Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• IZTUAZU!!!

I voted, and I will again next year against the board, even though I only have 125 shares (<.000001%)

Keep up the fight, Roy and Stan!!!
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    If Save Disney can whip up enough controversy, it may force Iger to step down, or the board to consider appointing a Co-CEO or a strong and well known President.
    Like I have said before... Getting Eisner to step down as CEO was a Giant Step... But there would be no way to do so and have him not determine the rules of his depature... Which was to get Iger as CEO... And it was his actions no matter how honorable or dishonorable they where betrayed this desire... Oh, and Iger was also on the Board when Meg was interviewed...

If you want to talk about a "Fix."

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    They listen to the stockholders that own 66% of the stock... those are the institutional investors.. the mutual funds and the investment broakerage houses.
    The trouble is that of that 66%... Many of them are State Employee Funds mostly held by Teachers... They are not happy with what has come out of Disney in recent years... Among these are CalPers which is Disney's largest investor...

Of course there are those of us individual investors who usually are trading for the long term... Most of whom don't usually vote on the proxy... Which allows full authorization to the board to act in their best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Pixar is making comments that they may be able to deal with Iger. This is good news that will help both Disney and Iger.
    The biggest obsticle was a personal vindetta between Steve Jobs and Michael Eisner... Eisner testified before congress refering directly to Apple's marketing campaign, calling for heavier regulations because it promotes activities that harm Disney's copywrites.

It is understandable why Jobs doesn't want to even talk to Eisner... And my money is on Jobs, because he has been fighting Bill Gates for years now.

Iger may or may not have a chance to patch it up... Everyone hopes so... But with what has been happening with content and Ipod, and maybe TiVo if Apple purchases the company... A strategic alliance between Apple and Disney is almost more important than an alliance between Pixar and Disney...

That is one of the things that infuriated me about the Dream Desk... Disney getting into computing and dissing Jobs, yet again...
    Check out my other blog:

• Santa Barbara, CA

"All we are saaaaaaaaaaaaying is give Bob a chance..."

If he brings Pixar back without giving away the store, he's golden.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    "All we are saaaaaaaaaaaaying is give Bob a chance..."

If he brings Pixar back without giving away the store, he's golden.
    Pixar is going to demand a better deal... And I am surprised that Disney agreed to the last one... But much is riding on Chicken Little for Disney if it flops of if it flies...

Pixar is looking for a deal which will look more like DreamWorks Animation's deal with NBC/Universal...

The only other player really is Viacom...

Lion's Gate isn't big enough... But I imagine that LG will want to partner with the Weinstein's new company...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12