Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Toy Story 3, Pixarless?

"Bradley Raymond will direct Toy Story 3, which Walt Disney Pictures is planning for a 2008 theatrical release. Raymond previously helmed direct-to-DVD/video Disney titles The Lion King 1½ and The Hunchback of Notre Dame II."
    -Comingsoon.net

Okay, what do you guys think? My take? I think it's a darn good paper tiger for Bob Iger to vanquish and try and lure Pixar back.

Think about it.
    -Bradley Raymond doesn't exactly come from a fine pedigree. This hasn't stopped Disney before though, I know.
    -It would be a huge task for Disney because they don't have the wireframe models to easily recreate the characters( I guess that explains the 2008 date). They would basically have to catch up on two previous movies worth of R&D with a relatively green CG depatment.
    -From interviews I have seen or read, it seems the cast would be reluctant to lend their voices to any other Toy Story Production. Tim Allen might do it still, I don't know.
    -Disney knows the talent of Pixar and knows that they really can't touch it with a young CG depatment and second tier voices.

Still all said, if Eisner is still on the board and Jobs is still stubborn, we may be in for a REALLLLY crumby version of Toy Story 3.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8742
    source

• I am a Pluto lover

On SaveDisney.com it says Iger is going to try that

"First Acid Test for Iger: New Pixar Pact NEW
    The first acid test for Robert Iger as he takes the reins at Walt Disney Co. will be to see if he can, somehow, revive the company's lucrative deal with Pixar Animation Studios, analysts say. Russ Britt & David B. Wilkerson, MarketWatch"

I also read in there that John Razenberg (sp) wouldn't come back to Toy Story 3 unless Pixar was involved.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

•   
    • Minion

The project was doomed the moment that Glendale said they where going to produce this without Pixar... It put the project in a bad political position for everyone involved... No body would want to touch the project...

I am tired of the horrible sequels... And more over, sooner or later they won't fool anyone... I mean, BAMBI 2... These are the last acts of a desperate movie studio...

I am also very sceptical about Chicken Little...
    Check out my other blog:

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb
    "Raymond previously helmed direct-to-DVD/video Disney titles The Lion King 1½ and The Hunchback of Notre Dame II."
    -Comingsoon.net
    That resume is about as impressive as Ashlee Simpson singing without a vocal track.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse
    I also read in there that John Razenberg (sp) wouldn't come back to Toy Story 3 unless Pixar was involved.
    Yeah well I am sure Michael Eisner could play the Piggy bank with no problem.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    That resume is about as impressive as Ashlee Simpson singing without a vocal track.

You forgot Lindsay Lohan as well.

• Circle of Ancients

At least Lindsay Lohan is hot!!!

I saw the Chicken Little preview on the Incredibles DVD, it looked good, but who knows. At least with Pixar we KNOW we are going to get a great movie. Although I will say the teasers for Cars left me a bit under-whelmed.

Toy Story 3 without Pixar is doomed from the start. Period.

I hope disney does get a new deal with pixar although I hope IGer is not so desperate to spark a deal that he gives Pixar to much. I agree with Eisner for walking away. They had such a great deal with the first 7 movies. Under the contract that Pixar wanted now they would have over the long run lost a lot more money. Pixar needs disney more than Disney needs pixar in my opinion.

About cars: The movie is being pushed back a year so they can fix things. that cant be good. I was very underwhelmed when I saw the preview for this. It will be hard for pixar to break away from the CLear similarities to the animated chevron cars that have come and gone already.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985
    They had such a great deal with the first 7 movies. Under the contract that Pixar wanted now they would have over the long run lost a lot more money. Pixar needs disney more than Disney needs pixar in my opinion.
    I can't believe Pixar was willing to give Disney so much with their first contract. To give up createive control of the characters as well as any rights to sequals was not the smartest move. Pixar is in a bit of a pickle now, but it's entirely thier own doing. I just hope they can come out on top. As for needing Disney I think that was true when they started out, but now that they have such a recognized (and respected) name they would be just fine without Disney. Sure they'd miss out on the marketing musscle of the parks, but it's not as if the studio is hurting for money. They're sitting on piles of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985
    About cars: The movie is being pushed back a year so they can fix things. that cant be good. I was very underwhelmed when I saw the preview for this. It will be hard for pixar to break away from the CLear similarities to the animated chevron cars that have come and gone already.
    That's not exactly right. At least not from the last I heard. Pixar has pushed back the release but they are finishing the film on the old schedule. The movie was only pushed back to gain a better release date. Pixar has stated and restated that they are very happy with Cars and have full faith in the projuect. They just want to secure a summer release to maximize profits.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

I think Pixar is buying a little more time, maybe to get into new negotiations with Disney

• Keeper of Useless Trivia

Let's do the math:

Toy Story 3 - Pixar = Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 aka CRAP!!!
    Evil Disney Guy...I RULE!

• Minion

IMDB Filmography for Bradley Raymond, rumored director for the "Pix-aren't" Toy Story 3:

- The Lion King 1 1/2 (2004)
    - The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (2002)
    - Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas (1999) ("Donald's Christmas Nightmare")
    - Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World (1998)

• Just this guy......

I have a very bad feeling about this

• IZTUAZU!!!

Sounds like another possible movie to go on the MST3K List (Even though the show has been discontinued), and the Chicken Little trailer didn't impress me either.
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by yensid98
    I can't believe Pixar was willing to give Disney so much with their first contract.

They just want to secure a summer release to maximize profits.
    Okay, I stand corrrected about the release date and such and I agree that They gave up on a hell of a lot. But then back in 1990 noone herd of Pixar and Computer animation was completely out of the picture. The main killer for the new contract would be that any of the terms of the new contract would be applied to the old movies under the old contract. I am sure if that was taken out of the contract Eisner would have continued the relationship. Disney is in no place to loose any of the profits or copyrights of the past pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast