies in and of itself is not a big motivator for me as a movie-goer.

I did watch Avatar in 3D and that blew my mind! So for the new films that I was already going to see in theatres, like Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and The Dark Knight Rises - I'm all over seeing those if they're in 3D. But I skipped Green Lantern 3D after feeling like I wasted the extra dollars seeing Thor in 3D.
    The surround sound effect of home theater systems blows me away! Your one lucky ducky. I hope you'll be able to make the change over to 3D TV. The economic downturn aside, we live in intence technologically exciting times. Avatar in 3D was an out of this world "out of this world" film - of mega proportions. I'm looking anxiously awaiting Dark Knight Rises (featuring Cat Woman and Bane) and MI-Ghost Protocall. Here's my current favorite version of the Mission Impossible movie series' theme song:

Mission Impossible Theme(full theme) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Then don't go see them. If others agree, then they won't see them either, and the movie will do poorly. If others disagree, then they'll go see the movie, and it will do well.
    That's logical. I guesss Doris Day put it best when she sang:

Doris Day - Que Sera Sera - YouTube

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I sometimes can't see 3D properly (even with the glasses on I see the blur of the 2 pictures distinctly) and I know people who can't see 3D at all or it hurts their eyes, so I kind of feel the 3D thing is getting to be a bit of an overkill.

Why does a movie like Titanic need the 3D treatment? That makes no sense (sorry was NOT a fan of that movie).

The only one that makes some kind of sense is Star Wars, but even then, a lot of Star Wars fans are just getting mad at "Uncle George" again for screwing with our beloved movies once more.

Titantic was directed by James Cameron, the same guy who directed Avatar. The film may be intresting to see because it sounds like all of it was converted to 3D. The issue I have with the 3D films is that sometimes it feels like there isn't really much 3D in the film. For example, Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2, didn't feel like there was alot of 3D in the film. Stars War Episodes 1-6 will be converted to 3D(not sure about the clone wars films Two films left off the poll, Monster Inc(rereleased in January 2013) and The Little Mermaid (September 2013). If I had to pick a film to release in 3D, I might pick Fastasia. The films has alot elements that would great in 3D. It could be too intense for 3D and take alot of money to convert.

• far, far away from DL

I'm just happy to see Beast on the big screen again. As for seeing Star Wars ep.1 I can't wait to see the Darth Maul fight scene.

• My prices are INSANE!

No interest what so ever.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Workin to live,lovin life

I'd rather see the films in their original non-3D format.

I'm not a fan of 3D films in general. They don't really add too much to the experience other than an increased price, and sometimes it's the only thing the movie makers put emphasis on.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I sometimes can't see 3D properly (even with the glasses on I see the blur of the 2 pictures distinctly) and I know people who can't see 3D at all or it hurts their eyes, so I kind of feel the 3D thing is getting to be a bit of an overkill.

Why does a movie like Titanic need the 3D treatment? That makes no sense (sorry was NOT a fan of that movie).

The only one that makes some kind of sense is Star Wars, but even then, a lot of Star Wars fans are just getting mad at "Uncle George" again for screwing with our beloved movies once more.
    Sorry that you aren't able to experience 3-D, aimster. At least it seems like most of the time the studios/theaters offer the option of viewing original releases in either 2-D or 3-D. Now where IMAX is concerned, I would gladly re-watch a re-released favorite film again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    Titantic was directed by James Cameron, the same guy who directed Avatar. The film may be intresting to see because it sounds like all of it was converted to 3D. The issue I have with the 3D films is that sometimes it feels like there isn't really much 3D in the film. For example, Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2, didn't feel like there was alot of 3D in the film. Stars War Episodes 1-6 will be converted to 3D(not sure about the clone wars films Two films left off the poll, Monster Inc(rereleased in January 2013) and The Little Mermaid (September 2013). If I had to pick a film to release in 3D, I might pick Fastasia. The films has alot elements that would great in 3D. It could be too intense for 3D and take alot of money to convert.
    You're certainly up on what lays ahead in the world of 3-D films. I very much agree that it would be exciting to see the original Fantasia prsented in 3-D. I think Walt and Roy, jr. would have enjoyed that prospect as well. In a way, DL's/WDW's live Fantasmic! shows are Fantasia in 3-D.

I did get to see the second Fantasia on an IMAX screen. Talk about an awesome sensory delight!

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    I'm just happy to see Beast on the big screen again. As for seeing Star Wars ep.1 I can't wait to see the Darth Maul fight scene.
    Glad that you will have the opportunity to br treated to a magical experience with both films again. You're kind of causing me to want to see Darth Maul conquered all over again in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    I'd rather see the films in their original non-3D format.

I'm not a fan of 3D films in general. They don't really add too much to the experience other than an increased price, and sometimes it's the only thing the movie makers put emphasis on.
    Hope you like IMAX as I do.