• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

LOST police blotter

'Lost' Star Fined $300 For Speeding

POSTED: 3:07 pm HST December 13, 2005
    UPDATED: 3:47 pm HST December 13, 2005

HONOLULU -- One of the stars of the ABC TV series "Lost" was fined $300 for speeding.

Michelle Rodriguez, also known as Mayte Rodriguez, has a number of violations, including drunken driving in Hawaii and California.

At Wahiawa Traffic court on Tuesday, local attorney Steve Barta represented her. He pleaded guilty for her to going 83 mph in a 55 mph zone. Judge James Dannenberg noticed she had previously been caught going 80 mph, so he increased the fine.

Rodriguez is on probation in California for DUI and misdemeanor hit-and-run. Her convictions in Hawaii could lead to that probation being revoked and possibly jail time. Rodriguez lawyer had no comment for reporters.

Previous Stories:
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The Unknown Princess

Re: LOST police blotter

Lost and "Fined" Actors in the hit TV show have a hard time finding the brake

It seems that she's not the only one that has been having run-ins with the local police.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted 12/19/2005 10:34

Michelle Rodriguez complains about arrest HONOLULU (AP)

Michelle Rodriguez, a star on ABC's Lost, complained after her arrest for drunken driving earlier this month that police were taking away her freedom.
    Officers pulled Rodriguez over early on Dec. 1 after spotting her black Mercedes allegedly weaving down Pali Highway in the Honolulu-bound lanes from Kailua.
    Another Lost star, Cynthia Watros, was arrested 15 minutes later on the same road when police saw her car also moving erratically.
    Both allegedly failed sobriety tests. Rodriguez had a blood alcohol level of 0.145, nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08, according to documents obtained by KITV-TV.
    KITV quoted court and police documents that said Rodriguez was "very argumentative" and kept interrupting the officer who was explaining drunk driving sanctions to her.
    "I don't (expletive) belong here! Why don't you just put a gun to my head and shoot me! You've already taken my freedom! You might as well take my life too!" she said, KITV reported Friday.
    The officer who took Rodriguez in a police car to the Kailua substation quoted her as saying "Just take my car and I'll walk all the way to the North Shore but don't leave me in the back of this car poppie."
    Rodriguez' lawyer declined comment.
    The actress plays police officer Ana Lucia on the hit ABC drama series filmed in Hawaii.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted 12/29/2005 8:00 PM Updated 12/29/2005 8:03 PM

Rodriguez, Watros arraigned on DUI charges
    HONOLULU (AP)
    Lost stars Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arraigned in Kaneohe District Court on Thursday on charges of drunken driving.
    Lost newcomer Cynthia Watros will appear in court Jan. 12 and plead guilty to DUI charges.Honolulu Police Department via APBoth actresses, who were driving separate cars when they were arrested Dec. 1 within 15 minutes of each other, were represented by their attorneys.
    Watros' attorney Lanson Kupau was granted a continuance of the arraignment to Jan. 12, when she will plead guilty and take "full responsibility."
    "She made a mistake. She's very remorseful and she wants to take responsibility for her actions," Kupau said in an interview.
    Watros, 37, who plays Libby on the ABC's hit castaway drama, was in California spending time with her family.
    "She realizes, understands and appreciates the seriousness of the charges," Kupau said. "We will cooperate and she will take responsibility."
    Police said both women failed field sobriety tests and were released on $500 bail each. The actresses were arrested after their vehicles were spotted weaving in Kailua.

Trial was set for March 30 for Rodriguez, who plays police officer Ana Lucia on Lost, which is filmed in Hawaii.
    Her attorney Steve Barta had no comment following the hearing.
    Last week, prosecutors in California filed a motion in Los Angeles Superior Court to revoke Rodriguez's probation because of her drunk driving arrest in Hawaii.
    In June 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations: hit and run, drunken driving and driving with a suspended license. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is now serving a three-year probation term.
    Prosecutors in Los Angeles on Jan. 24 will ask the court that a probation violation hearing be scheduled.
    Rodriguez has been pulled over by Honolulu police multiple times since joining the cast this season. She was cited for driving 83 mph in a 55 mph zone on Oahu on Nov. 1 and was fined $357.

The 27-year-old actress also paid a $300 fine for an earlier traffic offense on the island. She was cited for driving 90 mph in a 35 mph zone on Oct. 20. Previously, Rodriguez was fined $197 for going 80 mph in a 50 mph zone on Aug. 24. City Deputy Prosecutor Sean Sanada said Rodriguez and Watros are not getting any special privileges because of their celebrity status. "We're treating them just as we would treat any other citizen or any member of the public," he said.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

L.A. Attorney: Dire Message for Lost Star
    Friday Dec 30, 2005 8:00am EST
    By Ken Lee and Stephen M. Silverman
    Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros
    CREDIT: RETNA; BAUER-GRIFFIN

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office delivered a troubling message for Lost star Michelle Rodriguez on Thursday, after the actress was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in Honolulu on Dec. 1, her second such arrest in two years.

"We believe Ms. Rodriguez violated the terms of her probation," said office spokesman Frank Mateljan. "She now potentially faces up to 18 months in county jail."

In June 2004, Rodriguez, 27, was sentenced to 36 months of probation stemming from a DUI in Nov. 2003 and a hit-and-run the previous July (both in the Hollywood area).

Of the mounting infractions, Mateljan said: "Ms. Rodriguez should definitely take this seriously. It's a shame it's come to this point."

Officials in his office will make a formal accusation in an L.A. court on Jan. 24. The actual probation violation hearing will be set after Rodriguez's trial in Honolulu for her latest DUI charge.

Her trial date has been set for March 30. Her attorney, Steve Barta, had no further comment.

Meanwhile, Thursday in Honolulu's Kaneohe District Court, Rodriguez and fellow Lost cast member Cynthia Watros, 37, were arraigned on the latest DUI charges. (The two, who were driving separate cars, were arrested within 15 minutes of one another.)

Watros's attorney Lanson Kupau had the arraignment postponed to Jan. 12, when she will plead guilty and take "full responsibility. ... She made a mistake. She's very remorseful and she wants to take responsibility for her actions," Kupau said, according to the Associated Press.

Watros, who is currently spending the holiday with family in California, "realizes, understands and appreciates the seriousness of the charges. We will cooperate and she will take responsibility," her attorney says.

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd

Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros .
    Wow they both look stunning above, especially Michelle but if I went to bed with them looking like this and woke up with this (see below) well I think I would gouge my own eyes out.

• Official Mice Chat person

The Lost stars seem to be stirring up quite a bit of trouble in Hawaii.

• Disney Memory Maker

Hmmm....I wonder who JJ Ambrams is going to kill off next in Lost? With all this publicity, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Ana was to join Shannon & Boone very soon.
    You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Lost' actress tells court she's sorry
    KANEOHE, Hawaii (AP) —
    Cynthia Watros, who plays Libby on ABC's hit series Lost, pleaded guilty to drunken driving Thursday. She was fined $370 and had her driver's license suspended for 90 days.

Watros, who plays Libby on Lost, was sentenced to a fine, suspended driver's license and counseling after pleading guilty to DUI.Honolulu Police Department via APDistrict Judge James Dannenberg also ordered Watros, 37, to undergo an alcohol assessment and to submit to 14 hours of counseling.
    "I'm sorry," Watros said after entering her plea.
    Under a plea agreement with prosecutors, a citation for crossing the white line was waived.
    "This is no fun, but you know how much worse it could have been. Get on with your life, and I wish you luck," Dannenberg told Watros.
    Michelle Rodriguez, who co-stars with Watros as police officer Ana Lucia on the castaway drama, was also charged with drunken driving. The two were pulled over in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other Dec. 1.
    Their cars had been spotted weaving on a road in Kailua, on the island of Oahu, where Lost is filmed. Both failed field sobriety tests and were released on $500 bail, police said.
    Rodriguez, 27, who was scheduled to stand trial March 30 after pleading not guilty last month, was also cited for speeding in Hawaii three times last year.
    In 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations, including drunken driving. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is serving a three-year probation term.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted 1/27/2006 4:11PM
    Rodriguez featured magazine cover of first-ever 'New Hollywood' issue NEW YORK (AP) — Lost actress Michelle Rodriguez says she treats people with respect — unless provoked.

