• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

2006: A Big Year for Disney Films

This coming 2006 will be loaded with many anticipated upcoming films featuring remakes, sequals, sports films, documentaries, true stories and originals:

January 2006: To add to Disney's successful sports films, "Glory Road" will be Disney's first theatrical film about real basketball (No dogs this time). It stars John Voight, Josh Lucas, Derek Luke and Tatyana Ali.

Also, adding to Disney'a sucessful movie documentaries, "Roving Mars" will show glimpses of Mars that we have never witnessed.

February: "Eight Below" will feature the return of Paul Walker to the Disney film industry (Since "Meet the Deedles") and is based on an emotional true story between a man and his sledding dogs (nothing like Snowdogs).

March: Disney will be adding another remake on it's roster "The Shaggy Dog" based on the popular 60's film. It features Tim Allen, Danny Glover, Craig Kilborne, and Robert Downey Jr.

April: The infamous Jeff Bridges makes his return back to the Disney screen since "Tron" in "Stick It!', a comedy about a relationship between him and a young tomboyish girl played by Missy Peregrym.

"The Wild" is another one of Disney's self made computerized films based on a film which is very similar to Dreamwork's "Madagascar" and features the voice talents of Keifer Sutherland and Eddie Lizzard. No doubt this film will be hyped like Chicken Little was.

June: The long anticipated pixar film "Cars" which was originally supposed to come out this year will make it's debut as Disney/Pixar's last film together. It features the voice talents of Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Cheech Marin, Paul Newman, Bob Costas, Richard Petty, Katherine Helmond and Bonnie Hunt.

July: One of the most anticaipated Disney sequals ever "Pirates of the Cariribbean 2: Deadman's Chest" stars the original cast set in a new adventure.

September: Yet another sports film will come out this year entitled "Invincible" which is about a young man who tries to join a college football team. The film features Mark Wahlberg and Greg Kinnear.

November: To complete the holiday trilogy, Tim Allen returns as old Saint Nick in "The Santa Clause 3" continuing the story of him and christmas.

December: In another computerized self made film effort, Disney will launch "Meet the Robinsons" based on a childhood story. The film is still in major production and it's unclear who will star in it.

No word on if any of these films will change its producer status to being under Touchstone Pictures which has been the case for many Disney films as of late. "Stick It" and Invincible" look like possible Touchstone shoe-ins.

2007 and beyond also promise to be good as well with upcoming films such as Pirates of the Caribbean 3, The Mighty Ducks 4, Jungle Cruise, American Dog, National Treasure 2, Kiki's Delivery Service (Live Version), remake of Swiss Family Robinson, Fraggle Rock: The Movie, Underdog, The Banshee and Toy Story 3.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 12-14-2005 at 10:09 AM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Reaver of Souls

Re: 2006: A Big Year for Disney Films

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    February: "Eight Below" will feature the return of Paul Walker to the Disney film industry (Since "Meet the Deedles") and is based on an emotional true story between a man and his sledding dogs (nothing like Snowdogs).
    This one actually looks good. One of those "Homeward Bound" type of stories, but without the cheezy voice-overs. I'm keeping this one on my radar...

March: Disney will be adding another remake on it's roster "The Shaggy Dog" based on the popular 60's film. It features Tim Allen, Danny Glover, Craig Kilborne, and Robert Downey Jr.
    Looks awful. Simply awful. Saw the preview for this before Narnia at the El Capitan, and even in a theatre filled with kids, very few laughs. Looks like a straight to DVD to me...

July: One of the most anticaipated Disney sequals ever "Pirates of the Cariribbean 2: Deadman's Chest" stars the original cast set in a new adventure.
    Easily my most anticipated. Sequels are all the rage these days, and although many of them are sub-par, I have high hopes for these. This one actually got applause at the El Cap...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Huh?

