View Poll Results: What did you think of "The Muppets"?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Rainbow Connections - It's a glorious three-hour finale!

36 65.45%
  • 4 Rainbow Connections - Good grief, it's a running gag

14 25.45%
  • 3 Rainbow Connections - "The flim is okie-dokie!"

3 5.45%
  • 2 Rainbow Connections - WALDORF: They aren’t half bad

2 3.64%
  • 1 Rainbow Connection - STATLER: Nope, they’re ALL bad!

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Seasick

Re: The Muppets - MiceChat Reviews

Late Show Top Ten - CBS.com

Weekly Top Ten Contest

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Top Ten Muppet Pet Peeves

10. Plushies

9. Kermit's bacon breath

8. That annoying buzzer on the cool down cycle

7. Velcro

6. Using the bathroom after Snuffleupagus

5. Not being invited to Bert and Ernie's fabulous wedding in the Hamptons

4. Competing group of odd creatures: the Republican candidates

3. 1% of monsters get 99% of cookies

2. That hack Elmo

1. Cold hands

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Getting back to "The Muppets" I had a few more distractions...

1. The "Disney" title card instead of "Walt Disney Pictures". That just looked weird and I don't like it.

2. Where was Wanda Sykes and Danny Trejo? You know the trailer where the Muppets are in jail and Danny Trejo goes "Hey. I'm a Muppet." hahha that was so funny and it wasn't in the movie!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    1. That Jason Segel's brother is a muppet. Umm, can someone explain that one to me?
    I heard Jason Segal interviewed on the radio yesterday and this issue was brought up. Originally Gary was going to be a ventriloquist and Walter was going to be his puppet, or more accurately a Muppet posing as a puppet. They had them hanging out on Venice Beach and they would pretend to be putting on an act.

When this part of the story was presented to the original Muppeteers, they asked them to change it, because a Muppet is never portrayed as an inanimate puppet. Nor should there be any reference to them being just puppets. A Muppet should always be portrayed as if it is a real living thing. Therefore they changed Walter from being a ventriloquist's puppet to being Walter's real-life brother.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Getting back to "The Muppets" I had a few more distractions...

1. The "Disney" title card instead of "Walt Disney Pictures". That just looked weird and I don't like it.

2. Where was Wanda Sykes and Danny Trejo? You know the trailer where the Muppets are in jail and Danny Trejo goes "Hey. I'm a Muppet." hahha that was so funny and it wasn't in the movie!!
    I think they also cut the great scene where they're all in the car, with Mah Na Mah Na playing, but no one is singing along. Hopefully some of this material will make it to the blu-ray.

One of my favourite bits was just for a trailer, with Statler & Waldorf: "Is this movie in 3D?". "No, the Muppets are just as one-dimensional as ever.".

---------- Post added 11-29-2011 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I heard Jason Segal interviewed on the radio yesterday and this issue was brought up. Originally Gary was going to be a ventriloquist and Walter was going to be his puppet, or more accurately a Muppet posing as a puppet. They had them hanging out on Venice Beach and they would pretend to be putting on an act.

When this part of the story was presented to the original Muppeteers, they asked them to change it, because a Muppet is never portrayed as an inanimate puppet. Nor should there be any reference to them being just puppets. A Muppet should always be portrayed as if it is a real living thing. Therefore they changed Walter from being a ventriloquist's puppet to being Walter's real-life brother.
    Interesting, and with the some of the original players being critical of this film, it's nice to know their input was heeded.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• -

I loved the movie but thought there was a little too much human singing. I also felt the movie jumped the shark with the bad guy's rap.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I loved the movie but thought there was a little too much human singing. I also felt the movie jumped the shark with the bad guy's rap.
    Don't you mean "Nuked the Fridge"? Or is that used when a movie totally sucks?

• MiceChat Moderator

Yup, like I said... this movie's focus was the human characters (including Walter) and less so much on the Muppets. ALL the human characters in this movie sing.

When the Muppets sing, it was Kermit's downbeat solo and also Rainbow Connection. The cleaing of the theater was just a song playing over them.

I still really like it because it's a product of my youth that did not damage me the way many others do (smurfs, chipmunks, garfield, yogi bear, scooby doo) but I guess I just wanted MORE muppets. The billboard has Beaker on it... and he's BARELY IN THE MOVIE.

• Circle of Ancients

Just got back from seeing the movie, I loved it.

Was it perfect? No. Most of the issues have already been brought up here.

The Cars 2 ad REALLY took me out of the movie and was blatant. Bad call on that.

Makes me wonder if they are going to change that for the Blu Ray to Brave or something?

Although, one thing that "could" be kind of cool is with Blu Ray the ad will change over time? Is this even something they could do? I mean, they have internet trailers, why not change the billboard in the movie for new releases?

I also didn't see the Pooh, but saw (and LOVED) the hidden Mickey.

It was sublimely "Muppets". Do I wish there were more Muppets, of course. But as a re-introduction to the Muppets, it worked.

Can't wait to see it again actually.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

Yup, like I said... this movie's focus was the human characters (including Walter) and less so much on the Muppets. ALL the human characters in this movie sing.

When the Muppets sing, it was Kermit's downbeat solo and also Rainbow Connection. The cleaing of the theater was just a song playing over them.

I still really like it because it's a product of my youth that did not damage me the way many others do (smurfs, chipmunks, garfield, yogi bear, scooby doo) but I guess I just wanted MORE muppets. The billboard has Beaker on it... and he's BARELY IN THE MOVIE.
    yes but none of the human characters have thier own song. They are all joined by, or sung with Muppets.
    And there were so many Muppets in the movie, I'm okay with them all not getting a lot of screen time.

Have you heard the full version?
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Professional Lurker

I took my daughter last weekend. She loved it. I was excited to see them return and wanted to love it, unfortunately I just kind of liked it. There was too much focus on the human characters. They handled the Muppets well but they weren't given enough screen time or story.

I didn't hate the film (not by any stretch), but I didn't love it either... which says a lot. I am thankful they brought the Muppets back and am hopeful that they give them a new show on TV, but I'm so torn about the movie.

• Characters are my friends

I just saw the movie today, and loved it!! I immediately went out and got the soundtrack. Can't wait to see the movie again!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• MiceChat Moderator

I kind of wish the full version of the Tex Richman rap was in the movie. Buy the soundtrack and you'll hear Uncle Deadly's moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The Cars 2 ad REALLY took me out of the movie and was blatant. Bad call on that.
    Huh? That's a real theatre they used - The El Capitan in Hollywood. The ad wasn't digitally inserted into the movie, its a giant billboard in Los Angeles, in real life. I'd get the complaint if they insereted it digitally, but I don't expect movie makers to just delete billboards from real life.

• Circle of Ancients

^ The ad was for the Blu Ray, not the theatrical release. At least it looked like it from what I could tell.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ The ad was for the Blu Ray, not the theatrical release. At least it looked like it from what I could tell.
    Nope, it was for the theatrical release. They filmed those scenes on the actual streets of Hollywood and those billboards are/were actually there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast