James B. Stewart (DisneyWar Author) Talking at The Mark Taper Auditorium

Will anyone else be attending the James Stewart "author of 'DisneyWar'" discussion @ The Mark Taper Auditorium March 16th?

http://la.com.socialdomain.com/info.php?id=14058

http://www.lapl.org/events/aloud/mar-apr_05/index.html
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

Post confrence info...

Even though no one replied back, I thought I would share some thoughts. It was a modest crowd, about 2/3rds filled. Most of the crowd was age 45+ it seemed. There were points on the book that were discussed in closer detail. Some of his insights were interesting, specifically, he was surprised at how readily a lot of inside do***entation was just handed to him. After reading the book and listening to him talk, it's hard to not side with Roy and Stan. I asked if he thought his book may have brought on the hasty decision to announce Iger as the successor to Eisner. He said that he didn't write the book with the intent to change anything at Disney, simply to bring out the truths of the business, but it certainly has made an impact on current and possibly future events, good or bad. (Paraphrased) It was a great interview and can be seen on local LA channel 32. (at least that is what was said at the meeting)
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

• Santa Barbara, CA

I'm sorry to have missed your post as I would have shown up (in disguise). Sounds facinating. Did he talk about WDI at all? Or Frank Wells? Or churros?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I'm sorry to have missed your post as I would have shown up (in disguise). Sounds facinating. Did he talk about WDI at all? Or Frank Wells? Or churros?
    Most of the interview, as well as the book, focused on Disney management, specifically Eisner. He started researching his book with the intent to report on how Disney makes its films, but in the middle, the Roy/Stan revolt happened and he changed his focus. There was no mention of WDI in the interview. Frank Wells was touched on, citing that his tragic death seemed to be a starting point to Eisners whirlwind of acquisitions and paranoia. No mention of churros, but, all of a sudden, I am hungry for one!