• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

WDW 22nd Annual Xmas Day Parade

WALT DISNEY WORLD ANNOUNCES FINAL LINE UP FOR 22nd ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE

Celebrity Hosts Include Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa from
    Walt Disney World and Ryan Seacrest from Disneyland
    Lake Buena Vista, Fla., December 14, 2005 – Walt Disney World Resort in Florida invites America to celebrate its 22nd annual Christmas Day Parade telecast from the heart of the Magic Kingdom, with special performances from the Disneyland Resort in California. Everyone’s favorite music variety voice, Ryan Seacrest, will host the festivities from Disneyland Resort while America’s hottest morning talk show duo, Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, hosts of “Live with Regis and Kelly,” co-host in Walt Disney World.
    For more than two decades, the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade has been a family tradition featuring Disney’s most cherished characters including: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pinocchio, Princesses Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine as well as the Disney Channel’s favorite Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House; Stanley; the Little Einsteins; The Wiggles; JoJo Circus and others.
    The Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade telecast airs on ABC Christmas Day from 10 a.m. to noon (EST), 9 to 11 a.m. (CST), 8 to 10 a.m. (MST) and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. (PST). Viewers should check their local listings for any changes in programming times.

Star-Studded Guest List
    In addition to featuring charismatic hosts on both coasts, the two-hour parade special will highlight a variety of celebrity appearances and musical performances including: country superstar band Lonestar; acclaimed model, actress and singer Vanessa Williams; The View’s Star Jones; Mary Poppins’ Julie Andrews; golf champion Tiger Woods; Grammy® award winning jazz vocalist Diana Krall, R&B singing sensation Fantasia, award-winning actor John O’Hurley, best known for his appearance on ABC’s hit show Dancing With The Stars; sister songstresses Aly and AJ; tween pop group The Cheetah Girls; and young stars of Disney’s newest movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Anna Popplewell, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes and William Moseley.

A Disney Family Tradition
    In addition to the parade’s impressive list of performers, the 22nd Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will feature fanciful pageantry from Disney’s globally renowned theme parks, including Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California. At the heart of the show, the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade takes center stage, with Disney favorites making their way down Main Street, U.S.A., in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom

WALT DISNEY WORLD presents
    ·Latin recording artist Paulina Rubio singing Joy to the World at CinderellaCastle
    ·Brian Setzer and his 18-piece band performing his rockin’ big band version of "Jingle Bells"
    ·Christmas Tree float with Mickey and Minnie
    ·Villains Car with Yzma, Kronk and Cruella
    ·Cinderellabration at CinderellaCastle
    ·Ice Pond float with Donald and Daisy
    ·Princess Carriages carrying Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora with princes
    ·Performance of Beauty and the Beast starring John O’Hurley singing Be Our Guest at Cinderella’s Castle
    ·Power Rangers Car featuring the Power Rangers
    ·U.S. Military Processional with remarks from President George W. Bush
    ·Toy Factory float featuring Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, toy soldiers and green army men
    ·Bakeshop Factory float carrying Mrs. Claus, the gingerbread men, elves and maids
    ·Herbie from Disney-MGM Studios’ Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show attraction
    ·Candy House float
    ·Sister act Aly & AJ will perform a song from the Jingle Jams CD
    ·The Cheetah Girls to perform a song from their Cheetah-licious Christmas CD
    ·Greetings from Tiger Woods plus others to follow
    ·Cirque du Soleil will perform a living Christmas card spectacular
    DISNEYLAND RESORT IN CALIFORNIA presents
    · Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams highlights the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with spectacular musical numbers featuring one of the largest casts of Disney characters ever assembled
    · A Christmas Fantasy Parade featuring Goofy, Chip n’ Dale, the Seven Dwarfs, Rudolph and reindeer friends plus Stitch as Santa in fun-filled Yuletide vignettes on Main Street, U.S.A.
    · Other Disneyland highlights include:
    · Space Mountain, America’s favorite Disney theme park adventure, has recently been re-Imagineered for the 21st century
    · Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!, a sneak peek at the newest attraction to open in Disney’s California Adventure as part of the 50th Celebration
    · A Float Fit for a Princess featuring special performances in the shadows of SleepingBeautyCastle, which has been transformed into a “Crown Jewel” for the Park’s 50th anniversary
    Disney’s Final Christmas Wish
    Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts will give a very special Christmas closing with performances of “Joy to the World” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” To celebrate Disney’s milestone year and for the first time in the parade’s history, the show will expand its final number to create an unprecedented moment including all of the parks around the world. The finale will feature an international choir with Disney theme park Cast Members from Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong joining in for Disney’s final Christmas wish.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Reaver of Souls

