• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Who is Nip/Tuck's The Carver? And why so pale?

In this week's issue (on newsstands now), Entertainment Weekly's Lynette Rice (with the help of Vegas oddsmakers) speculates on the identity of the Carver:

"How much you wanna bet Dr. Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) is the Carver? Odds are you’d lose if you wagered on Nip/Tuck’s Dec. 20 finale, when we’ll learn the identity of the serial slasher.
    According to the (just for fun) oddsmakers at Wynn Las Vegas, Troy’s odds are 5,000 to 1. The safe bet? Two-timing scuzzball Dr. Quentin Costa (Bruno Campos; 8 to 5). Running behind him: Matt McNamara (John Hensley; 5 to 2), Det. Kit McGraw (Rhona Mitra; 3 to 1), Dr. Merrill Bobolit (Joey Slotnick; 8 to 1), Dr. Liz Cruz (Roma Maffia; 10 to 1), and Ava Moore (Famke Janssen; 15 to 1)."

The season finale is Tuesday, Who do you think the Carver is?
    and have you seen this http://www.myspace.com/thecarver
    Last edited by ALIASd; 12-16-2005 at 04:56 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: Who is Nip/Tuck's The Carver? And why so pale?

I saw that myspace. I honestly have no idea who it could be, and I don't even want to guess. But Nip/Tuck had been really great this season- its one of my favorite shows ever!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^It has been exceptional, Tuesday should be great!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

We need a poll on this thread!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Among those choices, I would pick Dr. Quentin because he is bisexual. Of course, the real surprise would be Julia's mother or one of the Klansmen.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

2 hours season finally. I think that it is Quentin, he is such a sleaze ball.
    Last week was so great!! not that they all aren't but matt's part with his whacked out girlfriend. I am glad he finally got how weird she is. What about the clauses? How could you have a calcium baby inside you for that long? I was happy when Julia didn't get an abortion and she walked out with Sean.
    I am sorry to see it end
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• A Pirate's life for me!

Very cool season!

I'd go along with Quentin as well, but knowing TV plots, it's almost too obvious. I smell a rat from the past as the slasher, but it's hard to say. Maybe Dr. Bobolit. He was crazy enough...Or Ava. Or...

We'll find out tuesday!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Unmasking 'Nip/Tuck' devil By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY

Nip/Tuck's gory plastic surgeries and edgy sex scenes get a lot of attention. But loyal viewers of the hit FX show can't stop buzzing about one thing: Who is The Carver?
    The identity of Nip/Tuck’s Prada-clad slasher, dubbed The Carver,
    will be revealed in tonight’s two-hour finale.
    By Prashant Gupta, FX

Since last season, a masked person has been slashing victims, often on their mouths, leaving them sporting a garish clown smile. It's a story line that bumped ratings enough last year that creator Ryan Murphy decided to continue the Carver mystery.
    "I'm stunned that it's become such a big deal," says Murphy. "It was only intended for one episode, but people gravitated to it."
    In the final scene of tonight's two-hour finale (10 ET/PT), in a Phantom of the Opera-esque denouement, The Carver's face will be revealed.
    This season, its third, Nip/Tuck has averaged 3.6 million viewers against tough fall-season network competition; in 2004, when it aired in summer, it averaged 3.8 million.
    The question now: Will The Carver's unmasking be enticing enough to top last season's finale, which drew 5.3 million viewers?
    Both main-character plastic surgeons have been victims, along with numerous others. Throughout the season, speculation on several fan message boards about The Carver's identity has risen each week. The consensus as to who might be the slasher has changed as the show has pointed to different possible culprits.
    At betmaker.com on Monday, sex addict Gina Russo (Jessalyn Gilsig) was the odds-on favorite at 1:1.
    At fxniptuck.blogspot.com, Quentin Costa (Bruno Campos), a troublemaking doctor who made his first appearance last season, is the frontrunner.
    Some fans even speculate that Joan Rivers, an occasional guest star, might be The Carver.
    Cast and crewmembers, who don't know The Carver's identity because every Carver scene has been shot on a closed set, have been making their own bets. Frontrunner among them: transsexual Ava Moore, played by Famke Janssen, according to show publicist Scott Seomin.
    Secrecy on the set has been tightly enforced. Security-encoded scripts were handed out a day before filming, which took place at the end of November.
    "No one knew but me and the writers, and we took a blood oath," says Murphy. "I was shocked we could keep it a secret."
    No one wants to spoil the finale, so instead here are some fun Carver facts, courtesy of FX:
    • The Carver wears Prada, a black sweater from the Winter '04 collection.
    • There are three identical knives used for filming. One is very dull, one is sharp, and one "bleeds" when pushed against skin.
    • There was only one Carver mask made for filming. It's made of porcelain and resin and is very delicate. Because of worries that it would break, a props man was in charge of it at all times.
    Murphy directed the finale, and he says it was a triumphant moment. "When we shot the scene where the mask came off, the crew applauded."
    Every season, he says, it's important to have a villain. Last year, it was Ava. This year, The Carver.
    Now that the show is on hiatus until spring, he'll have plenty of time to think of a new one for next season. But, says Murphy: "It might have to be two people to top The Carver."

• Why do you keep talking?

WHOO! We finally get to know!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! The only bad thing will be waiting for next season to start. I upgraded my sattelite package when we moved just to get this show and I am soooo glad I did.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.