Walt Disney World/Disneyland Resort Press Release
THIS CHRISTMAS UNWRAP THE MAGIC OF DISNEY
Walt Disney World Celebrates its 22nd Annual Christmas Day Parade with Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest from Disneyland
Lake Buena Vista, Fla., November 14, 2005 – Walt Disney World Resort in Florida invites America to celebrate its 22nd annual Christmas Day Parade telecast from the heart of the Magic Kingdom, with special performances from the Disneyland Resort in California. Hosting this year’s parade is America’s hottest morning talk show duo, Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, hosts of “Live with Regis and Kelly.” Everyone’s favorite music variety host Ryan Seacrest will lead the parade and concert performances from Disneyland Resort.
For more than two decades, the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade has been a family tradition featuring Disney’s most cherished characters including: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pinocchio, Princesses Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine as well as the Disney Channel’s favorite Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House; Stanley; the Little Einsteins; The Wiggles; JoJo Circus and others.
The Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade telecast airs on ABC Christmas Day from 10 a.m. to noon (EST), 9 to 11 a.m. (CST), 8 to 10 a.m. (MST) and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. (PST). Viewers should check their local listings for any changes in programming times.
Star-Studded Guest List
The two-hour parade special will highlight a variety of celebrity appearances and musical performances including: Star Wars Hayden Christensen; country superstar band Lonestar; acclaimed model, actress and singer Vanessa Williams; The View’s Star Jones; Mary Poppins’ Julie Andrews; golf champion Tiger Woods; Grammy® award winning jazz vocalist Diana Krall, American idol winner Fantasia, award-winning actor John O’Hurley, best known for his appearance on ABC’s hit show Dancing With The Stars; sister songstresses Aly and AJ; tween pop group The Cheetah Girls; and young stars of Disney’s newest movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Anna Popplewell, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes and William Moseley.
A Disney Family Tradition
In addition to the parade’s impressive list of performers, the 22nd Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will feature fanciful pageantry from Disney’s globally renowned theme parks, including Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California. At the heart of the show, the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade takes center stage, with Disney favorites making their way down Main Street, U.S.A., in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.
WALT DISNEY WORLD presents
• Christmas Tree float with Mickey and Minnie
• Villains Car with Yzma, Kronk and Cruella
• Cinderellabration at Cinderella Castle
• Ice Pond float with Donald and Daisy
• Princess Carriages carrying Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora with princes
• Performance of Beauty and the Beast starring John O’Hurley singing Be Our Guest at Cinderella’s Castle
• Power Rangers Car featuring the Power Rangers
• U.S. Military Processional with remarks from President George W. Bush
• Toy Factory float featuring Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, toy soldiers and green army men
• Bakeshop Factory float carrying Mrs. Claus, the gingerbread men, elves and maids
• Herbie from Disney-MGM Studios’ Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show attraction
• Candy House float
• Sister act Aly & AJ will perform a song from the Jingle Jams CD
• The Cheetah Girls to perform a song from their Cheetah-licious Christmas CD
• Greetings from Tiger Woods plus others to follow
• Cirque du Soleil will perform a living Christmas card spectacular
DISNEYLAND RESORT IN CALIFORNIA presents
• Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams highlights the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with spectacular musical numbers featuring one of the largest casts of Disney characters ever assembled
• A Christmas Fantasy Parade featuring Goofy, Chip n’ Dale, the Seven Dwarfs, Rudolph and reindeer friends plus Stitch as Santa in fun-filled Yuletide vignettes on Main Street, U.S.A.
• Other Disneyland highlights include:
• Space Mountain, America’s favorite Disney theme park adventure, has recently been re-Imagineered for the 21st century
• Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!, a sneak peek at the newest attraction to open in Disney’s California Adventure as part of the 50th Celebration
• A Float Fit for a Princess featuring special performances in the shadows of Sleeping Beauty Castle, which has been transformed into a “Crown Jewel” for the Park’s 50th anniversary
Disney’s Final Christmas Wish
Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts will give a very special Christmas closing with performances of “Joy to the World” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” To celebrate Disney’s milestone year and for the first time in the parade’s history, the show will expand its final number to create an unprecedented moment including all of the parks around the world. The finale will feature an international choir with Disney theme park Cast Members from Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong joining in for Disney’s final Christmas wish.