Re: WDW 22nd Annual Xmas Day Parade

Ryan Seacrest? When will that guy fall off the face of the earth? Or at least leave the West Coast so I don't have to see or hear him any more...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Easy. Start the American Idol boycott now and then he's just a disc jockey w/ a few hundred outdoor boards.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Reaver of Souls

That's a boycott I'd joyfully get behind!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

I proudly can say I've never watched the show. Not once, and do not plan to start. I believe the high school talent shows belongs in the gymnasium.

• Reaver of Souls

I'm with you 125% on that one. Hate it, hate it...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I'm with you 125% on that one. Hate it, hate it...
    Cool, if we split up the list, we'd only have to call about 12 million people (between the ages of 13 - 25) each to get them on board...

• Reaver of Souls

Well, let's get to work...

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I am sorry to drag this off topic but I must give my two cents here. I had a similar opinion of American Idol until I actually watched the show for an entire season. I thought it was going to be a bunch of bubblegum pop crap that the music industry was tryng to shove down my throat already. That is until I watched it. The beginning of the season with the outtakes is ineed terrible and I will never watch those early episodes ever again. However the wide variety of material that the contestants must master convinced me that there was much more to American Idol than meets the eye. Almost every style of music has to be performed by the contestants: standards from the American songbook, Disco, big band, country, classic rock, Jazz, Blues, etc. There were celeb judges that were not just big shots from now-Patti LaBelle and Paul Anka were just two of them. I was very impressed. Don't knock something until you've tried it. By giving Idol a try I realized that you can't judge a book by its cover

Meanwhile, I am really excited about the parade this year. Finally there is a musical act that I am interested in seeing. Brian Setzer has been a favorite of mine for quite awhile. He also has a new Christmas album out now ("Dig that Crazy Christmas") that I am anxious to go out and buy. I am thrilled that they chose his band to appear during the parade.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If I hear "Seacrest Out!" one more time I am going to STRANGLE that guy!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yum. You can send Ryan over to my house, then

I'll most likely miss this, which bums me out. Next year
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• keep moving forward...

to aimster-

Seacrest Out!!!

now... let the strangleing begin...i will donate a rope, and a pit full of large alligators...

• Rock Star Minion

Geat hijack.
    Yes, Idol sucks. I have the displeasure of having to traverse a room in which it's on for the rest of the family. DNA tests prove they're my kids, OTOH, they also prove that their my wife's. (With video backup on that end.)
    So, yes I've experienced it, and I hate it. On the bright side, we TiVo it, so the 60 minute show is only 40 minutes.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

So, back on topic, then: Is this what was taped about a week or two ago in DL? Was it also taped in WDW at the same time, or will there be "Magical editing" that takes place? Can't possibly believe that this is a live show. So many things can go wrong.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    So, back on topic, then: Is this what was taped about a week or two ago in DL? Was it also taped in WDW at the same time, or will there be "Magical editing" that takes place? Can't possibly believe that this is a live show. So many things can go wrong.
    Yes, this is the show portions I called in the report on 12/5
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ght=filming+at

It's alot cheaper to tape in advance with union techs and when the talent like Diana Krall is available.