Thread: Missing Muppets

Missing Muppets

Hey everyone. For those who haven't seen the movie this thread might have spoilers. Just a warning...

I noticed a few popular muppets were not included in the movie. One particular was Bean (the bunny). I was surprised since he's usually a main character in a lot of muppet media. Did anyone else notice any other popular muppets that weren't seen in the movie?

• Seasick

Re: Missing Muppets

Rizzo, a major character in most of the recent Muppet projects was relegated to non-speaking cameo.

Muppets Tonight host Clifford was nowhere to be seen (no complaint from me on that one, he was not an interesting character).

I didn't notice Kermit's nephew Robin, either.

I think a lot was cut from this movie, so perhaps several Muppets were victims of editing (as were several human cameos). Hopefully we'll see some deleted scenes.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Shablagoo!

Most of the missing ones were from post Muppet Show. Still I would have liked to have seen Clifford and Digit at least in the background. Bean Bunny too.

• Minion

yeah, a lot of cameos were cut: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, George Clooney, Wanda Sykes, Danny Trejo (both Wanda and Danny were in a trailer) John Krasinski (yes he was seen, but he was supposed to be in more) and many more too.

As for missing muppets, I'll picture most of them:

the guy on the far left and the one on the far right were nowhere to be seen

and I would have loved to see the muppet of Jim Henson, also, if you have seen the movie, look for what was taken out after they posted this:

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Shablagoo!

I got one. Did anyone see Doglion? He is another of the early, full sized muppets.

Doglion - Muppet Wiki

---------- Post added 12-05-2011 at 04:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

I think a lot was cut from this movie, so perhaps several Muppets were victims of editing (as were several human cameos). Hopefully we'll see some deleted scenes.
    I am hoping for a 3 hour-long director's cut.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I got one. Did anyone see Doglion? He is another of the early, full sized muppets.

Doglion - Muppet Wiki

---------- Post added 12-05-2011 at 04:51 AM ----------

I am hoping for a 3 hour-long director's cut.
    So am I
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Add me to the list of wanting the 3 hour director's cut when it comes to DVD.

And for the OP, the guy you mention on the far left is Johnny Fiama (a kind of rat-pack wannabe). The guy on the far right is Clifford (he was the host of Muppets Tonight & performed/voiced by Kevin Clash, who is best known as Elmo from Sesame Street).

I'm happy Bobo Bear made it into the movie, but why is he always the bad guy? He was the bad guy in Muppets From Space too.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah a few were missing but I dont Im sure there will be 2 more filsm and they'll get more of the cast back next time....and it would be nice for some of the small characters to get more screen time.

Kermit and Miss Piggy have starred in almost every movie and i love them but next time....give other characters some more time on screen over them

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yeah a few were missing but I dont Im sure there will be 2 more filsm and they'll get more of the cast back next time....and it would be nice for some of the small characters to get more screen time.

Kermit and Miss Piggy have starred in almost every movie and i love them but next time....give other characters some more time on screen over them
    I dare you to stand next to Miss Piggy and say that.

Didn't even know the name of Doglion before, although isn't he usually on the opening of the older Muppet show? In the new movie, it looked like a few characters were missing from the multi-level opening of the Muppet Show.

I'm wondering, was Bean Bunny new to the muppets, when they opened the Muppet 3D Movie at WDW? I don't remember Bean, prior to that attraction.

Oh, and does anyone know any new news about a Whatnot Shop for DL Resort? there was talk about it a couple years ago, when the one opened in NY, but there has been little news since then.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Oh, and does anyone know any new news about a Whatnot Shop for DL Resort? there was talk about it a couple years ago, when the one opened in NY, but there has been little news since then.
    I was dissapointed they never brought that to DL and WDW. I haven't heard anything new, but Toys R Us now sells Whatnot kits.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/