Michelle Rodriguez said she's been taught ethics and respect. "But, if someone is disrespectful to me, then we have a problem." By Lucy Pemoni, AP"My family taught me about ethics and the importance of respecting everybody," Rodriguez tells People en Espanol magazine in its debut "New Hollywood" issue. "But, if someone is disrespectful to me, then we have a problem."
    Rodriguez, 27, who plays Ana Lucia Cortez on the ABC castaway drama, is on one of four celebrity covers of the "New Hollywood" issue, on newsstands Feb. 6.
    The other covers feature Wilmer Valderrama of That '70s Show, actress Zoe Saldana (Guess Who ) and designer Eduardo Xol of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
    Rodriguez tells the magazine she's inspired by the peacefulness of Hawaii, where Lost is filmed.
    "I always ask the universe for things if I feel I need to learn a lesson," she says. "The same applies when I am 'partying' too much or am acting a little crazy. I ask for mental clarity, peace and I always receive it. There is so much I want to do and this is the moment."
    Rodriguez pleaded not guilty last month in a Dec. 1 drunken driving arrest. She was also cited for speeding in Hawaii three times last year.
    In 2004, she pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations, including drunken driving. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is serving a three-year probation term.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...z-people_x.htm

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

"Lost" Star Finds Herself in Jail By Natalie Finn 23 minutes ago

Michelle Rodrigueuz plays a tough girl on TV and she has decided to hang tough in real life, as well.

The Lost actress pleaded guilty Tuesday in Hawaii to one count of driving under the influence and chose to pay a $500 fine and spend five days in jail rather than fulfill 240 hours of community service.

A Kane'ohe District Court judge ordered Rodriguez to surrender to authorities by 2 p.m. (Hawaii time) to begin her short stay in a women's correctional facility on the island of Oahu. Credit for time served will be subtracted from her current sentence.

Attorney Steve Barta told reporters that his client's decision to serve jail time was "a personal choice."

"I would suspect that because she has a hard time even going out for a meal without being intruded upon for an autograph or photograph, it's really difficult for her to do community service," he said.

Rodriguez's blood alcohol level was documented as 0.17--more than twice the legal limit--when she was pulled over in the wee a.m. hours of Dec. 2 in Oahu, where Lost is filmed. She posted $500 bail and was arraigned Dec. 29.

While the actress plays an emotionally isolated castaway on Lost, the 27-year-old Rodriguez was not alone during her DUI ordeal. One of her fellow Tailies, Cynthia Watros, was pulled over within 15 minutes of her and registered a 0.10 on the blood alcohol meter. She was also released after shelling out $500 for bail.

Watros, 37, who plays psychologist Libby on Lost, pleaded guilty in January to a DUI charge and was fined $312, ordered to undergo an alcohol assessment (a test to determine her drinking habits) and sentenced to 14 hours of counseling. Her driver's license was suspended for 90 days, as well.

Meanwhile, Rodriguez had been charged with two DUI counts because she was serving a three-year probation term stemming from two driving-related incidents in Los Angeles. She pleaded no contest in 2004 to a hit-and-run, driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license, all misdemeanor charges.

The Blue Crush star also completed a three-month alcohol treatment plan as part of her 2004 sentence.

In the interim, Rodriguez has coughed up hundreds of dollars in fines for three separate speeding violations in Hawaii since joining the cast of Lost in 2005.

After her run-in(s) with the Hawaiian law, Los Angeles prosecutors filed a motion in December to have her probation revoked and a hearing is scheduled for May 5. Rodriguez is facing 16 months in jail if the judge grants the request.

As the second season of Lost winds down, the rumor mill has it that Rodriguez's character, fierce ex-cop Ana-Lucia, might not see the light of season three. But when questioned about whether Rodriguez's now-notorious off-camera antics will lead to her being permanently lost, executive producer Damon Lindelof told TVGuide.com that certainly wasn't the case.

?It?s all huff and puff and speculation," he said. "Lost's story is the star and no actor would ever be killed off for any other reason than supporting the story."

So whether The Story supports Ana Lucia's survival through the two-hour season finale May 24 remains to be seen.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060426/en_celeb_eo/18887

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

"Lost" Star Sprung By Gina Serpe
    1 hour, 30 minutes ago

Michelle Rodriguez survived jail, now all she's got to worry about is getting off the island.
    Not that one.

The Lost star was released from a Hawaiian jail early Friday morning after serving just 65 hours of her five-day DUI sentence.

Rodriguez's legal woes are long from over, though. The actress is due back in court Wednesday, this time in Los Angeles, for a probation revocation hearing to see whether her drunken-driving arrest violated probation she's been serving since 2004.

The actress was released from the O'ahu Community Correctional Center Friday morning sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m., after serving a portion of her five-day sentence.

According to Nolan Espinda, the warden at the OCCC, inmates receive a full day's credit for any hour during a calendar day that they are in custody. As Rodriguez spent the night in custody after her arrest last December, she was able to curtail her actual behind-bar time.

