DISNEY CRUISE LINE - Mediterranean?

I heard about that disney confirmed a mediterranean cruise for 2007. This would be the 15th anniversary of disneyland resort paris and the mediterranean sea is great destination.

does anybody have any information about this?

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Re: DISNEY CRUISE LINE - Mediterranean?

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan
    I heard about that disney confirmed a mediterranean cruise for 2007. This would be the 15th anniversary of disneyland resort paris and the mediterranean sea is great destination.

So far, there is no truth to this rumor. The only ones who "confirm" it are the cast members on the ships. I can't tell you how many times I have heard cast members say they were "adding a loop" to Space Mountain. No offense to anyone here, but I find it hard to trust the information of any cast member in a service position on the ships when those who work at DCL corporate state this is nothing more than a rumor. I certainly do not think the cast members are "lying" but merely treating rumor and speculation as though it is truth.

I may be way wrong in my opinion, but with the high price of Disney cruises, how many people will honestly pay to fly a family of 4 or more to Spain to cruise for a 5-7 day cruise? Maybe I am underestimating the draw of Disney, but I have watched these boards as countless people have already called for their own personal boycott because of rising prices.

Some are calling for a great deal of Europeans to book these rooms if Disney does sail from Spain. As I have no way of judging the demand, I have no way to determine how plausible this may be.

I hope the rumors are true as my wife and I will book the minute the info is released. We are somewhat hesitant to get excited as so many people were positive that Disney would offer cruises to Hawaii and/or Alaska in 2006 and both failed to materialize.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Disney is expanding into other travel markets- they are currently hiring "adventure guides" for vacations at non- Disney destinations. If these trips are popular, then I can see the possibility if expanding their Cruise Line. I too would love the opportunity to take such a cruise, but the airfare to a European port of call may be prohibitive for those of us in the Western Hemisphere.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Nothing confirmed yet, no announcement through our Agency, will let you know if we hear anything! We get Disney announcements daily of any change in venue, we sell A LOT of Disney!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I wish theywould add three new ships to their line. that way they could have two on the other coast to do the alaska and mexican riviera roots and one to go through the canal and possibly a short mediterranean season. Carnival announced 4 new ships recently, I know the euro is high but i wish they would expand. it's tough having a " line" with only two ships. and even harder getting on one unless you book a year ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan

Disney has quite a few options they want to try. The Mexico run went great as far as selling out, but the per diem spent on the ship was lower than they expected, so they will be cautious on where to take this. The Med also, is really not a kid friendly cruise market, so it may be a hard sell other there.

Another board is reporting that several travel agents have received information on the dates regarding the Mediterranean Cruises, and it sounds semi-official.

No ports or prices, but there will be 2 14 day repo cruises (May and August 2007) with alternating 10 and 11 day Med. cruises in between. Sounds like this will be more geared towards Europeans. I can't imagine tons of middle class Americans dropping the $10K for the family to go. (that's just an estimate)

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Sign us up for a repo!!!! Holy crap, I can only imagine going cross-Atlantic on the Magic. Even with most days being at sea. Agh! I'm almost in tears over it. I really want this BAAAAAAAD.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Here are the dates:

REPOSITIONING CRUISE

U.S.A to Europe May 12, 2007 - May 26, 2007
    Europe to U.S.A. August 18, 2007 - September 1, 2007

10 & 11 NIGHT ITINERARIES

May 26, 2007 - 11 Night
    June 6, 2007 - 10 Night
    June 16, 2007 - 11 night
    June 27, 2007 - 10 night
    July 07, 2007 - 11 night
    July 18, 2007 - 10 night
    July 28, 2007 - 11 night
    August 8, 2007 - 10 night

This was finally confirmed to us on our Disney Wonder cruise this past weekend. Pricing is expected to be released in March and the on-sale in April. There has been talk that they will book based on a first-come, first-serve basis and not by the countless faxes sent to inventory control. Word is they have a hard time reaching those people and getting them to confirm and they want to try and sell these as fast as possible.

My wife and I will book even though we have 3 upcoming cruises, but was advised that the price will be very high. We only book in suites and was told our usual room would run around $30,000.00 for the repositioning cruise.

Again, this is only what high-level cast members have told me, does not make anything "official" until Disney makes it that way.

I'm tempted, but definitely want to see the prices first. We're going to Maui relatively cheaply this June, so we could probably swing it next year. Although we really want to go to Ireland in the next couple of years. Can't do it on the same trip because of vacation time, though.

And I don't know if I should make a cruise like this my first DCL experience. I mean what if I hate it! I'm sure I wouldn't hate it, but I wasn't blown away by the planning DVD (too cutesy poo). I'm really kicking myself for not booking one of the Mexico ones while it was here!
    Last edited by millionairegirl; 02-01-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'm really hoping the deposits are the same ($250 per person). If so, this could be doable, even with our wedding expenses for this year.

Like, OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

2 weeks aboard the Magic...... see what happens when ya make a wish???

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    Another board is reporting that several travel agents have received information on the dates regarding the Mediterranean Cruises, and it sounds semi-official.

No ports or prices, but there will be 2 14 day repo cruises (May and August 2007) with alternating 10 and 11 day Med. cruises in between. Sounds like this will be more geared towards Europeans. I can't imagine tons of middle class Americans dropping the $10K for the family to go. (that's just an estimate)
    I would be intersted to know who these "travel agents are?" My agency is a top tier agency with Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney Travel. I have contacted Disney through my contacts and no one will confirm this. There has been talk about this cruise, but nothing definitve. There will be announcement of the schedule for summer 2007 in March. Disney is running some special Southern Caribbean 10 and 11 day cruises in the spring of 2007. With the price they would have to charge and airfares from $800.00 to $1200.00 to Europe, I would be skeptical Disney would do this. The Mexico cruise,while it sold out, the per diem on the ship (money spent) was lower than the anticipated and that is why they are not bring ing it here. An inside cabin with air from LA would run around at least $8000.00 for a family of 4. And if they do a 10 or 11 day cruise, that leaves little time for Disneyland Paris, as most family travel from America is from a week to 10 days. Americans do not take long vacations usually. I do not see this being marketed to Europeans either.

As for Disney Adventures- This was started to compete with Tauck Bridges. Tauck is a very premier tour company that was going to run this program for Disney, but instead Disney hired the two executives at Tauck that run this program to start it for Disney. These are usually 7 to 10 day vacations centered around our National Parks.

If Disney does do this cruise, deposit will probably be in the $500.00 to $750.00 per person range.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Will let you know if we hear anything......Our ears are always open when it comes to Disney travel!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette