Thread: About to cry..

About to cry..

Okay. Just after my rant about Ringu and The Eye being remade, I find out that Dark Water has been remade and Jennifer Connelly is the lead female role!?!? With Shelley Duvall?? And Camryn Manheim???!! What a shame that once again, a brilliant and beautifully horrifying Japanese film is mutilated so that Americans can digest it.

Don't see the American version of Dark Water without seeing the original by Hideo Nakata. You'll only cheat yourself.

If they remake Battle Royale, I am so going to be sick.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    Okay. Just after my rant about Ringu and The Eye being remade, I find out that Dark Water has been remade and Jennifer Connelly is the lead female role!?!? With Shelley Duvall?? And Camryn Manheim???!! What a shame that once again, a brilliant and beautifully horrifying Japanese film is mutilated so that Americans can digest it.

Don't see the American version of Dark Water without seeing the original by Hideo Nakata. You'll only cheat yourself.

If they remake Battle Royale, I am so going to be sick.
    Come now, it's okay just breathe, this Japanese film re-make craze will soon fade. How will it be possible to re-make Battle Royale? Haha, the original Japanese version will never be released in the US. And if they did re-make it, it would be a total bore.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind that dark water is a film made by Touchstone, whose parent company is Buena Vista Pictures whose parent company is the Walt Disney Company.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Reaver of Souls

I'm sorry, what? I missed everything except the Jennifer Connelly part...

mmmm... connelicious...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• FULL METAL JACKAL

I feel your pain -- I just found out they're making an American version of the awesome Korean revenge film Oldboy -- I'm having considerable difficulty imagining how exactly they'll do that without totally gutting it.

(AnotherPixie -- after reading your post, I really must recommend that you get your hands on Oldboy, if you haven't already seen it. It's crazy good. Tartan has the US release rights, so it should come out on DVD sometime, but you might be able to see it sooner.)

And I agree with everything Hikari said about Battle Royale.

--K

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos the Jackal
    I feel your pain -- I just found out they're making an American version of the awesome Korean revenge film Oldboy -- I'm having considerable difficulty imagining how exactly they'll do that without totally gutting it.

(AnotherPixie -- after reading your post, I really must recommend that you get your hands on Oldboy, if you haven't already seen it. It's crazy good. Tartan has the US release rights, so it should come out on DVD sometime, but you might be able to see it sooner.)

And I agree with everything Hikari said about Battle Royale.

--K
    I saw Oldboy, awesome film!! That's a shame they are remaking it. If you like a good Korean film, see A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) This film is amazing, the visuals are stunning, the story unforgettable. You must see this film!

Of course, I totally agree with Hikari! If Battle Royale is remade, anything goes. They'd probably even try to remake Ichi the Killer. Can you imagine?? Ichi??

-"Do know what's really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It can't go away, you see. And... and it follows you around like a ghost." - Eun-ju, A Tale of Two Sisters

• FULL METAL JACKAL

Ah, I've got an import of Tale at my store, but I'm going to wait to watch it 'til we get the new Region 1 version that's coming out in a week or two -- just 'cause I figure the subtitles will probably be better.

As for Ichi -- I haven't seen it yet. I like Miike's Dead or Alive and I LOVE Happiness of the Katakuris, but I havent's seen Ichi or Audition yet -- to be honest, I'm a little scared of them. I'm working my way up to them.

It seems like they release another Miike DVD every week or two -- I've heard good things about Bird People in China and Gozu, especially.

Oh, and speaking of Asian movie remakes -- I like Scorsese, and I liked Infernal Affairs quite a bit, but, you know, I just can't work up any enthusiasm for that remake, either.

--K

• Banned User

just think of this.. you will wlays have the original.... (even if the american Directors and producers F up a concept..)