The Blue Crush babe was fined $500 and sentenced to five days in jail after choosing to serve time in lieu of the arguably simpler punishment of performing 240 hours of community service. She received the sentence after pleading guilty to driving drunk in Kailua late last year, when she was pulled over within 15 minutes of her Lost cohort Cynthia Watros. Watros pleaded guilty to similar charges and was sentenced to 14 hours of counseling and had her license revoked for 90 days.

After appearing in court last Tuesday, Rodriguez apologized to police officers for her aggressive and erratic post-arrest behavior, including egging on officers to "just put a gun to my head and shoot me," and claimed that she'd been taking behavior-altering steroids for allergies since arriving in the state.

Rodriguez turned herself in to state sheriffs on Tuesday, shortly after 2 p.m. and immediately began serving her jail time.

According to Espinda, the actress resided in a dorm with 60 other female inmates and was able to read and watch TV, with the stipulation that her area had to be kept clean.

No media were present at the time of her release.

While her legal troubles in Hawaii appear to be patched up, she's still got authorities to deal with on the mainland.

Deputy Los Angeles City attorney Tim Saito filed a motion to revoke Rodriguez's probation in Los Angeles Superior Court on Dec. 21 in light of her recent arrest. At the time of her Hawaiian DUI, the 27-year-old was nearly halfway through her three-year probation, which she was sentenced to in 2004 after pleading no contest to three misdemeanors, including drunken driving, stemming from two separate traffic accidents in 2003.

Should the court find that Rodriguez was in violation of her probation, she could face up to 18 months in jail.

Lost wraps up shooting early this month, but because of the size of the cast and varying story lines, producers say they can work around Rodriguez's absence.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060501/en_tv_eo/18922

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

First contractually killed off and now this:

Michelle Rodriguez Gets 60 Days in Jail

Monday May 22, 2006 5:50pm EST
    Wednesday May 17, 2006 6:30pm EST (updated)
    By Ken Lee and Stephen M. Silverman

CREDIT: AARON ANDREWS / PHOTO IMAGE PRESS

Lost actress Michelle Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in the Los Angeles County jail Monday for violating her probation.

Judge Rex Heeseman, without fanfare, read off Rodriguez's other sanctions related to her DUI arrest in December, including completion of a 30-day alcohol rehabilitation program, and an extension of her probation by two years. Her sentence is to start no later than May 31.

A solemn-looking Rodriguez and her attorneys left without making comment, but in New York City late last week, the actress told PEOPLE, "I'm a gypsy. I can see beauty in a jail cell."

Prosecutors had charged that the actress's 2005 arrest in Oahu, Hawaii, for drunken driving violated a probation term she was already serving for other driving-related charges in L.A.

Last month, Rodriguez, 27, was sentenced to five days in an Oahu jail for her December 1, 2005, DUI arrest on the island. She was released April 28 after serving just 65 hours, because the time she'd spent in custody after her arrest counted toward her sentence.

In June 2004, she had been placed on three years' probation after pleading no contest to charges, including DUI and driving with a suspended license, stemming from two separate incidents in the Hollywood area in 2003.

She was also sentenced to 48 hours in jail, community service and a 30-day alcohol program.

As for her Hawaii arrest last year, Rodriguez and Lost castmate Cynthia Watros were both charged with drunken driving after they were pulled over in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other.

Watros pleaded guilty in January. She was fined and ordered to undergo an alcohol assessment and counseling. Rodriguez pleaded guilty in April and chose jail time over performing 240 hours of community service. She was also fined $500.

Both Rodriguez's and Watros's characters were recently killed off on Lost.

With reporting by Saryn Chorney

http://people.aol.com/people/article...195153,00.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Former 'Lost' star released from jail

LOS ANGELES, May 30 (UPI) -- Actress Michelle Rodriguez was released from her two-month term at the Los Angeles County Jail after only a few hours because of crowded conditions.

The former star of ABC TV's "Lost" reported to the jail to serve her sentence for probation violation Thursday, only to be released four hours and 20 minutes later, People magazine reported Tuesday.
    "Needless to say, our prosecutors are not happy about this," a city attorney spokesperson told the magazine. "But the sheriffs have a policy to let some non-violent offenders go early, in part due to jail overcrowding."

Rodriguez, 27, celebrated her release at the Tropicana Bar Thursday night, the magazine said.

She was sentenced May 22 two 60 days in jail for getting arrested for drunken driving in Hawaii while on probation for a Los Angeles DUI.
    Her character was killed off the hit ABC TV show toward the end of the season.

She remains on probation for two more years and is still liable for 30 hours of community service, People said.
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...0-053035-9714r