"The Wild" is another one of Disney's self made computerized films based on a film which is very similar to Dreamwork's "Madagascar" and features the voice talents of Keifer Sutherland and Eddie Izzard. No doubt this film will be hyped like Chicken Little was.
    Disney didn't make this.... it's Vangaurd Animation, same as Valiant was. Disney probably has as much faith in this movie as they did in Valiant. I don't expect a big release nor much promotion. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Dreamworks was readying copyright infringement lawsuit...
    -Tim

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Disney didn't make this.... it's Vangaurd Animation, same as Valiant was. Disney probably has as much faith in this movie as they did in Valiant. I don't expect a big release nor much promotion. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Dreamworks was readying copyright infringement lawsuit...
    Actually, this movie was not made by Vanguard. It is still in production and Disney is making this film along with the help of William Shatner's C.O.R.E. ans San Francisco's Complete Platinum.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Disney Memory Maker

Disney is just Distributing The Wild. Other than distributing the film (and possibly money), Disney had no involvment in it. It is made by CORE and Complete Pandemoneum. The only Disney-made animated film in 2006 is Meet the Robinsons. So The Wild is not a Disney-made film, and I highly doubt it will be advertised much. All the advertising budget is going to go to Shaggy Dog, Cars, PotC2 & MtR. Also, I too wouldn't be surprised if Dreamworks filed a lawsuit (look at the article on JHM).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Infinitized!

A movie based on Jungle Cruise? When's this one supposed to come out?

I wonder what they have in store for National Treasure 2? Being a fan of treasure hunting movies I enjoyed the first one.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    A movie based on Jungle Cruise? When's this one supposed to come out?
    According to UltimateDisney, production starts in early 2006. So I would expect a Spring 2007 debut (but no official date has been set).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    According to UltimateDisney, production starts in early 2006. So I would expect a Spring 2007 debut (but no official date has been set).

-Michael
    It would be interesting if they did a movie based on Thunder Mountain. A wild west movie with a supernatural element to it like Pirates would be cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Haunted Mansion, but not a direct sequel that would see the return of Eddie Murphy. Instead have the second movie be based on Phantom Manor in Paris Disneyland and be set in the old west. Could be a good tie-in a Thunder Mountain movie.

With all these remakes Disney is making, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of The Black Hole. That movie creeped me out when I was a kid and with new special effects I think a remake would be great.

• Huh?

Oh... guess I remembered slightly wrong about who made The Wild. Forgot about CORE...

Well, either way.... I really don't care for the character design in The Wild.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I personally am looking forward to Glory Road, Cars and PotC2 more than any of them. BTW, Invincible is about a widow who tries out for the Philadelphia Eagles pro team. I'm a little fearful of what a Jungle Cruise movie will be, though with a Swiss Family Robinson remake, maybe that means we'll have a renewed interest in the story and remove the Tarzan Treehouse and make it the SWR Treehouse again. Mighty Ducks 4 just promises to be bad as well. Toy Story 3 I'll wait to see production work to make a judgement on.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

mmmmm Paul Walker mmmmmmmmmmmmm,
    but in a parka and Alba-less
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

December: In another computerized self made film effort, Disney will launch "Meet the Robinsons" based on a childhood story. The film is still in major production and it's unclear who will star in it.
    Danny Elfman is doing the music, looks fun!

Jan. 12, 2004

Dis has 'Day' for new ani feature

Walt Disney Feature Animation, which is expected to reveal plans to close down its Orlando animation facility today, has announced a new animated film that will be produced at the company's Burbank studios. The computer-animated "A Day With Wilbur Robinson" is an adaptation of William Joyce's 1990 book, a comedy-adventure about a boy genius who creates a time machine. The Florida animation unit has produced three features -- "Mulan," "Lilo & Stitch" and "Brother Bear." Its closure has been expected ever since the studio shut down its most recent production, "A Few Good Ghosts," in November. At the time, Disney denied speculation that it was shuttering its Orlando operations, saying it had not decided on future layoffs (HR 11/17). However, the Orlando Sentinel and the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday that approximately 260 Orlando staffers will learn their fate today. Disney had no comment Sunday. "A Day With Wilbur Robinson" will be executive produced by Clark Spencer, whose credits include "Lilo & Stitch," and will be produced by Disney animation veteran Dorothy McKim. Steve Anderson, who served as head of story on "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Brother Bear," will direct. Animation will begin in June with a targeted 2006 release date. Joyce has previously been associated with Disney on the Emmy-winning Disney Channel series "Rolie Polie Olie."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006